[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest JovanNS

Does anyone know how long it takes for Huawei to answer? I've sent  them an email (to [email protected]) about 2 weeks ago asking for unlock code and they stil haven't answered and im getting really annoyed with my phone bugging. :)

Edited by JovanNS

Guest dalyer

You need to keep emailing them.

It can take many attempts to get it from them.
Read the rest of the thread for people's experience and some tips on how to word the email.

As an alternative DC-Unlocker may work for free or for a mere $1 (or €1?) and may be simpler?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/page-17#entry2168479 

Guest carpentrie

I've got 3 emails from huawei, all they contains the same code.

But my phone ignores it. Unlock failed, invalid code.

This form doesn't exist more.

I tried another link, but it says that my product id is invalid.

I double\triple checked all symbols in SN, IMEI, MAC, they are correct.

Btw, I have read in agreement next words:

[ Warnings and precautions ]

1. As determined by your service provider, custom devices may not support bootloader unlocking. If so, contact your service provider to unlock your device’s bootloader.

I have a device locked with my operator (Velcom).

Does it mean that I can't unlock bootloader with the code that I got from huawei?

Edited by carpentrie

Guest dalyer

Did you try DC Unlocker?

See my previous post.

The bootloader unlock code request service from Huawei is very unpredictable.

Some people got the correct code immediately.

Some after several attempts.

Some got the wrong code then the correct code.

Some repeatedly got the wrong code.

Some got nothing.

You either have to keep persisting or just use DC Unlocker for free or for a small fee.

Guest theratn

This worked just fine! 

DC-unlocker didn't work for me with any of the drivers provided.

However, Huawei replied to me with the unlock code within 2 hours. I sent my e-mail around 2-3 AM EET (+2 GMT) and got a reply around 4 AM. This has to do with their business hours in China, and I think reply chances increase greatly if you take that into account and send your request when it's daytime over there.

I did have a slight hard time following this step. It says to go to the folder where you extracted "it" but it should be easier if it said "go to the ADB folder you created earlier".

Unlocking The Bootloader

First, you will have to turn on the phone normally, and go into Settings. Now you will need to go all the way to the bottom and turn Fastboot Off!
Now, you need to make sure that the phone is unplugged from the PC. Now turn off the phone, and hold volume DOWN and Power. This will put the phone into fastboot mode. When you have held it down for 30 seconds, and the phone is on the Huawei ascend screen, plug it back in to the PC and go into the folder, where you extracted it. Now you are there, press Shift and right click. You should see a menu with a few strange options. You need to Click "Open command window here"

I extracted about 5 different things to get this far and I scratched my head a little when I came to this step before I figured out what I had to do. :D

But overall, this was easy to follow and to install. Thanks!

Edited by theratn

Guest carpentrie

dalyer, thanks. I tried dc-unlocker. It doesn't show me my bootloader code, but shows my true SN, MAC, IMEI:)

I forgot that a replaced phone body with another one that bricked after contact with water.

So I wrote new email and huawei responsed with correct bootloader unlock code.

All works fine:)

Guest JovanNS

dalyer, thanks. I tried dc-unlocker. It doesn't show me my bootloader code, but shows my true SN, MAC, IMEI:)

I forgot that a replaced phone body with another one that bricked after contact with water.

So I wrote new email and huawei responsed with correct bootloader unlock code.

All works fine:)

What did you say to them (Huawei) and did you wrote them on [email protected]? I've sent them like 5 or 6 emails and didn't get any response... It's been like 24 days or so since my first email to them. I'm bored and annoyed with them so much. The problem is that DC Unlocker doesnt work for me either :(

Guest dalyer

Does paid DC Unlocker not work?

Drivers can be an issue there.

The DC Unlocker forum might also be able to help.

The email I sent them is more or less what is advised in the tutorial.

I posted it elsewhere on one of the bootloader unlock code threads as well so you should be able to find it.

Some people had to send many emails before they got a code.

Guest JovanNS

I dont have PayPal account (im from Serbia and its a mess getting it here) so i coudnt buy credits for DC Unlocker, but the regular version shows no bootloader info. i have tried it with several drivers, multiple reboots computer and phone, on 3 different machines and no luck... Still no response from Huawei either, wrote them about 6 or 7 times now, also over my another email acoount and nothing :( 

Guest dalyer

OK. Sorry - didn't realise it was so much hassle to get PayPal in Serbia.

Is there any other way to pay? I presume not.

I guess you'll just have to keep trying with Huawei.

Or just stick to the GB/19808 baseband and bootloader.

Many (most?) ROMs are multi-baseband and I don't think that there is any killer reason to have 2030 instead of 19808.

When I used my G300 I just stuck with the old baseband/bootloader to avoid the hassle of unlocking officially and 3G reboots when unlocked unofficially.

Hope this helps.

Guest JovanNS

Don't know why, how or what, but sending them mail from my gmail account resulted in a hour later response... finally got my code and managed to unlock it according to tutorial :) Cheers mate and thanks for all your help! 

• 2 months later...
Guest Claudioo

Hi people, I find this topic and I felt blessed but there is a problem because I don't know what should I have to do first and then or what is not necessary to do. I did the tutorial on that site http://huaweig300.com/ and I began to have that problems here described..... And I want to solve the problem because it sucks geting restarts all the time and problems whit memory etc..... So do you guys know what I should have to do after restoring the original bootloader? What's the order of the topics that I should do? And yes I'm really the biggest noob on this ~.~

Guest dalyer

The tutorial explains exactly how to restore B952 and then unlock the bootloader officially.

No point in repeating what george109 has already explained in detail in the top posts!

My personal opinion?

Just install the GB baseband and bootloader (which is inherently unlocked)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

and then install a GB ROM such as GBXTREME:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Claudioo

The tutorial explains exactly how to restore B952 and then unlock the bootloader officially.

No point in repeating what george109 has already explained in detail in the top posts!

My personal opinion?

Just install the GB baseband and bootloader (which is inherently unlocked)

and then install a GB ROM such as GBXTREME:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/

Hope this helps.

But to do that I don't need first to oficially unlock  the bootloader?

Srry if this question don't make sense xD

Edited by Claudioo

• 4 months later...
Guest doveman

DC Unlocker doesn't work for me either.

I have to use the Huawei_usb_driver_2.0.6.601 otherwise it tells me to do so in DCU. I've tried with Win 8.1 x64 and Win 7 x86 and it works but doesn't show any bootloader code, only the SIM status, which is unlocked.

Force Unlock asks me if I'm sure as it hasn't detected any bootloader data and then fails with "unknown username" as I'm not logged in. It might work if I buy some credit but I might as well ask Huawei for my code before I try that.

EDIT: Can I just ask why in the template it says "Please could you send me the code directly, as I cannot access the product ID on my device."? It seems we just have to dial in a *#........ code to get the phone to spit out the Product ID, so is there a reason not to send this in the e-mail with the other details?

Edited by doveman

Guest doveman

Hmm, just got this reply from Huawei :(

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry that after checking, we can’t find any releasing record for this item.

So we can’t provide the relevant WIDEWINE KEY according.

By default , you can do fastboot downloading for some images directly without Unlocking bootloader..

We suggest you'd better not root your device which would avoid the warranty and maybe cause it freeze.

Well some people had to try several times before they would send the correct bootloader unlock key.

But also DC Unlocker will do the job for free in some cases and for a mere $1/€1 in others.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doveman

E-mailed Huawei again 3 days ago with the Product ID this time but no reply yet. I also tried this page  http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=pre but it just says

We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found. Pleae mail to [email protected], We'll respond to you as soon as possible, thanks.

E-mailed Huawei again 3 days ago with the Product ID this time but no reply yet. I also tried this page http://en.club.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?mod=unlock&action=pre but it just says

We regret to say that the information you are searching is not found. Pleae mail to [email protected], We'll respond to you as soon as possible, thanks.

Try DC Unlocker. It should work.

Guest doveman

Or just use a ROM that works on the GB/19808 baseband and stick with that - no need for bootloader unlocking!

I got my bootloader unlock code from Huawei but never bothered with it because I just stuck with the GB baseband.

I've been having trouble finding a ROM that supports encryption though, which I think is important. I tried GBXTreme http://www.modaco.com/topic/368846-romgb-b895-gbxtreme-rom-%E2%9C%B029032014%E2%9C%B0-multibaseband/page-26#entry2250256 and Slim ROM http://www.modaco.com/topic/360832-romics-b952slim-rom/page-23#entry2250671 so I'll probably need to use Stock+  which should hopefully work.

Guest doveman

Try DC Unlocker. It should work.

Yeah, I guess I'll do that. It tried it before but it wouldn't work, so I think I'll have to buy some credit for it to do it so thought I might as well see if Huawei would give me the code for free first :)