How to downgrade from B952 to GB

Guest vhristenco

yes I am... I also tried to change the dload folder with one with another folder. It still gets stuck at some point. So: pink progress bar gets stuck at some point, depending to the version of dload. Anything else trying leads to huawei logo freezed.

I'm thinking about taking it to warranty. Considering the present situation, vodafone could find out that I rooted it?

Make sure that the /dload/update.app is on the external sd card (sometimes people inadvertently put it on the internal "sd card" 2GB partition - e.g. when dragging and dropping from the PC with USB file sharing enabled and the pick the wrong drive letter) and if possible reformat your sdcard and try again or try another card. Sometimes this can help but no guarantee that it will here...

Hope this helps

Guest vhristenco

@ghini: yes, rooting will void your warranty.

Try to install cwm (there are plenty of tutorials on how to do it) then do a full wipe.

BTW, what app were you using when it frozen?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shweeney

The transition from B952 to any other rom including GB, only through a small update.app no interference in the IMEI.

1.install a small update.app - http://ulozto.cz/xEU8sSt7/update-app

2.installing any update.app for example B895

Without removing the IMEI!!

I can confirm that the above middle package works fine for downgrading from B952 direct to B895 (in combination with the official Huawei B895 update.app)

I've tried various different builds of CM, Stock+ and the stock ICS ROM but the fact is the G300 is a dog with ICS or JB installed.  GB is old, but its stable and reasonably smooth.  

Having downgraded I also can't believe how much extra internal space I now have for apps (500MB compared with about 200MB for a clean ICS install) - is ICS really that much bigger?

I've used this to go between ICS/JB and GB and vice versa.

I'm on GB (superslim) including GB baseband right now and the phone is running really well.

My personal experience is also that GB works best on this phone.

Edit: forgot to post link! When I said "this" above I meant THIS! :)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

Edited by dalyer

The transition from B952 to any other rom including GB, only through a small update.app no interference in the IMEI.

1.install a small update.app - http://ulozto.cz/xEU8sSt7/update-app

2.installing any update.app for example B895

Without removing the IMEI!!

Best and simple way to downgrade the phone. Tested yesterday night , it works immediately without issues!

Guest vhristenco

As I previously stated, there are many other methods of downgrading to GB.

One question though: after using the two methods posted above (well... alt least one of them) is the phone still upgradeable via OTA?

As I previously stated, there are many other methods of downgrading to GB.

One question though: after using the two methods posted above (well... alt least one of them) is the phone still upgradeable via OTA?

I don't know about that with this method.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

I have never tried and presume that I'd need to go back to a stock ROM to try? 

I'm on GB B895 based superslim right now.

I tried it, and OTA upgrade didn't work.

Again... read the "final note" of the first post.

Mine is upgradable via OTA....after having installed the b895 version the phone propose me b936.... straight....

And for me the middle package (KUBIKMAR) is the simplest way cose you dont even need to root the phone or install CWM!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cryptoncore

Is there a changelog for the gb versions? I have no idea where the low volume issue is fixed. I have both low volume during incoming calls und a low mic...

B882 isn't fixed for the speaker issue i don't think, flash B895.