[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest ewardofr

I use the ICS Relock Bootloader.zip method, because my phone was always stopping at themiddle of the pnk bar.

I finally made it with this .zip methos you explain.

Thank you for your guide, mate!!

Guest george109
Do i still need the .zip files or can i delete them?
If you have flashed them, then you can delete them, as you do not need them any more.

Guest george109
I use the ICS Relock Bootloader.zip method, because my phone was always stopping at themiddle of the pnk bar.

I finally made it with this .zip methos you explain.

Thank you for your guide, mate!!

That's ok, happy to help :)

Guest snowbord

Gold! Thanks! I did have to send an email to Huawei with URGENT, PLEASE, high priority etc. plastered all over the mails, as they were not getting back to me. 2 phones' bootloaders are now officially unlocked, though. ;)

Guest george109
Gold! Thanks! I did have to send an email to Huawei with URGENT, PLEASE, high priority etc. plastered all over the mails, as they were not getting back to me. 2 phones' bootloaders are now officially unlocked, though. ;)
Great :)

Guest huvar

Hi

I successfully unlocked the bootloader thanks to this guide.

However after recovering the CM9, I have permanently forced stopped services messages such as NFC service and phone.

Can anyone help? What have I done wrong?

Guest george109

Hi

I successfully unlocked the bootloader thanks to this guide.

However after recovering the CM9, I have permanently forced stopped services messages such as NFC service and phone.

Can anyone help? What have I done wrong?

Can you go into settings > more (Under Bluetooth or Data Usage) and turn off NFC.

If you still get this, you could try backing up again, and reflashing CM9.

You could also try a factory reset, but download an app called GOBackup first and back up everything except wi-fi points, reset and then restore the apps, and you will have all of your apps and data back.

Guest popadicsm

how unlock bootloader from stock+ rom? i have official unlock code for my phone, but i dont know how to unlock again. i want to unlock officialy, downgrade to gb and then install cm7. i read post from 1st page but i dont understand anything, probably i am noob :)

Guest george109

how unlock bootloader from stock+ rom? i have official unlock code for my phone, but i dont know how to unlock again. i want to unlock officialy, downgrade to gb and then install cm7. i read post from 1st page but i dont understand anything, probably i am noob :)

Which part do you not understand? I need to know what you do not understand to help you! Edited by george109

Guest popadicsm

Which part do you not understand? I need to know what you do not understand to help you!

now i have instaled stock+ b960. i want to unlock bootloader officialy, downgrade to gb, install cm7.

1. how to unlock "unlocked" bootloader, do i need to relock using your method, or just i need to install, "update.app" b952 from recovery, then unlock bootloader with official code using you method, install custom recovery, then rom.

2. if i unlock bootloader officialy, then downgrade to gb, is bootloader still unlocked officialy? or i need to unlock it again?

Guest dalyer

The GB bootloader is not locked.

The ICS bootloader is locked unless you unlock it.

So if you downgrade to GB (this might be useful: http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/) your GB bootloader is not locked but it's a different bootloader to the ICS bootloader

But keep your ICS bootloader unlock code in case you ever revert to ICS/JB and need it.

Edited by dalyer

Guest popadicsm

The GB bootloader is not locked.

The ICS bootloader is locked unless you unlock it.

So if you downgrade to GB (this might be useful: http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/) your GB bootloader is not locked but it's a different bootloader to the ICS bootloader

But keep your ICS bootloader unlock code in case you ever revert to ICS/JB and need it.

thx, only thing i dont understand is: my bootloader is unlock unofficialy, but when install b952 update.app bootloader is locked again and then i need to unlock officialy, right?

Guest dalyer

That's correct. Installing an ICS update.app will install the original locked ICS bootloader so you would have to unlock it (again).

Why would you unlock the bootloader and then intall B952 which is going to undo the unlocking?

If you want to go to GB (e.g. AtomicMod) then use the link that I posted above to get the inherently unlocked GB bootloader (and other GB stuff) on before flashing your GB ROM.

Hope this helps.

Guest popadicsm

That's correct. Installing an ICS update.app will install the original locked ICS bootloader so you would have to unlock it (again).

Why would you unlock the bootloader and then intall B952 which is going to undo the unlocking?

If you want to go to GB (e.g. AtomicMod) then use the link that I posted above to get the inherently unlocked GB bootloader (and other GB stuff) on before flashing your GB ROM.

Hope this helps.

it help a lot, thx. cheers

Guest DjayZiro

Ok, so in the last few months i have been trying to understand what was causing antenna and random reboots on my wifes g300 and today only i was able to be 100% sure of what was done to cause this.

since i own an xperia arc S and mess with it all the time (u know that procedures are quite different on each device...) i had to research again and i saw on a post someone mentioning the ascendg300.com website and it rang a bell, ive been there before....

So i have a messed up unlocked bootloader.

And i need help because i cant stand having my wife complaining everyday over an unreliable phone. XD

My intention is to get it back to plain stock (gb) and leave it stock. No bootloader unlock, no anything. But i have seen so many mentions to different procedures that i am completely lost here....

Could anyone advise me of the best way to run gb and get rid of reboots and loss of signal?

I dont know what ril is, i dont know wether a imei backup is still present on her device.... Huawei is an alien language to me when it comes to delicate procedures...

Thanks in advance

Edited by DjayZiro

Guest dalyer

My intention is to get it back to plain stock (gb) and leave it stock. No bootloader unlock, no anything. But i have seen so many mentions to different procedures that i am completely lost here....

Could anyone advise me of the best way to run gb and get rid of reboots and loss of signal?

I reckon that the following is a good strategy for you so:

1. If at all possible do a backup of your current setup using CWM or TWRP custom recovery - so that whatever happens you can always get back to where you are now.

2. Do a factory reset in your current ROM

3. In CWM or TWRP flash the Downgrade to GB zip here: http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/.

4. Reboot into the CWM 5 that the above zip installs

5. Choose all wipes/formats to get the phone clean (apart from formatting the external sdcard as you will probably be storing the following zip on that)

6. Then flash the AtomicMod GB stock based ROM here: http://www.modaco.co...-baseband-gbics. I know it's not the original stock GB but should be better. However if you insist on original stock GB then you can probably find a repack zip to flash from CWM/TWRP or an original update.app to force install if necessary.

Of course I tried that last night but then couldn't make or receive calls! :D But I think that if I had rebooted again it probably would have worked. I restored my backup and could not make or receive calls but rebooted again and am back to where I was. But I will be trying the above again as I want to get onto AtomicMod on the GB baseband. So if all that hasn't put you off :D we'll be able to swap stories pretty soon...

Hope this helps. If any step is not clear then just ask.

Edited by dalyer

Guest DjayZiro

I reckon that the following is a good strategy for you

Hope this helps. If any step is not clear then just ask.

Thank you so very much for your explanation and guideance, i will definitely try it tonight and will give feedback on the results.

Have a nice day @dalyer!

Guest shweeney

I've submitted my details to Huawei twice now and haven't received an unlock code - anyone else have the same response?

running CM10.1 but the phone just not stable enough, getting tempted to go back to stock ICS (though I don't think thats particularly stable either).

Guest george109

I've submitted my details to Huawei twice now and haven't received an unlock code - anyone else have the same response?

running CM10.1 but the phone just not stable enough, getting tempted to go back to stock ICS (though I don't think thats particularly stable either).

Send them some more emails, they often need a little bit of a prod to send out unlock codes.

Guest dalyer

And stick the word "urgent" in the subject and body - it may help. Search the forum for "urgent" and you'll find examples. Worked for me anyway. :D

Guest dalyer

Thank you so very much for your explanation and guideance, i will definitely try it tonight and will give feedback on the results.

Have a nice day @dalyer!

Unfortunately I didn't find time this evening to try again but I while I'd like to use AtomicMod/GB I cannot find a suitable free swipe/gesture keyboard that is GB compatible and that would be a dealbreaker for me so I have have to try the latest Stock+ or Slim ICS instead...However let us know how you get on and/or if you need any help with any of the steps. :)

Edit: Doh! Maybe the answer has been staring me in the face - TouchPal?!? Seems to be free but a few times I've had trouble getting the swipe feature to work on some older Androids... :(

Edited by dalyer