[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Tried with the dc unlocker and keeps saying 

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1064

Detecting modem :

selection :

manufacturer - Huawei modems

model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM8

Found Diagnostics port COM7

modem not found !

i've installed the drivers from their tutorial also.

Any thoughts?

Try

manufacturer - Huawei PHONES

Guest iMaNiaC

Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Huawei Ascend G300

Selected Applications port COM7
Selected Diagnostics port COM9

Model               : Huawei Ascend G series
IMEI                : 863166xxxxxxxxx
Wi-Fi MAC           : 20:F3:A3:E4:2E:7F
BlueTooth MAC       : 20:F3:A3:E4:2E:7E
SIM Lock status     : unlocked

===================================================================

Detecting modem :

selection :

Found Applications port COM7
Found Diagnostics port COM9

modem not found !

:unsure:  :unsure:  grrrr lol trying now the googling part  :blink:  :blink:

Guest george109

Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Huawei Ascend G300

Selected Applications port COM7
Selected Diagnostics port COM9

Model               : Huawei Ascend G series
IMEI                : 863166xxxxxxxxx
Wi-Fi MAC           : 20:F3:A3:E4:2E:7F
BlueTooth MAC       : 20:F3:A3:E4:2E:7E
SIM Lock status     : unlocked

Detecting modem :

selection :

Found Applications port COM7
Found Diagnostics port COM9

modem not found !

:unsure:  :unsure:  grrrr lol trying now the googling part  :blink:  :blink:

If you can't see the unlock code, make sure that you have the drivers installed. Also, if you put the phone into fastboot mode, and type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo
what does it say?

Remember you have to restore the original bootloader before you run DC-Unlocker.

Edited by george109

Guest george109

done that and doesn't appear the info for the bootloader. Asked in their facebook page if they have any idea on why is this happening :\

:blink: You have to follow the guide on restoring the original bootloader on page 1. 

As you probably have the hacked bootloader.

Edited by george109

Guest george109

AVG is picking up sentscsi.exe as a Tr0jan virus when I download the ADB drivers from dc-unloocker..

If you are worried, go start > control panel > system > advanced system settings > system protection (tab) > create (at the bottom).

This creates a restore point that you can the restore after you have unlocked, which removes all traces of DC-Unlocker.

BTW, i have installed it and have not had any problems on my PC.

Check

sentscsi.exe
 by uploading it at: https://www.virustotal.com/

This will scan it with lots of virus programs and tell you if its safe.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't see the unlock code, make sure that you have the drivers installed. Also, if you put the phone into fastboot mode, and type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo
what does it say?

Remember you have to restore the original bootloader before you run DC-Unlocker.

There really does seem to be a problem for some of us.  I restored the original bootloader using your excellent tutorial.  I saw this:

T2tYkSL.jpg

But then in DC-Unlocker I saw no mention of the bootloader code:

dMJP5fy.jpg

Not sure what to do now, really  :unsure:

Guest azeiteiro

There really does seem to be a problem for some of us.  I restored the original bootloader using your excellent tutorial.  I saw this:

T2tYkSL.jpg

But then in DC-Unlocker I saw no mention of the bootloader code:

dMJP5fy.jpg

Not sure what to do now, really  :unsure:

Hi,

I had the same problem. After some failed attempts I search in the dc-unlocker website and found this specific tutorial only for the g300: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/U8815-detect-unlock-procedure

I removed the previously installed drivers and I installed the drivers from that tutorial. Then I just follow the instructions in the tutorial and the bootloader code finally apear!  :D

(ah and the code works fine with the fastboot oem unlock)

Guest viggen66

Just a question, I always had multiple reboots, because I had a hacked bootloader, and I'm restoring the original b952, is it possible to root the official or do we always need to unlock the bootloader? btw how much do you pay to unlock?

Just a question, I always had multiple reboots, because I had a hacked bootloader, and I'm restoring the original b952, is it possible to root the official or do we always need to unlock the bootloader? btw how much do you pay to unlock?

No offence but...

Are you actually reading any of the links that are being posted?!?! I posted at least one that answers this question in response to another post of yours!

And if you even glanced at the previous posts and the rest of this thread you will see that bootloader unlocking is free using DC Unlocker or using the code obtained from Huawei.

Please read the answers that people are giving you and the wealth of other information already posted on the forum!

I think you can root without unlocking the bootloader. There are several tutorials on rooting which should answer this.

Guest viggen66

I want to thank for your patience, I finally have made it, and now I have a bootloader as it should, hopefully with no more reboots or 3g sinal losses

Edited by viggen66

Guest viggen66

Did you unlock it using the DC Unlocker method mentioned above?

Yes I did, the problem I had was that I didn't change the option Huawei modem to Huawei phone hence not working, my fault, now everything is working thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem. After some failed attempts I search in the dc-unlocker website and found this specific tutorial only for the g300: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/U8815-detect-unlock-procedure

I removed the previously installed drivers and I installed the drivers from that tutorial. Then I just follow the instructions in the tutorial and the bootloader code finally apear!  :D

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've tried, but this time I get:

Er3c1pc.jpg

Edit: sorry - I posted my comments below before reviewing the thread and seeing your earlier post where you say that you DID restore the original bootloader and that fastboot oem get-bootinfo DOES show that the bootloader is locked (and thus the original). 

Are you sure that you're on stock ICS and the original bootloader - e.g. B952 update.app?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104

What does fastboot oem get-bootinfo report?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128103

If you're already on the hacked/unofficially unlocked bootloader then you need to revert to stock/original to do the official unlock.

Edited by dalyer

Edit: sorry - I posted my comments below before reviewing the thread and seeing your earlier post where you say that you DID restore the original bootloader and that fastboot oem get-bootinfo DOES show that the bootloader is locked (and thus the original). 

No need to apologise;  I appreciate all the help you offer to everyone on this forum.

Good though the G300 has been over the last 18 months (we have three in my family), I'm close to calling time on Huawei.  Tempted by the Moto G of course (even though I vowed I'd never buy another Motorola phone...)

In my experience the G300 is still an adequate phone when running GB - e.g. stock GB B895 based atomicmod, slim or superslim - or CM7.

So even if you upgrade maybe somebody you know can use it running one of those ROMs?

You can even downgrade to the GB bootloader (and old basedband) using this if it simplifies matters and avoids the hassle with unlocking the ICS bootloader:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

I installed the downgrade zip and am currently running superslim and it's pretty good. I might stick CM7 on and try it before I hand it over to my girlfriend.