[ROM][4.4.] MIUI v5 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest daliborhes

First of all, I'd like to thank KonstaT for porting this rom. it's one of my favourite. :)

Second, I finally installed MIUI today, after an hour of trying (I have trouble with random freezes and reboots and still didn't found the solution) but I also installed gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip for 4.1.2 from the cm 10 thread. I overlooked the changelog for the updated Google Play (4.1.10), and I had the gapps, I flashed it right after I flashed the rom, thougth it would be compatible. But now, Play store doesn't work (download to be exact). This error keeps coming up: "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]". I replaced vending.apk 'cause I have backup of 4.1.10 version (in the gapps is 3.9.16) but still no luck. Is there any solution for this without having to do factory reset or reinstall the rom? I don't want to restart my phone (want to avoid freezes and reboots again). Thanks for any kind of help...

Guest peetu20

Hey, got one more problem. The script is fine but this is very weird....

While I type to terminal cd /data/local/userinit.sh and press "enter", it doesnt find the script file! But the script file is in that directory, I have checked with root browser. So why doesnt terminal found this script. Now I cant automatically turn swap on in boot, so I need to every boot go and execute the script, thats not so handy, because if I place userinit.sh to root of /data, terminal finds it, executes it, and everything is fine, until I boot, and swap doesnt turn on, because CM doesnt call this script from the root of /data. Any help? :(

Guest KonstaT

Hey, got one more problem. The script is fine but this is very weird....

While I type to terminal cd /data/local/userinit.sh and press "enter", it doesnt find the script file! But the script file is in that directory, I have checked with root browser. So why doesnt terminal found this script. Now I cant automatically turn swap on in boot, so I need to every boot go and execute the script, thats not so handy, because if I place userinit.sh to root of /data, terminal finds it, executes it, and everything is fine, until I boot, and swap doesnt turn on, because CM doesnt call this script from the root of /data. Any help? :(

Errm, how are you supposed to change directory into a file? :P /data/local/userinit.sh is no place to put scripts anyway. Use /system/etc/init.d/ or /data/local/userinit.d/ directories instead.

Guest peetu20

Errr, first of all, problem is solved. Just reinstalled cm10, because I got wifi problems, and now I can run userinit.sh from /data/local, and swap will be activated on every boot.

Its still strange that this guy who wrote the script:

want to put it to /data/local.

Anyways, everything seems to working fine, and I can run over 5 apps at the same time, without lagging and waiting(Swap on sdcard causes usually much waiting and blackscreens, while i.e launcher has been moved to swap. Then I need to wait about 5 secs to get to home :D

Thanks for all ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aleksandar069

today i tried this rom and cm10.1 and this rom awsome just my phone says how its not rooted whats the problem? (sorry my bad english)

go to main screen launcher, press Search button, now write ''Permission''. You will see the app Permission manager... open it... you will see ROOT... click on this and enable the root acces. That's it, enjoy...

Guest KonstaT

please konstat can you update this rom?

Not in current plans. There's already more than plenty of work for me to do.

Does this ROM suffer from the infamous 'blue screen' issue btw (because it should)?

Guest MrCrow

Does this ROM suffer from the infamous 'blue screen' issue btw (because it should)?

I agree with you. I have not yet met the blue screen.

Guest bamdad

if you mean the processor-related one, yes it does (on my device, at least). it also has the wifi-freeze bug.

Guest KonstaT

if you mean the processor-related one, yes it does (on my device, at least). it also has the wifi-freeze bug.

No, I mean the issue described in the thread I linked. It has nothing to do with the processor!

Like reported, setting governor to performance only mitigates the issue, it doesn't remove it.

Guest MrCrow

i don't touch the processor and yes it has wifi bug.

Guest bamdad

No, I mean the issue described in the thread I linked. It has nothing to do with the processor!

Like reported, setting governor to performance only mitigates the issue, it doesn't remove it.

:sigh: sorry, i meant the 'blue screen' one, yes. sice disabling speedstepping is a workaround, i assumed it is in fact processor-related in some way.

Guest Zoli18

please help me! i downloaded from official chinese miui site this rom,installed,and my phone do nothing,black screen..i can't turn on my phone..is bricked :( help!

Guest Something Wierd

go in recovery, go in mounts and storage,mount usb storage put in any rom and gaps that is supported by your phone and flash it.Dont forget to wipe data and format system.

Guest thmnss

i can't turn on my phone..it does nothing .. black screen

I regret to inform you but your mobile phone is fully bricked, the official MIUI rom is not compatible with the mobile phone. That's why the KonstaT made this ​​port.

Guest bamdad

I regret to inform you but your mobile phone is fully bricked, the official MIUI rom is not compatible with the mobile phone. That's why the KonstaT made this ​​port.

ouch. i've done that to a galaxy gio once in my beginner days, thinking you can flash anything, the worst that can happen is having to re-flash. i was utterly wrong.. one of the more painful experiences of my life. however, it might help if he removes the battery and lets the phone sit for a day (don't ask why, it worked for me), *or* they might just replace it on warranty if they don't discover what really happened. : )