[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

Unfortunately I didn't find time this evening to try again but I while I'd like to use AtomicMod/GB I cannot find a suitable free swipe/gesture keyboard that is GB compatible and that would be a dealbreaker for me so I have have to try the latest Stock+ or Slim ICS instead...However let us know how you get on and/or if you need any help with any of the steps. :)

Edit: Doh! Maybe the answer has been staring me in the face - TouchPal?!? Seems to be free but a few times I've had trouble getting the swipe feature to work on some older Androids... :(

When I tried gingerbread I think touch pal worked. Does Google keyboard or whatever its called now work?

Guest dalyer

When I tried gingerbread I think touch pal worked. Does Google keyboard or whatever its called now work?

Thanks. I tried TouchPal on an old Vodafone Smart/Huawei U8160 yesterday but couldn't get the swiping to work. However I think I did manage to get this working before on the same phone so maybe I just overlooked some setting. Google Keyboard is for ICS or later according to the Play Store. I tried installing the APK on the U8160 but I couldn't get it to install. I'll give the AtomicMod migration outline above another go over the weekend and try to get TouchPal working. Thanks again for the comments.

Guest george109

Thanks. I tried TouchPal on an old Vodafone Smart/Huawei U8160 yesterday but couldn't get the swiping to work. However I think I did manage to get this working before on the same phone so maybe I just overlooked some setting. Google Keyboard is for ICS or later according to the Play Store. I tried installing the APK on the U8160 but I couldn't get it to install. I'll give the AtomicMod migration outline above another go over the weekend and try to get TouchPal working. Thanks again for the comments.

You're welcome :)

You could also try the touch pal wave app. Just Google it and sign up to it on their site.

Guest dalyer

You're welcome :)

You could also try the touch pal wave app. Just Google it and sign up to it on their site.

Yeah - saw that as well. If there are swipe keyboard options then AtomicMod might be back on for me.

Although now I'm wondering if I should just try the latest Stock+ or Slim! :o

Decisions, decisions... :)

Guest george109

Yeah - saw that as well. If there are swipe keyboard options then AtomicMod might be back on for me.

Although now I'm wondering if I should just try the latest Stock+ or Slim! :o

Decisions, decisions... :)

Try both! Just make a backup and flash one of them. Or you could even use GOBackup and back up all of your apps and data. Just don't backup wifi access points as that messes up the wifi. Then restore it on your new ROM.

Good luck :)

Guest dalyer

Well I've been on Stock+ (albeit R2 which is quite outdated) for a while now and I've found it a bit flakey and laggy.

AtomicMod/GB is attractive because of comments elsewhere about it being faster and better battery life than ICS or JB ROMs.

I guess I might just have to try them all... :)

Guest Richyread

Please add me to the list of successful users +1 :D

Couple of pointers I would add/stumbling points I came across

1. Expand in more detail on the "open command window here section" this needs to be run from inside the ADB folder you created (so it can access the files such as 'fastboot.exe) took me a couple of goes running it on the SD card folder before I figured it out!
  2. Upon applying the code and subsequent reboots - it reactivated 'fast boot' mode in the system settings. You have to go back in and turn this off before powering off the phone and then holding down the volume keys/power on etc. Otherwise you won't get it to stick at the Ascend screen.
  3. Think it's already been mentioned but for clarity - the forceupdate.app section: once you've downloaded the 2 files you'll need Winrar to open the .zip file. For me I did the following which worked (I could be wrong?) Right click the .zip>Extract here. This creates a dload folder, alongside the original .zip and .z01 files. Inside this new folder is one entry update.app. You need to copy/paste (or drag & drop) the dload.zo1 file into this new folder. Then copy the unpacked folder over to the phones SD card - don;t copy the .zip file as this won't work.

This list is merely where I hit snags - it shouldn't take away from the excellent work that the George109 and others have put in to create this. Yes it's long winded, yes it's a bit faffy..but it works!! :D

Thank you sir

Richy.

Guest hippy dave

You don't need the dload.z01 file once you've unzipped, you just need the dload folder with the update.app inside it. However, as you've seen, putting the extra file there won't hurt anything :)

Guest dalyer

Think it's already been mentioned but for clarity - the forceupdate.app section: once you've downloaded the 2 files you'll need Winrar to open the .zip file. For me I did the following which worked (I could be wrong?) Right click the .zip>Extract here. This creates a dload folder, alongside the original .zip and .z01 files. Inside this new folder is one entry update.app. You need to copy/paste (or drag & drop) the dload.zo1 file into this new folder. Then copy the unpacked folder over to the phones SD card - don;t copy the .zip file as this won't work.

Another alternative is to just download the stock B952 from Huawei in one go - the two part ZIP in the original post is simply a copy of this ROM. As I mentioned earlier I downloaded both and the MD5 checksums are identical so the files are identical.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Hope this helps.

Guest george109

Please add me to the list of successful users +1 :D

Couple of pointers I would add/stumbling points I came across

1. Expand in more detail on the "open command window here section" this needs to be run from inside the ADB folder you created (so it can access the files such as 'fastboot.exe) took me a couple of goes running it on the SD card folder before I figured it out!

2. Upon applying the code and subsequent reboots - it reactivated 'fast boot' mode in the system settings. You have to go back in and turn this off before powering off the phone and then holding down the volume keys/power on etc. Otherwise you won't get it to stick at the Ascend screen.

3. Think it's already been mentioned but for clarity - the forceupdate.app section: once you've downloaded the 2 files you'll need Winrar to open the .zip file. For me I did the following which worked (I could be wrong?) Right click the .zip>Extract here. This creates a dload folder, alongside the original .zip and .z01 files. Inside this new folder is one entry update.app. You need to copy/paste (or drag & drop) the dload.zo1 file into this new folder. Then copy the unpacked folder over to the phones SD card - don;t copy the .zip file as this won't work.

This list is merely where I hit snags - it shouldn't take away from the excellent work that the George109 and others have put in to create this. Yes it's long winded, yes it's a bit faffy..but it works!! :D

Thank you sir

Richy.

Thanks for the pointers, I'm cleaning up the post right now. :)

EDIT: Done, I actually noticed one mistake myself! :P

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Another alternative is to just download the stock B952 from Huawei in one go - the two part ZIP in the original post is simply a copy of this ROM. As I mentioned earlier I downloaded both and the MD5 checksums are identical so the files are identical.

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwMjk=

Hope this helps.

The reason I used mediafire is because Huawei's download servers are pretty rubbish, and you need to try quite a few times to start the download, and even after that they are really slow!

Guest dalyer

Yeah - sorry - not criticizing your approach but just pointing out the alternative download for those (like me :o) who have problems with the split zip approach.

Guest george109
Yeah - sorry - not criticizing your approach but just pointing out the alternative download for those (like me :o) who have problems with the split zip approach.
Its fine :)

I'll try to find a site that does not have size limits in the future...

Guest dalyer

i sent huawei request for bootloader unlocking code, but after 5 days they didnt sent me code. how long it need to get code?

Some people (including myself) had to try more than once - in some cases multiple times with both the online form and by email. This is the email that eventually did it for me - maybe try something similar:

Hope this helps.

Guest popadicsm

Some people (including myself) had to try more than once - in some cases multiple times with both the online form and by email. This is the email that eventually did it for me - maybe try something similar:

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2137982

Hope this helps.

i sent 3 requst. 2 time from web page and 1 time from e-mail. they cant ignore.

Guest dalyer

They might. I logged three requests through the website and sent three emails but got nothing until I sent the email in the link that I posted.

Send another email along the lines of that template and see if that helps. "Urgent" seems to be the magic word! :)

Guest popadicsm

They might. I logged three requests through the website and sent three emails but got nothing until I sent the email in the link that I posted.

Send another email along the lines of that template and see if that helps. "Urgent" seems to be the magic word! :)

i copy your message and sent, now i will see. w8 1 day and send again.

Guest george109

i get my unlock code from huawei. your method works, thx. now i send request for network code, i hope i got it :)

You're welcome, but Its quite unlikely that Huawei will send out the network unlock codes. :(

Guest popadicsm

You're welcome, but Its quite unlikely that Huawei will send out the network unlock codes. :(

i only get bootloader code, huawei answer for my request for network code:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about that we can't afford this unlock code to you.

Because there has many different customizations in different countries carrier operators customized .

Customized device.plz contact your initial service provider concerning unlock code

It is subjected to them.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email with previous correspondences for more efficient and convenient service. We will be happy to assist you further at that time.

If you would like to get immediately involved and help from Huawei’s new products and features, we encourage you to visit our website http://www.huaweidevice.com or our support column http://www.huaweidev...irectoryId=5003

Huawei always strives to maintain the strictest controls in regards to your personal information. Click the link below to view our Data Privacy Policy: http://www.huaweidev...=legalstatement

Once again, thank you for contacting Huawei Device

Best Regards

Huawei Device Customer Care Team"

Edited by popadicsm

Guest george109

i only get bootloader code, huawei answer for my request for network code:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about that we can't afford this unlock code to you.

Because there has many different customizations in different countries carrier operators customized .

Customized device.plz contact your initial service provider concerning unlock code

It is subjected to them.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email with previous correspondences for more efficient and convenient service. We will be happy to assist you further at that time.

If you would like to get immediately involved and help from Huawei’s new products and features, we encourage you to visit our website http://www.huaweidevice.com or our support column http://www.huaweidev...irectoryId=5003

Huawei always strives to maintain the strictest controls in regards to your personal information. Click the link below to view our Data Privacy Policy: http://www.huaweidev...=legalstatement

Once again, thank you for contacting Huawei Device

Best Regards

Huawei Device Customer Care Team"

I would get an unlock from the official MoDaCo supplier, they are not that expensive and they pay for themselves, (especially in my case, as I save about £20 a month on GiffGaff compared to Vodafone) DO NOT USE THE FREE UNLOCK! They will break your wi-fi and bluetooth, and you will not be able to unlock your bootloader as the MAC addresses are changed, and the IMEI is saved temporarily.

Guest dalyer

Yes - just pay the €5 or whatever it is to get an unlock code from the MoDaCo recommended unlocker Korter [GSM]. He's reliable and relatively cheap. I've bought codes for several Huawei handsets and never had problems. Ignore anybody who posts links to similar services selling codes for US$40 or similar rip off prices!