Lewa OS 4.1.2 ROM

Guest leetron1

Guest TangerineTractor

Tried Symand and Stock194 over the weekend. Both are good, but not quite as fast and battery-friendly as this, which is IMHO the best ROM around at the moment. For reference, with all teh ROMS I removed all teh apps and bloat I don;t use, and installed Apex launcher and my preferred apps, so all my builds are as similar as I can make them. I just wish I could remove the horrible notification toggles.

Guest bogdanwp

Hm so can you tell me the apk`s that are safe to remove from LeWa ? Also which are the apk`s that are responsible for google play and google services , i don`t need them and they hog a lot of memory. Also what can i do on the official chinese rom so i can hang-up on calls ? Thank you

Guest TangerineTractor

Why on earth would I try the chinese rom which has call issues when someone has gone to the effort of fixing it and removing some of the chinese non-essential apps for european use?

As for removing apps - I use Rom Toolbox Pro, so I couldn`t tell you the names of the APKs. I remove anything I obviously don`t need. Stuff I`m not sure about I freeze, and uninstall later if there are no adverse effects. I don`t uninstall anything that has entries in any system settings, as I don`t want to make settings crash.

Guest painteramit

running the latest build since last 4 days. Works perfect. so far no issues.

great work.

the contacts get sync with facebook but images/photo are not displayed when getting incoming call or dialing a call.

but if manually set a image for contact then it displays fullscreen caller.

am I missing something?

I am running this ROM on Ascend Y300 - 0100.

Edited by painteramit

Is it possible to fix the wifi "icon"? Its too big...overlap the network signal...

Is it possible to hide the network name on status switches?

Edited by Sigray

Spanish one working fine for me. Freeze Lewa providers to remove Chinese in dialer and contacts.

So has someone resolved the chinese character issue? Which version is it, I was able to download android_v4.1.2_hwu8951_es.lewa.20130809.133449_estable

Also, is this your daily ROM now?

Guest TangerineTractor

So has someone resolved the chinese character issue? Which version is it, I was able to download android_v4.1.2_hwu8951_es.lewa.20130809.133449_estable

Also, is this your daily ROM now?

Chinese characters all gone.

Not my daily driver purely because I don't like the toggles or the rounded screen edges.Performance wise it's as good as anything out there.

Chinese characters all gone.

Not my daily driver purely because I don't like the toggles or the rounded screen edges.Performance wise it's as good as anything out there.

So which one are you using?

Guest TangerineTractor

So which one are you using?

Switching between various stock194 based roms - they're all very similar to be honest, all have similar performance because there is no custom kernel, so any tweaks are kinda minimal.

Switching between various stock194 based roms - they're all very similar to be honest, all have similar performance because there is no custom kernel, so any tweaks are kinda minimal.

I just installed the latest Lewa ROM, android_v4.1.2_hwu8951_es.lewa.20130809.133449_estable, well I presume it is the latest, and it had the chinese characters. So which one did you use?

Guest TangerineTractor

I just installed the latest Lewa ROM, android_v4.1.2_hwu8951_es.lewa.20130809.133449_estable, well I presume it is the latest, and it had the chinese characters. So which one did you use?

That's the one. You have to uninstall any chines apps, I installed a different launcher etc.. and you have to freeze lewa providers - it's all discussed in the thread - it's not an out-of-the-box clean rom.

That's the one. You have to uninstall any chines apps, I installed a different launcher etc.. and you have to freeze lewa providers - it's all discussed in the thread - it's not an out-of-the-box clean rom.

Oh I C. What about the 'Perm Manager' prompt, how do you get rid of that?

Guest bogdanwp

If you have the chinese version the one with the chinese characters i think it says there ``ask me again`` instead of ``remember choice`` so you would have to untick that when prompt appears .