Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

I have found my vowney to be very tough. I have dropped it once onto the co-op floor and on a hard wood floor at home without a scratch !!

But don't drop it on the street! The glass covering the camera is shattered, but I've replaced it with some transparant tape :). Also a lot of dents on the back cover. My own fault of course.

Guest nsmacd1

I have found my vowney to be very tough. I have dropped it once onto the co-op floor and on a hard wood floor at home without a scratch !!

Dropped mine face down on a tiled kitchen floor and smash! - Still usable, even with half the glass hanging off!

Guest blaster99999

ive had my vowney fall of its car magnet onto the floor in the car a few times and only thing ive noticed it front black bezel as a slight chip, im still over the moon with my v5 , ive noticed you can now buy it for £106 , which is wow a lot of phone for so little money. but like everything in life if only , like if only the compass worked , if only the gps was a little better, still love the phone and hope some more custom roms come out.

Guest BollyBalls

The silicon case from i9080/i9082 fits very good at verne v5 and on ebay it cost 0.99£!!!. The camera hole is a little down but its possible to take a picture, it doesn't affect the photo.

Guest Ironandroid

The silicon case from i9080/i9082 fits very good at verne v5 and on ebay it cost 0.99£!!!. The camera hole is a little down but its possible to take a picture, it doesn't affect the photo.

and the others button like volume rocker ? do they fit into the case?

Guest BollyBalls

The case that i bought doesn't have a hole in the vol and the power button, so i crop it.. The holes in other case i think are a little up related to verne v5 but you can fix it

Guest Ironandroid

I forgot to say that has a hole for the charger plug and the earphones at the same place as verne

thanks mate . could you post the link to the best one of the two ? thx again

Guest blaster99999

I emailed vowney about 3 months ago regarding when they would release a gel case , and was told they would not because it spoils the slim looks of the phone and replacement back shells were so cheap, I have just ordered one of these as its a uk seller so should have next week price £1.99 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400546486511&var=670124447509

Edited by blaster99999

Two new rom in needrom.com!

The CM10.1 is fake. Nothing CM function. Trebuchet launcher + CM wallpapers only.

Compass not work. Fals data.

GPS work, position ~38sec with AGPS & EPO (5-6/11 satellit), but altitude fals. False data 47m, true 112m.

Guest pelelademadera

Two new rom in needrom.com!

The CM10.1 is fake. Nothing CM function. Trebuchet launcher + CM wallpapers only.

Compass not work. Fals data.

GPS work, position ~38sec with AGPS & EPO (5-6/11 satellit), but altitude fals. False data 47m, true 112m.

obvious, the sources are not relased, so no cyanogenmod

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seraf723

anyone know how to remove the google search bar from the top?

i removed it with uninstall master, but i still cant use that area to anything else...

Guest pelelademadera

I use apex launcher and I dont remove google search. I can resize clock to do it smaller and use all desktop area.... There is very similar to default doing a little modifications

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I have a huge problem and I don't know how to fix it!

I can't get no 3G data connection in my V5. I put the micro-SIM and when I connect "Data Connection" it seems to be connected to the default APN but no Internet, no signal what so ever. Can anyone knows what is going on? Did I get an deffective V5?

I've also tryed my Vodafone micro-SIM on my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and it works fine so the problem is from my phone.

I'm running Tillaz custom ROM (R2) with the settings patch from the other post. I've also try to install the original ROM but with no success.

If anyone has any clue of what's going on please help me.

Guest aporunn003

If anyone knows how to solve this problem please help!

Seems like I'm the only one with no 3G connection at all! :/

Have you visited the website of your company? In the FAQ section usually appears the explanation...

Have you visited the website of your company? In the FAQ section usually appears the explanation...

Yes I have and all network definitions are right!

Still haven't find a solution.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

I'm in Portugal and I'm from Vodafone and my 3G Internet connection doesn't work.

I've tried the TMN Operator micro-SIM of a friend and it worked!

These are the frequences of the operators that i talked about:

TMN - GSM 900/1800 3G 2100mhz
Vodafone - GSM 900/1800 3G 2100mhz

Mine is the one with the lined below. They seem to have the same frequences so why mine doens't work and the other does?