Phone won't start up

Guest CoSmEeN

Guest bladebuddy

24 Months from Huawei not too sure if you need the receipt for a repair by them. Maybe worth a shot ringing them up :)

Cheers for that will try on Monday and report back .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CoSmEeN

Update: Today I got a phone call from Vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't turning on because there's something bad with the mainboard and they need to change it. The guy from Vodafone told me that Friday (21.04) I could come to get the phone back. So that's about 14 work days (in the warranty certificate they say that the repair would take 15 work days at most... looks like they counted the days).

Anyway, I was just wondering. If they need to replace the mainboard, is there any little chance that they would find out the phone was rooted, bootloader unlocked and another ROM installed? I don't really think that they can but i'm asking you because i think you know better than me.

I will also update this topic when I get the phone back.

Thank you guys!

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest Rico_89

Update: Today I got a phone call from Vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't turning on because there's something bad with the mainboard and they need to change it. The guy from Vodafone told me that Friday (21.04) I could come to get the phone back. So that's about 14 work days (in the warranty certificate they say that the repair would take 15 work days at most... looks like they counted the days).

Anyway, I was just wondering. If they need to replace the mainboard, is there any little chance that they would find out the phone was rooted, bootloader unlocked and another ROM installed? I don't really think that they can but i'm asking you because i think you know better than me.

I will also update this topic when I get the phone back.

Thank you guys!

Main board failure is an issue with the G300. I doubt the repair service will have the budget or motivation to do any kind of forensic search on your phone to find out its exact history.

Nothing you did caused this, and they know it was just a faulty part that Huawei are well aware of.

Guest CoSmEeN

Hello again. Just keeping you informed about my problem with g300.

Today i got a call from vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't repaired yet. So they gave me a brand new g300 because they were getting over the 15 work days limit for repairing it.

So now i got a new phone but i can't really use it because it is sim locked. Now i'm waiting for 'em to give me the unlocking code.

Guest Rico_89

Hello again. Just keeping you informed about my problem with g300.

Today i got a call from vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't repaired yet. So they gave me a brand new g300 because they were getting over the 15 work days limit for repairing it.

So now i got a new phone but i can't really use it because it is sim locked. Now i'm waiting for 'em to give me the unlocking code.

New phone after 9 months use.. I dont even get a free pizza if the delivery guy is a little late.

Hey you want to choose my next lotto numbers? lol :D

Guest everis

Hi, same thing happend to me now. In the morning, phone worked just fine, but when i tried to wake it up couple hours later, it doesn't respond. So i tried to plug it to charger and nothing. But then I plug it to my computer, Windows tried to find driver for device. So i am confused, it looks dead, but computer seems to get some response.

Anyway i will try warranty.

Guest everis

Yes, the driver search failed too. I will try warranty, but I installed Stock+ ROM and bunch of init.d scripts, hope I have same problem as you did and they will not know.

• 1 month later...
Guest burningcow

this just happened to me, the phone was working perfectly last night and now it's dead. i un rooted it recently but the boot loader wasn't changed, so i am afraid of getting caught by vodafone. let's hope it's a mainboard problem and they're going to solve it without checking the phone.

Guest GOlteanu

Same thing here today... plug it in to charge over night and in the morning nothing... I got it september last year and now.... I miss it already. will send it to vodafone and see what they tell me...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aciduzzo

Same thing happened to my Y300 this morning. Only a couple of weeks old! In my case, however, phone starts without the battery. So i'm hoping it's just a faulty battery.

Guest sharkyo01

Same thing happened to my Y300 this morning. Only a couple of weeks old! In my case, however, phone starts without the battery. So i'm hoping it's just a faulty battery.

Try putting in the battery after it has started up via the charger. Sometimes batteries get so exhaust it takes them 10/20 minutes to get a initial charge in to it.

Guest aciduzzo

CPW did a straight swap - no quibbles! A bit of a PITA tho as i now have to request unlock code, root and install apps all over again. oh well...

Guest sharkyo01

CPW did a straight swap - no quibbles! A bit of a PITA tho as i now have to request unlock code, root and install apps all over again. oh well...

That is good to here that CPW are that good! The Y300's from CPW are all unlocked so save your self some money ;)

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest everis

Hi, same thing happend to me now. In the morning, phone worked just fine, but when i tried to wake it up couple hours later, it doesn't respond. So i tried to plug it to charger and nothing. But then I plug it to my computer, Windows tried to find driver for device. So i am confused, it looks dead, but computer seems to get some response.

Anyway i will try warranty.

Update on my problem.

Shop where I bought it will return me money. So that is partly relief, because of root and stuff.

Anyway, for that money I will buy Ascend Y300, so it's little bit win situation.

• 3 months later...
Guest tomcat_

same problem here, phone died after almost exactly 12 months.

It won't start up, led is not working either charging or not, cannot boot to cwm.

It has started by freezing up and shortly after it just died...

i guess it all indicates hardware problem rather than software?

Sounds like the spontaneous bricking that several people have reported.

Do you know if you had Hynix or Samsung eMMC?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/

The suspicion is that Hynix based G300s are susceptible to bricking spontaneously.

But in most cases those whose phones have bricked like this don't know what eMMC they had...

Guest tomcat_

Sounds like the spontaneous bricking that several people have reported.

Do you know if you had Hynix or Samsung eMMC?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/

The suspicion is that Hynix based G300s are susceptible to bricking spontaneously.

But in most cases those whose phones have bricked like this don't know what eMMC they had...

sorry no idea what type of memory it had.

Mine was bought from Argos and the 1 year has passed already. Does anyone know if i have to take it to Argos, Vodafone or Huawei?

Guest edwardecl

Another G300 bites the dust...

My one brick during installing GAPPS to CM11, recovery rebooted, went back into clockwork recovery flashed again brick. Will not power on, no LED. Also the EMMC would not mount via USB before flashing so I don't think flashing killed it think it was dying anyway.

This was a Samsung EMMC, I made sure to verify it before doing the new 3.4 kernel ROMS, CM11 was going to be the first ROM update from 3.08 kernel. Oh well ordered a Y300 now for £50 (payasyougo upgrade) which is stupidly cheap, shame I only had an old O2 card the other networks would have upgraded for £40. Hope the Y300 does not do this.

Edited by edwardecl

• 8 months later...

Hello guys, I was have same problem with Huawei G300, but I was solve it. My phone dont want start up and dont want boot. After I try to take it to charger it was start beeping (long and silent beep from back speaker).

1.) It is not software problem if it dont show any logo after trying to start phone and absolutelly dont responds for button "Turn ON/OFF"

2.) Try to diassembly phone, but you dont must diassembly it totally. You must only take down 4 things: battery cover, battery, up&down covers and after that, you must get down main cover. When you will be see mainboard, charge board, camera etc. after that try connect it to computer. When I connect it to computer it is works, but with that main cover it dont want work. I think there is some problem with flex cable connections. Maybe that case push to mainboard and it dont want works. If it will be respond with computer (without main cover), try diassembly all phone (except display and digitizer) and put it again together. I solute with this problem when I have phone in water and after I diassembly it and take it together, it works. Maybe is in this type of phone some problems with contact in flex cable or something like that. I dont know, but it is work second time for me (and second G300).

If it will work for somebody, you can send me mail with response - [email protected]. Thank you and have a nice day! :)