[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest crawlingcity

Impressions from 6.5, a little bit more sluggish than 6.0, in my opinion, although Antutu reports 4200+. Battery is better, but I'm not seeing those 2% overnight, maybe I have something waking this up.

Annoying bug from SlimRoms, everytime I text a big sms , it converts it to a MMS, even though I set it to convert it only after 100 segments. This doesn't happen in other roms, anyone has any idea how to bypass this annoying thing without using another app ?

Guest Gabrielius

Major issue in v6.5. The mobile network keeps dissapearing, and when trying to call someone I hear beep sound and thats it. No one can call me, but phone shows full bars in network. Does anyone experienced the same problem?

P.S. after reboot it says 'mobile network not available'

Edited by Gabrielius

Guest crawlingcity

Major issue in v6.5. The mobile network keeps dissapearing, and when trying to call someone I hear beep sound and thats it. No one can call me, but phone shows full bars in network. Does anyone experienced the same problem?

P.S. after reboot it says 'mobile network not available'

nope. try a clean install, or just reinstall it. download it again, check the MD5 hash and wipe everything.

How is this compared to CM10.1 besides the constant cm10 nightlies?

In terms of stability, signal loss, etc. ofc

Edited by Guest

Guest rikard0__

hi guys, where i can change the number of pages in home screen!? i have 5 pages and i only need 2 pages!

i try this rom now and for now its looks goods only one thing the interface menu is only in english its goods if we can change it to our language! but nice work :)

"sory ma bad english!"

PEACE.

Guest wozzo

I've tried this rom. Battery is really good, but i think it's too early to put 4.2.2 to our smartphone. Rom is not smooth like JB 4.1.2, and in my opinion notifications bar is just ugly.

Guest TangerineTractor

I've tried this rom. Battery is really good, but i think it's too early to put 4.2.2 to our smartphone. Rom is not smooth like JB 4.1.2, and in my opinion notifications bar is just ugly.

I agree. I have honestly tried every ROM that's around, and every update. They all have some bugs or issue, grunge up after a while, have poor battery life, signal drops...

I end up back at Stock+ or Slim (ICS) - both of these are solid, stable, have decent battery life. The benefits of going to JB from ICS for me on this device are really not worth it - it's nice to play, but ultimately disappointing. The only JB benefits are consmetic, and are outweighed by the issues.

Guest dmalaquias

You mean when you receive an sms or something like that?

Guest wozzo

I mean scrolling, launching apps, and some other actions. It's not lagging a lot, but it's nor smooth like 4.1.2. Older JB is very fast, battery isn't like ICS, but it still better. I hope that it will be more roms based on CM10, not 10.1

Guest telonius

People, opinions are nice, everybody got one. Coming here to actually advertise that this ROM is not good enough and that stock ICS based roms are better does it sound kind enough to you?

I don't mind bout productive comments on bugs etc. But personal opinions and statements like "i don't like that" or reports about phenomenal bugs tha actually don't exist are dissapointing.

My 2 cents.

Guest dmalaquias

In other way, i like this rom and for me it's the first rom after ICS that we can use for daily and has some features and battery life.

Btw, i saw in the rom that it has an option "themes", but wich themes can we use?

Guest george109

In other way, i like this rom and for me it's the first rom after ICS that we can use for daily and has some features and battery life.

Btw, i saw in the rom that it has an option "themes", but wich themes can we use?

You can use any theme that you can find, just search for themes in the play store

Guest dmalaquias

You can use any theme that you can find, just search for themes in the play store

But this themes is like the CM Themes? Or just like the launcher themes?

Guest crawlingcity

People, opinions are nice, everybody got one. Coming here to actually advertise that this ROM is not good enough and that stock ICS based roms are better does it sound kind enough to you?

I don't mind bout productive comments on bugs etc. But personal opinions and statements like "i don't like that" or reports about phenomenal bugs tha actually don't exist are dissapointing.

My 2 cents.

Spot on. And made me rethink my comment , but my idea was there and it wasn't to bash on you or anything, was just a comparison between 6.0 and 6.5.

Being a "retired" developer for the king, HD2, I can relate with telonius.

If you have a bug, post it, if you have criticism, by all means, post it, in a positive way. Don't just hijack a thread saying "oh yeah stock+ thats the best rom ever!!1!". This is free, he takes his personal time working on this, apparently battery is way better now than it was 2 days ago, or in any other JB at the moment.

Enjoy the rom, use it or not, but remember this is free, this is not a service, he owes us nothing.

So my 2 cents are, thanks telonius for the hard work, keep it up

Edited by crawlingcity

Guest TangerineTractor

The point I was trying to make is that all jb roms are experimental, all have some issues or other, none are perfect. If you can accept some of the shortcomings then that's fine, if you can't, go for a stock based rom. This rom is as good a jb rom as you will find... but I personally am fed up of all the threads about new roms complaining about the sand things, along the same questions... if you aren't prepared to live with small bugs, occasional fcs, and some apps not working, don't run experimental roms.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest vegadrc

All the ROMs I have tried since I got my g300 have had problems or something I did not like.

This one and the 3.1 version by telonius in my opinion have at last overcome most of these problems.

Thanks to telonius especially and all the other devs who have made this possible.

Lets face it the g300 is not the best phone on the market or the latest and to have a rom that runs this good on it I think is brilliant.

Thanks again telonius.

Guest rikard0__

one day with this rom and for now no bugs no restarts it work goods i only instal ics camera "no lag with this" and apollomusic "i dont like googleplay music!"

now i just dont no where i change the number of homescreens the default are 5 but i like change this to only 2 pages can someone explain.me where i can change this!!?

thanks a lot.. ;)

Its possible instal "The real dark slim" in original stock rom!?

Edited by rikard0__

Guest relvas18

one day with this rom and for now no bugs no restarts it work goods i only instal ics camera "no lag with this" and apollomusic "i dont like googleplay music!"

now i just dont no where i change the number of homescreens the default are 5 but i like change this to only 2 pages can someone explain.me where i can change this!!?

thanks a lot.. ;)

Its possible instal "The real dark slim" in original stock rom!?

i think that you have to install a new launcher to do that

Guest rikard0__

i think that you have to install a new launcher to do that

thanks to yr reply ;) do you now how i intal the new launcher!? any tutorial to do that!?

ty

do you know how i do this ( now i just dont no where i change the number of homescreens the default are 5 but i like change this to only 2 pages can someone explain.me where i can change this!!? )

Edited by rikard0__

Guest TangerineTractor

thanks to yr reply ;) do you now how i intal the new launcher!? any tutorial to do that!?

ty

do you know how i do this ( now i just dont no where i change the number of homescreens the default are 5 but i like change this to only 2 pages can someone explain.me where i can change this!!? )

Download another launcher from Google Play - best ones are Nova, Apex or Holo HD. All are similar. Once installed, press the home key and choose to set it as default. If you don;t like it, when you uninstall it will switch back to the already installed launcher.