Possible ways to unlock 8260a-1

Guest zelea2

Guest razvankim

CM10 desn't work.. i got a bootloop and after i flashed second version that vache posted and didn't work and got a blue screen of dead look alike..smthin with memory dump

Guest razvankim

and about recovery i don;t know what to do. im on ORGROD version -1 cpu..so .. if you could make a flashable one for me that would be great..thx!

Guest Fadox

Yeah man, finally we are getting "real" development on our cloud mobile.

Thanks vache, zelea and the rest of cm10 team :)

I hope to see more development from now on, this phone deserves it because it's a great phone.

Guest davidevinavil

Yeah man, finally we are getting "real" development on our cloud mobile.

Thanks vache, zelea and the rest of cm10 team :)

I hope to see more development from now on, this phone deserves it because it's a great phone.

we need help for that damn camera

Guest razvankim

Maybe Maclaw will help you... go on xda or maclaw.pl and talk to him . Is an talented boy..

I think we need a new kernel to get CM10 working ..booting.

Guest zelea2

If you don't want to lose your unlock status in future releases from Acer (that is if they will close this loophole

and also force an unlocked phone back to locked ) never upgrade the xxx_1.bin as it is. Instead split it and only

keep [boot.img,cache.img,userdata.img] and make a new xxx_1.bin out of it (with the merged_acer_fw tool).

The xxx_2.bin you may leave as is. Then you can 'fastboot bin xxx_1.bin' followed by 'fastboot bin xxx_2.bin' and

so you'll have the latest system while keeping the current modem code, secondary bootloader, abootloader and

your unlock status.

Guest Deonix

Glad to see this got so fast moving. I hope Razvan can make a romanian tutorial to put on our local forum.

It seems to me the bootloader was easy to unlock, now comes the hard part.

Actually i am excited about having CM10 or other custom roms on our (hint, Paranoid). Many thanks to Zelea for his discovery and pursuing. Also to Razvan for his early testing.

So now we should be able to have RW at boot and CWM unthetered, right?

I fear kernel plays a part in phones not booting with Cm10 and also look forward to having an optimized Kernel for perf and battery life. Even 10% means a lot.

I can only offer my services as early tester if someone needs it on a _1CPU.

Edited by Deonix

Guest razvankim

Deonix actually we can't have a CWM flashable recovery. Zelea explained why. And how to unlock bootloader it's very simple.. I will make a tutorial in ROMANIAN and I will post here or on another site where are only romanians .. give me the link and I will make a tutorial.

And for mount RW you can flash Zelea's kernel. You can find it here . ( Flash it only when you unlocked your bootloader )

Edited by razvankim

Guest zelea2

Deonix actually we can't have a CWM flashable recovery. Zelea explained why.

Actually you CAN have the CWM recovery. You just need to go through the steps to make a file.bin out of it. Because of

the parameters file you need to make that file.bin for every version of firmware and CPU otherwise it won't load.

So better make it yourself because you know better what system you've flashed last.

A side note for people using the upgrade executables from Acer: When the program installs on your computer and right

before starting the flash the xxx_1.bin and xxx_2.bin files are on your harddrive; make a copy of them in another

directory because the program erases them at the end of the upgrade.

Guest Shreps

Actually you CAN have the CWM recovery. You just need to go through the steps to make a file.bin out of it. Because of

the parameters file you need to make that file.bin for every version of firmware and CPU otherwise it won't load.

So better make it yourself because you know better what system you've flashed last.

A side note for people using the upgrade executables from Acer: When the program installs on your computer and right

before starting the flash the xxx_1.bin and xxx_2.bin files are on your harddrive; make a copy of them in another

directory because the program erases them at the end of the upgrade.

Check my reply on the other thread: "Q: Upgrade to latest JB but keep CWM and root" ;)

I think it's easier than making it's own custom BIN file to flash via ADT

Guest ciNicu

Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for your work.

I have tryed "fastboot -i 0x0502 boot test-only.img" and I get this message: "cannot load 'test-only.img': No error". Can someone tell me why?

I have Windows 7x64. Thanks.

Guest razvankim

Images and all things from the folders needs to be in sdk android where you have fastboot.exe ... go and type cmd in run and copy it to sdk folder..hope it works

Guest Deonix

Deonix actually we can't have a CWM flashable recovery. Zelea explained why. And how to unlock bootloader it's very simple.. I will make a tutorial in ROMANIAN and I will post here or on another site where are only romanians .. give me the link and I will make a tutorial.

And for mount RW you can flash Zelea's kernel. You can find it here . ( Flash it only when you unlocked your bootloader )

This is the most active forum. http://forum.softped.../page__st__6318 where you can post a tutorial in romanian.

Also i think at this moment a Cirrus type ROM would be more welcome rather than a CM10 one. But Vache has not updated that in 3-4 months.

I mean we got some nice features like full RW permisions, Deodexed Rom, etc. As far as i remember that one is based on the leaked JB rather than on a final version.

So, how does this sound?

Edited by Deonix