[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest Razor3000

i like this rom but it is a liitle slow but i think that's normal on a low end device like g300..

PS: Can i use swapper in the internal sdcard?

Edited by Razor3000

Guest TangerineTractor

Hmmm

Just had to make a couple of calls, and the volume was ridiculously loud and wouldn't go quiet. It was fine earlier on. Wierd.

Guest dmalaquias

i like this rom but it is a liitle slow but i think that's normal on a low end device like g300..

PS: Can i use swapper in the internal sdcard?

I don't know, but i think not cause you don't have that option on swapper config.

Guest y4ss1n

Hmmm

Just had to make a couple of calls, and the volume was ridiculously loud and wouldn't go quiet. It was fine earlier on. Wierd.

same here...

Guest TangerineTractor

same here...

Yeah, it's a real shame. Interface, speed and functionality are the best I've seen on this phone, but the wake lag and call volume are show stoppers. Back to slim ics for me for the time being...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest rikard0__

can whe use this ROM without Nova launcher!? if i use default Launcher i cant define how many homescreens i like!:/ can we fix it? i like this rom without novalauncher what can i do!?

ty

Guest crawlingcity

can whe use this ROM without Nova launcher!? if i use default Launcher i cant define how many homescreens i like!:/ can we fix it? i like this rom without novalauncher what can i do!?

ty

it was already answered -> go to the play store and install another launcher.

I'm pretty sure you can define how many homescreens you want it in Nova, If you can't find the option, just go and install another one from the play store.

Guest rikard0__

it was already answered -> go to the play store and install another launcher.

I'm pretty sure you can define how many homescreens you want it in Nova, If you can't find the option, just go and install another one from the play store.

hello crawlingcity thanks for yr reply ;)

i know i can define homescreens in Nova. but I do not want to install a launcher app. is not possible to make it in default launcher!?

ty and sory ma bad english

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Hi, just to mention that I installed the rom recently and I was really impressed with some features (for example battery life, which seems to be absolutely decent, in the range of ICS).

Everything else was also working nice, but, the rom is one of the slowest rom's ever, which make it impossible to use on a day-to-day basis. Even simplest tasks like opening app drawer or starting apps have significant delay. Interestingly enough, none of the CPU settings was able to change/improve this (increase min freq,change governor, etc. ..)

Guest TangerineTractor

Hi, just to mention that I installed the rom recently and I was really impressed with some features (for example battery life, which seems to be absolutely decent, in the range of ICS).

Everything else was also working nice, but, the rom is one of the slowest rom's ever, which make it impossible to use on a day-to-day basis. Even simplest tasks like opening app drawer or starting apps have significant delay. Interestingly enough, none of the CPU settings was able to change/improve this (increase min freq,change governor, etc. ..)

Using 6.6? 6.5 was slowm, but not an issue on 6.6. Did you do a full wipe and install?

Guest TangerineTractor

Yeah, it's a real shame. Interface, speed and functionality are the best I've seen on this phone, but the wake lag and call volume are show stoppers. Back to slim ics for me for the time being...

Still trying to identify what is causing teh wake lag... I'm wondering if there's a specific app or service that is delaying the touchscreen wake maybe? The only apps I can see running I have that might be hogging memory are exchange services, or maybe swype?

Also wondering if the slim gapps version is anything to do with it, I have been installing a default 4.2.2 gapps...

Guest oldfella

running for a day, responsive and no problems so far

battery life looking similar to stock+ which is excellent. Overnight no change to battery%.

Guest bilakos10

Still trying to identify what is causing teh wake lag... I'm wondering if there's a specific app or service that is delaying the touchscreen wake maybe? The only apps I can see running I have that might be hogging memory are exchange services, or maybe swype?

Also wondering if the slim gapps version is anything to do with it, I have been installing a default 4.2.2 gapps...

I feel that the phone becomes a bit sluggish when scrolling through homescreens & pages in drawer. Do you experience the same?

Min Cpu Freq: 480MHz

Max Cpu Freq: 1008MHz

Governor: InteractiveX

I/O: Noop

Zram: 18%

@telonius: Can you do anything to boost the smoothness & free ram (e.g Have 400mb available RAM)

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Using 6.6? 6.5 was slowm, but not an issue on 6.6. Did you do a full wipe and install?

I installed 6.6 and did a factory reset, so it should be quite "clean" install. Hmmm, I wonder if gapps might have something to do with it? I think I'll try completely clean install once i have some time (wiping everything, with no gapps, or no extra package, etc.).

I wonder how "oldfella" has no problems with responsiveness ... The lag causes me a nervous breakdown when I press "menu" button :)

Guest TangerineTractor

I feel that the phone becomes a bit sluggish when scrolling through homescreens & pages in drawer. Do you experience the same?

Min Cpu Freq: 480MHz

Max Cpu Freq: 1008MHz

Governor: InteractiveX

I/O: Noop

Zram: 18%

@telonius: Can you do anything to boost the smoothness & free ram (e.g Have 400mb available RAM)

I only have one homescreen and one drawer of apps.

The only lag I find is waking the device.

I've tried changing launcher, makes no difference, I;ve tried changing performance settings.

Now I've wiped and reinstalled using only zips like gapps from the slim download area. SO we'll see how that goes...

Guest vegadrc

As with all android devices each device behaves differently.

I know this from my experiencies with the vega tablet.

Some people have trouble with the screen or wi-fi or bluetooth and others have no problems with it.

Must be the components used on the device builds perhaps.?

Luckily I am not getting any lag faults on this rom.

In fact no faults at all apart from the green screen while camera is saving.

I have enabled the navigation bar and set its height to 40dp then turned off the backlight using keyboard backlight controller from the market.

This stops the backlight flashing on and off everytime the screen is touched which makes it a bit snappier.

Still think this is the best rom I have tried.