[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest dmalaquias

Loving the battery, like ICS!

Right now, with using like ics...1 day 2h and have 59% left of battery :D

Really nice job man!

Guest u8815-15

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting Fc's on setup wizard right on first boot(yes I have done wipes, formats,check MD5 sum, reflash, etc)

Thanks

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm wondering if anyone else is getting Fc's on setup wizard right on first boot(yes I have done wipes, formats,check MD5 sum, reflash, etc)

Thanks

Yes. Tried three times. It does eventually continue if you wait long enough... but I found the whole rom got very gunged up and laggy during th installation of my standard apps, to a point where it was unusable.

There are obviously some small but significant hardware differences between different g300s, because different people report different issues or performance on identical processes. It's not a slight on any of the developers... it's strange. I can't get this rom to run at all acceptably, but don't have issues with other 4.2.2s.

Guest wozzo

Thanks

I had this problem, when i tried to install without SIM. When i put it in, everything is OK.

Guest dmalaquias

Thanks

Happened first time, then i made a Factory restore and did it again, everything worked ;)

Guest jamie_w

Ive just tried this rom and so far seems really good. Battery life is really good, if there's any issues then I'd say there's a slight lag, but nothing to stop me using this great rom

Just found out the reason for the slight lag, only 35mb ram spare :(

Edited by jamie_w

Guest Wellus

Hello, do this rom have issues with network drop? what about battery, how much % will be drained on one day standby? for example lightning rom(ICS) by kyan drains 28% in 2 days and 5 hours on standby, few minutes of browsing, few minutes of talking and sms writing. Can this rom do the same at least with 1 day of usage?

Guest smweb

Hello, do this rom have issues with network drop? what about battery, how much % will be drained on one day standby? for example lightning rom(ICS) by kyan drains 28% in 2 days and 5 hours on standby, few minutes of browsing, few minutes of talking and sms writing. Can this rom do the same at least with 1 day of usage?

Instead of waiting for answers, make a backup of your current ROM and install this ROM for a day or two. Do a comparison yourself and get the answers you are looking for; in case you feel generous, post your findings in some other review thread.

Guest dmalaquias

Ive just tried this rom and so far seems really good. Battery life is really good, if there's any issues then I'd say there's a slight lag, but nothing to stop me using this great rom

I've installed the swapper app and made a 200mb swap. It doesn't appear in the ram usage but if you have the terminal emulator app, type free and you'll see the swap part, now the phone is a bit quicker :)

Guest Wellus

how much time does your battery hold?

how much time does your battery hold?

For example on cm10.1 there is no constant line like here, I am really liking the battery over performance

dhVgUXl.png

Guest jamie_w

I get a full day usage with around 20% left. But I use mine for music, games and alot of internet browsing. So for me its very good compared to other roms

Guest telonius

Small update is up that should adress performance issue. Read changelog on the first post. Let me know if it's better now perfomance wise :)

Guest TangerineTractor

Small update is up that should adress performance issue. Read changelog on the first post. Let me know if it's better now perfomance wise :)

Excellent

I'll give it a try - I tried the last release yesterday evening, and although everything worked fine and it was actually quite fast, it just "felt" slower, if you know what I mean.

Guest dmalaquias

I'll give a shot this night! Thanks in advance

Guest TangerineTractor

6.6 installed and currently installing my apps. No FC on setup wizard this time, and seems to have no lag any more. So far, so good...

Guest crawlingcity

why does everyone ask questions without even trying the rom ? make a backup, install it, use it. TEST IT YOURSELF.

In xda I had a lot of noobs, but I never saw so many people asking questions without even trying the damn thing.

Guest TangerineTractor

So far, so good :-)

Installed no problems, everything works, fast and smooth. Even the bug where turning off quick panel and enabling power toggles fc's system.ui is fixed!

Phone volume was quite high initially, but that's why the volume rocker is there! Better to be loud and turn-downable than too quitet.

Auto brightness seems very sensitive - going too dark really, but I'll have a tweak.

Guest dmalaquias

Just one question, you recommend full wipe comming from 6.5 to 6.6? Or is not needed?