Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest TangerineTractor

Well I blasted this this afternoon. All worked fine. Wouldn't say it's any faster than stock b190, just a few different interface bits. To be honest, the Chinese characters in the dialler and contacts is a big irritation to me.

Guest TangerineTractor

Where do a find it please..

Look for the striped icon. Think it was called themes... I've gone back to stock 190 so can't check.. There were three tabs, the customise one was to change settings.

Guest Geeks Squad

Look for the striped icon. Think it was called themes... I've gone back to stock 190 so can't check.. There were three tabs, the customise one was to change settings.

Thank you i found it now, Cheers

Guest TangerineTractor

Some issues with Recovery, nothing to do with the ROM. Basically if the screen goes off, while in Recovery, it does not come back on, even though all the keys/buttons respond. Pulling the battery is the only solution. The Recovery I installed is Lewa TWRP Recovery 2.2 as TWRP v2.5 & 2.4 would give a complete unresponsive screen while in Recovery mode.

I had lewa recovery, did the same thing....

Flash touchme rom, includes a twrp recovery that works!

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362663-romtouchmez-y300/

Then you're on a decent twrp recovery, the rest is much more straightforward ;-)

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Just flashed 1.5. Working well. Installed EXdialler, gets round all of the chinese in contacts and dialler, the only place showing it is in-call.

My only issue is that one app, Santander banking, says it`s not compatible, but it was with stock - so I assume there`s a line inthe build.prop I can change (temporarily) to install it?

Guest TangerineTractor

My only issue is that one app, Santander banking, says it`s not compatible, but it was with stock - so I assume there`s a line inthe build.prop I can change (temporarily) to install it?

Managed to get past store to let me install but it failed. Also reverted to stock, backed it up, then switched back and tried to restore... still failed. Never mind.

Guest maniv

I had lewa recovery, did the same thing....

Flash touchme rom, includes a twrp recovery that works!

http://www.modaco.co...mtouchmez-y300/

Then you're on a decent twrp recovery, the rest is much more straightforward ;-)

Thanks for that TangerineTractor I will definitely give that a try. EDIT: I installed it but it did not change the Recovery, any other suggestions?

I noticed that v1.5 has reappeared, and has a different date attached to it, I am hoping that it is an updated version to the previous v1.5. I will install this and see how I get on.

Edited by maniv

Guest maniv

Thanks for that TangerineTractor I will definitely give that a try. EDIT: I installed it but it did not change the Recovery, any other suggestions?

I noticed that v1.5 has reappeared, and has a different date attached to it, I am hoping that it is an updated version to the previous v1.5. I will install this and see how I get on.

I was able to get Recovery to work properly, basically I wanted to get the latest firmware B190, so I downloaded the one listed here http://www.modaco.com/topic/363197-firmware-update-y300-b190/

I then noticed that it had replaced my recovery to TWRP v2.5.0.1 and this seems to work flawlessly. I have now installed v1.5 of this ROM but uncertain if it would have changed the firmware, if someone could tell me how to check then I would be grateful.

Guest maniv

My update with v1.5, so far.

Still getting issues with restoring with Titanium Backup, certain apps like Scan, Shopper do not seem to restore.

On a good note Quickpic seems fine.

Guest TangerineTractor
My update with v1.5, so far.

Still getting issues with restoring with Titanium Backup, certain apps like Scan, Shopper do not seem to restore.

On a good note Quickpic seems fine.

Yeah, 1.5 looking good. My onluy issue is that Santander Personal Banking won;t install, everything else is fine. Battery is good. Don`t like the toggels, wish I could disable them and install Power Toggles instead...

Still got chinese on the in-call screen, using exdialler gets rid of it on contacts and dialler. Or rather works around it.

Guest radu_sergiu

in this 1.5 version i do not have anymore problems with phone contacts. i observed a very small lag compared with previous one. i will stay on lewa. from my point of view i like more miui rom, but it has problem with 3g data.

Guest maniv

I did not realise that gapps needed to be installed with this ROM. Now that I have, all the apps have installed properly with Titanium.

Does anyone know how to check the firmware on this ROM?

Edited by maniv

Guest maniv

I didn't need gapps.

Neither did I. Maybe check if you are able to install 'Shopper' by google, if it does not then install the gapps for 4.1.2 and see if you can then install it. Maybe it can resolve your Santander issue.

I noticed that Call Recording will not record the other side conversation properly, in v1.4 it seemed to have been fine. Does anyone have a solution, maybe a different kernel.

Guest maniv

Neither did I. Maybe check if you are able to install 'Shopper' by google, if it does not then install the gapps for 4.1.2 and see if you can then install it. Maybe it can resolve your Santander issue.

I noticed that Call Recording will not record the other side conversation properly, in v1.4 it seemed to have been fine. Does anyone have a solution, maybe a different kernel.

Just reverted back to v1.4 and I can verify that gapps is not required for v1.4, however v1.5 seems to need it.

Also, Call Recording, at both ends, works fine with v1.4 but only one side is recorded with v1.5.

Viber and Tango do not work on v1.4, not sure about v1.5. Everyday it seems I want to return to stock, actually I am going back to stock.

Edited by maniv

Guest TangerineTractor

Couple of things started to go wrong for me, home screen not refreshing mainly, couple of apps crashed.

Big niggle was the battery... I was on the phone for 10mins, and it was still saying 100%, so it's obviously inaccurate.

I thought this ROM was much faster than others, but I've dropped back to stock A190, and that's easily as fast if not faster than this, and has no issues for me.

Guest maniv

Couple of things started to go wrong for me, home screen not refreshing mainly, couple of apps crashed.

Big niggle was the battery... I was on the phone for 10mins, and it was still saying 100%, so it's obviously inaccurate.

I thought this ROM was much faster than others, but I've dropped back to stock A190, and that's easily as fast if not faster than this, and has no issues for me.

Cool, sorry to ask you this, but how did you get back to stock as I seem to be struggling.

Edited by maniv

Guest TangerineTractor

Cool, sorry to ask you this, but how did you get back to stock as I seem to be struggling.

I've got a twrp backup of a clean stock 190, just restore that.