[FIRMWARE UPDATE] Y300 B190

Guest leetron1

Guest Laximus

tillaz:

I found in my Y200 system/bild.prop a few strings, which are not in the Y300 build.prop file.

I am not a developer, but I think this means something about the hardware acceleration

also i have to tell all of you, Y200 is much smoother than Y300, i got it two weeks ago, and I was very surprised, that some launcher or app runs much smoother on Y200 than on Y300

if I write this four string to the Y300 biuld.prop file, related to the hardware acceleration, could happen something bad?

=)

and if I try to write it, where do I have to write? I mean between which strings?

post-1019783-0-43553700-1374700824_thumb

Edited by Laximus

Guest tillaz

tillaz:

I found in my Y200 system/bild.prop a few strings, which are not in the Y300 build.prop file.

I am not a developer, but I think this means something about the hardware acceleration

also i have to tell all of you, Y200 is much smoother than Y300, i got it two weeks ago, and I was very surprised, that some launcher or app runs much smoother on Y200 than on Y300

if I write this four string to the Y300 biuld.prop file, related to the hardware acceleration, could happen something bad?

=)

yeah, i'm already aware of those tweaks, thanks anyway :)

the Y300 can feel sluggish in certain places because hardware acceleration is disabled throughout the phone, even third party apps

this is why all apps that normally have the stock grey background are just plan black,

force enabling it from developer settings makes a big difference, and fixes the backgrounds.

only problem is it enables it throughout the whole phone, not just the apps that request it from the AndroidManifest.xml

this can cause problems with other apps that do not support it so not really an ideal solution.

Guest Laximus

I am using cleanbaseromNo5 on my y200 , wich is really great, so this build.prop from there

anyway, I would try it =)

do you know what have to write in to the y300 bulid.prop file, or somewhere else, to enable hardware acceleration the whole apps and phone?

i have a good TWRP back up from my working system, so if this doesnt work, i can restore my system

=)

Edited by Laximus

Guest tillaz

I am using cleanbaseromNo5 on my y200 , wich is really great, so this build.prop from there

anyway, I would try it =)

do you know what have to write in to the y300 bulid.prop file, or somewhere else, to enable hardware acceleration the whole apps and phone?

i have a good TWRP back up from my working system, so if this doesnt work, i can restore my system

=)

persist.sys.ui.hw=1

but you can do it easer via the developer settings

Guest Laximus

thank you i wrote it, but I dont see any different after the reboot =/

still sluggish the menu scrolling and more apps.

maybe I wrote it not in the right place? i dont know, well, i will delete this line..

your work is really nice, many useful things, congrat! =D I cant wait to try. =)

is your rom will support swap, init.d and other good stuff?

also I noticed in many roms, the cpu max is only 1008 and cannot overclock.

what is the reason?

and do you know anything about the sound issue of the phone speaker? I think there is kind of an audio compressor software are working in the background, and thats why not loud the speaker.

its 100%, because I am an amateur computer musician, and its recognizable, it can hear its workin, when a louder part come in the music, it push down the loudness.

and also I am positive that it can switch off, just have to find where.

=DDDDD

post-1019783-0-92057800-1374741327_thumb

Edited by Laximus

Guest Laximus

Tillaz:

I read your few posts above and I saw you are looking for the kernel

I asked Huawei to send me the kernel of the device, and they sen me this download link around a week ago:

http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=15491

I downloaded this, but for me its not usefull, but 100% for you it is usefull, hopefully! =)

look for this sign to download =)

the site is in chinese language

post-1019783-0-96749000-1374743231.png

Edited by Laximus

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, as part of your development are you able to add transparent status bar and Call recording?

yes, there are settings in the rom for transparent status bar / status bar color ;)

take a look at the screenshots on the other page, call recording is not working yet though.

Guest Frankish

I'm sure call recording isn't going to be much of a high priority there can't be that many people that need to use it. Out of curiosity why do people use it?

Guest maniv

yes, there are settings in the rom for transparent status bar / status bar color ;)

take a look at the screenshots on the other page, call recording is not working yet though.

Sounds good. If it helps, the LeWa OS 4.1.2 v1.4 worked perfectly for call recording, however changes they made in v1.5 meant that it would only record my side. I never got to try v1.6 as there were a fair amount of issues with the ROM and therefore decided to go back to Stock.

http://www.mediafire.../?00nn01girip80

Edited by maniv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks...just noticed this over at Android Hilfe...Y300-0100 build update to B190...definitely seems a bit snappier than shipped (B176) firmware.

213581d1371281925t-ascend_y300-y300-0100_android_4-1_emotion_ui_v100r001c00b182-screenshot_2013-06-15-09-37-43.png

File you download is a zipped TWRP backup file...unzip and manually place it in the TWRP backup folder on your SD card...enter recovery and flash it via the restore button.

I had to manually enter my APN for 3G to work...all fun & games though eh!!!

This is the forum link:

http://www.android-h...001c00b182.html

Link for download:

https://docs.google....pdHM/edit?pli=1

If google's doing a decent job of translating the german forum for me, this is a twrp zip that will make my firmware V100R001C00B182 ("B182"), and then, using the EmotionUI system update app, I should get an online update of the firmware to this B190 (unless I have an o2 device -- is that a german carrier? -- in which case, I would have to do some kind of imei hack to get it done) ... correct?

What's weird to me is that I already have a "B182" firmware -- V100R001C293B182 (which, as of this writing, when you google yields zero hits) -- that's what my phone came with out of the box -- and when I run the online update check, it says there's nothing available. My Y300-0100 was bought in Switzerland.

So I'm a bit of a n00b and I don't even use viber very often so I don't think it's really worth my trouble to go out of my way to get this weird "middle east" update, especially if the viber problem is the only tangible reason to go through with it. Anyone care to tell me different?

post-929334-0-40691600-1376566639_thumb.

post-929334-0-20418100-1376566649_thumb.

post-929334-0-85254900-1376566658_thumb.

Guest TangerineTractor

Nope. It's a full 190 backup - it may well have come from someone on 186 who applied the update and then backed up and did a factory reset, but it's restorable as a clean full 190 install. It's clean, there's no wierd stuff on it, and it's the fastest, most stable rom I've put on my phone. It's the one I'm using now.