[request] Overvolt Kernel

Guest Taptap1

Guest Taptap1

Hi all,

Would be great if somebody would make a Kernel with overvolted CPU, to be able to overclock the cpu even further, in some cases a little bit more power would be great xD.

Thanks

Guest HDuser

Hi all,

Would be great if somebody would make a Kernel with overvolted CPU, to be able to overclock the cpu even further, in some cases a little bit more power would be great xD.

Thanks

Are you crazy? the CPU of ZTE Blade already has 65nm which is itself big source of heat and overvolting it will make its liquid. You better change your request to undervolting Kernel, that might be useful.

Guest Taptap1

Somebody would have to sacrifice himself and try :rolleyes: , but our blades msm7227 runs under a higher voltage in a stock odys space at 800 mhz, which could again be even further overclocked. And 800+ mhz sounds nice to me B)

Guest karololszak

I remember someone compiled a working one, overvolted his blade and burned the chip overnight... Worst way of bricking the device IMHO, you can't fix it in any cheap way, you've got to buy a new phone.

I am pretty sure the sources were released, but I can't find them now.

Gaining few MHz isn't worth the extra hassle in my opinion. It's still ARMv6 without NEON instructions and lots of other stuff so OCing it a bit further wouldn't help by much. The battery life and chip's life would get shorter as well.

I am thinking of moving to some better device, ZTE V970 seems like a nice option for me. If you want extra power, go for a new device, don't try to damage your current one, you'll be better of selling it to someone...

Edited by karololszak

Guest peetu20

I remember someone compiled a working one, overvolted his blade and burned the chip overnight... Worst way of bricking the device IMHO, you can't fix it in any cheap way, you've got to buy a new phone.

I am pretty sure the sources were released, but I can't find them now.

Gaining few MHz isn't worth the extra hassle in my opinion. It's still ARMv6 without NEON instructions and lots of other stuff so OCing it a bit further wouldn't help by much. The battery life and chip's life would get shorter as well.

I am thinking of moving to some better device, ZTE V970 seems like a nice option for me. If you want extra power, go for a new device, don't try to damage your current one, you'll be better of selling it to someone...

I think same too. Blades cpu is what is it, maybe oc with some kind of ice cooler :D

Ps. If u are buying new phone, take blade 3 or huawei ascend g300( Bith of them has good roms, KonstaT has been done roms for blade 3)