[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

They have sent incorrect codes before but it seems odd  that you got the same one the first and third times. And a different one (?) the second time? Are you sure that you are following the tutorial carefully and doing the unlock on stock B952?

It does not matter which ROM you are on when you unlock. You only need the original ICS bootloader, and not the hacked one The bootloader never changes whenever you flash a ROM (Unless its the upgrade or downgrade.zip! :P)

If you look inside a ROM ZIP, there is a file called:  

boot.img

I hate that file name! It is really misleading, as  

boot.img

is actually the kernel!  :blink:

It has nothing to do with the bootloader!

Edit: Fixed my bad info!

Edited by george109

I was referring to the fact (?) that you need to revert to stock (e.g. B952) update.app in order to get the original ICS locked bootloader before unlocking it. Isn't that true?

Guest george109

I was referring to the fact (?) that you need to revert to stock (e.g. B952) update.app in order to get the original ICS locked bootloader before unlocking it. Isn't that true?

Yes - Sorry.

I really need to learn to read! :blush:

Edited by george109

Guest vincialex

Nothing to do.....

I followed again the guide,step by step, but still the same message!

Any other ideas? I don't wanna think that Huawei sent me for 3 times always the wrong code!I sent them all the possible numbers I got!

Nothing to do.....

I followed again the guide,step by step, but still the same message!

Any other ideas? I don't wanna think that Huawei sent me for 3 times always the wrong code!I sent them all the possible numbers I got!

Sounds like the code is simply wrong and they did send the wrong one more than once?

Guest wbrambley

Has anyone tried this for g300?   https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-ascend-y300-unlock

tool is for simlock but it also reads the bootloader code(i think)

Cost me one credit(one euro) to "force unlock" the bootloader. I'm not sure what the code is but it's taken me what, about an hour all up.

that hour includes me backing up cm10.2, reloading stock, downloading this stuff, unlocking and puting a new recovery on it  :)

Guest wbrambley

This is for the Y300, not the G300. It will probably not work.

Sorry, linked the wrong tutorial. Did work for my g300. Using the latest version you can force bootloader unlock but you need one credit. I got one to try and it worked brilliantly. The only down side is I don't know the code, may be able to find it in logs on PC somewhere. Will check after work.

Guest george109

Sorry, linked the wrong tutorial. Did work for my g300. Using the latest version you can force bootloader unlock but you need one credit. I got one to try and it worked brilliantly. The only down side is I don't know the code, may be able to find it in logs on PC somewhere. Will check after work.

Thats fine - that could actually be a last resort option - Please, could you go into fastboot again and type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo [code=auto:0] and paste the result here in [ code] [ /code] tags :) - Without the spaces between the first [ 

Otherwise the forum would make a blank code field! post-1000829-0-85125900-1381688065.png

As it would be quite interesting to see where it gets the code from...

Edited by george109

Guest wbrambley

Thats fine - that could actually be a last resort option - Please, could you go into fastboot again and type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo [code=auto:0] and paste the result here in [ code] [ /code] tags :) - Without the spaces between the first [ Otherwise the forum would make a blank code field!  wacko1.png

As it would be quite interesting to see where it gets the code from...

First thing I did after reboot. :)

Will post PIC in about 10 hours if you like.

Guest wbrambley

This is the resault:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Wills>fastboot devices
ab13609f        fastboot

C:\Users\Wills>fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader)
(bootloader)     Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED

(bootloader)     System State: Bootloader in UNLOCKED state
(bootloader)     Bootloader Version: 001.001.000
(bootloader)
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s

C:\Users\Wills>

This is the software page, pick the newest release of course!

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads

You will also need the drivers from here:

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/test/usb_driver_U8810-U8815.zip

(MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALLING THE NEW DRIVER!?!)

The brief tutorial here only seems to cover network unlocking but if you look in the unlock tab it will show "Force Unlock"

That is what i used (after buying one credit)

If i can find the actual unlock code somewhere in a log i will let you know.

Guest vincialex

Everething solved with dc-unlocker and 1€....The program read an IMEI different from the one I have behind the battery and when I tap *#06# on the phone!(probably that was the reason why huawei send me the code that didn't work on my phone)

I'm installing everything again (cyanogen jb 10.2) and I will report any problem...

There is a procedure with dc-unlocker that didn't need to pay!Just if the program recognize your bootloader code in all the datas that it finds!In my case I had to force the unlock 'coz the code didn't appear on the datas list!

Just try this link https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial....it looks like perfect!

good luck to everybody!

;)

Guest george109

Everething solved with dc-unlocker and 1€....The program read an IMEI different from the one I have behind the battery and when I tap *#06# on the phone!(probably that was the reason why huawei send me the code that didn't work on my phone)

I'm installing everything again (cyanogen jb 10.2) and I will report any problem...

There is a procedure with dc-unlocker that didn't need to pay!Just if the program recognize your bootloader code in all the datas that it finds!In my case I had to force the unlock 'coz the code didn't appear on the datas list!

Just try this link https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial....it looks like perfect!

good luck to everybody!

;)

That is really strange! The only logical reason for the IMEIs being different is because you restored somebody elses IMEI number...

Anyway thanks for this, this is quite interesting

Guest wbrambley

At your service....this site helped me very much,and I'll do the same if I can!

Is it posable the phone PCB has been changed during a repair or refurbishment?

Wow! I wasn't aware of this:

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial

before it was posted here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363175-g300-unlock-bootloader-brick/#entry2165390

(Unless I missed it earlier or something?!?)

So no more need to wait for Huawei to give you your unlock code?

Edit: oops - I see that vincialex did mention the free unlock option but that it did not work in his case...

Edited by dalyer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iMaNiaC

Hi guys,

tried to do all the steps several times and the info after inserting the unlock code provided is "Unlocking fail wrong code".

Asked again to mobile (huawei email) and the info gave 

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
Having checked the code 1021703320024415 we provided is the correct one, please kindly check whether you process the correct procedure.
Here kindly list the unlocking procedure for your reference.
Unlocking Procedure
Preparation
Download the driver for your device from Huawei Device’s official website to a computer.
Download the ADB toolkit from Google’s website and install it on the computer. For example, install the toolkit to D:\adb_tools-2.0. Ensure that the folder contains the fastboot.exe file.
Unlocking procedure
Switch the device to fastboot mode.
Power off the device. (Note: Go to the settings menu and disable the fastboot function, or power off the device, remove the battery, and then wait for at least 2 seconds before reinstalling the battery.) For a mobile phone, press and hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously for at least 10 seconds (for a tablet, press and hold the volume up and power keys).
Connect the device to the computer.
Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable. From the computer, open the command window, enter the directory where the ADB toolkit is installed, and check that the device is connected to the computer properly. To do so, enter fastboot devices, and press Enter, if a message such as 9e42530e fastboot is displayed, the connection is set up properly.
http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/Image/deblock_process_clip_image002-120722014951.jpg
Run the unlocking command.
In the computer’s command window, enter fastboot oem unlock password, for example, fastboot oem unlock 1234567812345678.
http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/Image/deblock_process_clip_image004-120722015017.jpg
Complete the device bootloader unlocking.
Enter the unlocking password. Your device then restarts. (If the password entered is correct, the device will be restored to its factory settings, after which the device restarts and enters standby mode. The device’s bootloader is unlocked. If the password entered is incorrect, a message is displayed and the device enters standby mode.)
Check whether the unlocking succeeded.
Repeat steps 1 and 2. In the computer’s command window, enter fastboot  oem  get-bootinfo, the bootloader lock state of your device is displayed. Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED indicates that the bootloader is still locked. Re-perform the unlocking procedure and check that the password is correctly entered. Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED indicates that your device’s bootloader has been unlocked. You can then install a third-party firmware.
http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/Image/deblock_process_clip_image006-120722015037.jpg
To lock the bootloader after unlocking it: 1. Restore the device’s software to the Huawei official version using a microSD card. 2. Switch the device to fastboot mode, and enter fastboot oem relock password (password is a 16-digit number) in the computer’s command window. 3. The device then restarts, and the bootloader lock state turns to Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED.
Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.
Best Regards.
Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

I think the steps are the same but i did all over again with no luck! 

Replied again asking for their help.

Do u guys know what can be the cause?

You don't need the code from Huawei any more. 

You can unlock the bootloader for free using DC-unlocker.

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/free-huawei-bootloader-unlock-tutorial

If that doesn't work then maybe try the drivers from this tutorial:

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/U8815-detect-unlock-procedure

At least one person has reported that these drivers worked when the ones from the first link did not.

Edited by dalyer

Guest iMaNiaC

Tried with the dc unlocker and keeps saying 

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1064

Detecting modem :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei modems
model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM8
Found Diagnostics port COM7

modem not found !

i've installed the drivers from their tutorial also.

Any thoughts?