Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest Sere83

anyone wanting to try and increase the quality of the ear piece audio could try this, i have added the 48000 sample rate which was missing

flash in recovery, No Wipe

audio-fix.zip

Cool nice one Tillaz, will try in a bit. This fix is for actual call quality right? Do you think it will work OK with this guide i just followed to increase the actual volume of the ear speaker?.....

http://www.patchwork...e-android/2028/

I accessed engineering mode through uncletools and tried it, not sure how much difference it has made, hard to tell...

I also found a new possible GPS fix that seems to be working although I need to test it out for longer as usually when I try fixes locks are possible but disappear after a while....

1. Charge your phone fully

2. Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools from Google Play

3. At Setiings/Locations: deselect or turn off GPS, GPS EPO, A-GPS

4. Tur off your phone than turn it on and turn on wifi

5. At Settings/Location services select GPS

6. At this also select GPS EPO and allow EPO

7. Now go to the EPO setting and start downloading (you need wifi for that) after check the download by the EPO file info. When they all finised with donloadnig go back to "location services"

8. At here select A-GPS (also need wifi for that) and in the pop-up A-GPS settins check that the used network is only home.

9. Go back to the apps and start the downloaded Mobileuncle MTK Tools

10. Go to the menu "MTKEngineerMode", search for YGPS and start it.

11. Now the satellits will appear as red points. Above push "information" and in the upcoming menu at the bottom push frist full than cold. Order very important.

12. Than at the top push "Satellits" than go to your window, balkony or to the street. After a while you will see the red points turn into green.

BTW Tillaz....any idea how i can fix my 3G? Seems to get stuck on 'E' or 'G' sometimes when I know 3G/H is available, or 3G/H is showing but apps dont load content

Edited by Sere83

anyone wanting to try and increase the quality of the ear piece audio could try this, i have added the 48000 sample rate which was missing

flash in recovery, No Wipe

audio-fix.zip

Does the phone have to be rooted before trying this?

Guest tillaz

Cool nice one Tillaz, will try in a bit. This fix is for actual call quality right? Do you think it will work OK with this guide i just followed to increase the actual volume of the ear speaker?.....

BTW Tillaz....any idea how i can fix my 3G? Seems to get stuck on 'E' or 'G' sometimes when I know 3G/H is available, or 3G/H is showing but apps dont load content

it should increase the quality of all theses

devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ANLG_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_FM_TX|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_DEFAULT
[/code]

have no idea about 3G the china phones i got my parents do the same thing on T-mobile / EE, could be because of the poor band support

Does the phone have to be rooted before trying this?

no, just cwm to flash it

Guest Sere83

it should increase the quality of all theses

have no idea about 3G the china phones i got my parents do the same thing on T-mobile / EE, could be because of the poor band support

Yeah I'm on EE/TMob too, that's interesting that they have the same issue, thought i might just be imagining it. Kind of annoying though as it means I cant use 3G/H normally. Thing is it works fine just seems to stop pulling down data randomly.

I don't see why it would make a difference as EE is 2100 which is supported.

I tried the volume fix, hard to tell but may have made a difference , sounds seems a bit fuller perhaps

It's odd aswell that my network is not displayed in the black bar at the top

Edited by Sere83

Guest ChrisPNE

tried and doesn't work on vowney , tried lots of the fixes and nothing works even after a reboot

That's odd, it works perfectly for me.

Have you got the Xposed framework installed?

Guest blaster99999

That's odd, it works perfectly for me.

Have you got the Xposed framework installed?

yes installed posed and gravity app got root but makes no difference Edited by blaster99999

Guest e45cream
tried and doesn't work on vowney , tried lots of the fixes and nothing works even after a reboot

Works for me. Does loads of other stuff too.

Guest tillaz

Yeah I'm on EE/TMob too, that's interesting that they have the same issue, thought i might just be imagining it. Kind of annoying though as it means I cant use 3G/H normally. Thing is it works fine just seems to stop pulling down data randomly.

I don't see why it would make a difference as EE is 2100 which is supported.

I tried the volume fix, hard to tell but may have made a difference , sounds seems a bit fuller perhaps

It's odd aswell that my network is not displayed in the black bar at the top

this actually only happens on the china phones i got when it switches to oranges crappy network, which it then switches to roaming

for me it can be resolved by forcing it back onto T-mobile

settings / more / mobile networks / network operators

wait for it to scan and bring up the list and select T-mobile

Guest tillaz

updated the stripped down ROM i posted the other day, added back the engineering mode stuff.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/610d8b17b5/ let me know about any problems ;)

Flash in recovery,

AOKP style battery mod (since i build AOKP from source i had the resources already)

http://www.solidfile...m/d/334ab0cd25/

post-913969-0-66795300-1372009576.png

Stock SystemUI to revert AOKP battery mod

http://www.solidfile...m/d/858bab26e7/

Guest kieranswhite

Hi i've ordered my V5 and i'm not sure what the tracking info means? can anybody help me out. it was shipped on thursday and this is the first result i've got from the tracking website.

Item No. RB082*****0CN Year: 2013 Status: Collection Location: 10061400 Destination Country : GB Date: 20130623 1242

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest bryfly

New

this is a repack of the latest update (15th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod, Google apps now included.

make a backup first, then flash in recovery,

Instructions

wipe data factory reset. format system, then flash the .zip

http://www.solidfile...m/d/0348b71ac1/

since its stock i decided not to include root,

if you want root just flash this whenever http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=88529

tillaz.....when you get time will you be trying to fix the above rom, where vowney have introduced a problem with the volume control in their latest rom, or are you concentrating on the stripped down rom you posted....?

Guest trashbat

Hi i've ordered my V5 and i'm not sure what the tracking info means? can anybody help me out. it was shipped on thursday and this is the first result i've got from the tracking website.

Item No. RB082*****0CN Year: 2013 Status: Collection Location: 10061400 Destination Country : GB Date: 20130623 1242

that is the inital scan when they collected it, the collection location being wherever they collected it from

Guest tillaz

tillaz.....when you get time will you be trying to fix the above rom, where vowney have introduced a problem with the volume control in their latest rom, or are you concentrating on the stripped down rom you posted....?

the stripped down rom is the same as above but de-bloated, i will try and fix the volume control problem as it should be quite easy

Guest tillaz

V5_4.2.zip date 20130427………....................................volume control ok…...no location on maps

can you upload the settings.apk from this one so i can look at the code

Guest shuete

updated the stripped down ROM i posted the other day, added back the engineering mode stuff.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/610d8b17b5/ let me know about any problems ;)

Flash in recovery,

AOKP style battery mod (since i build AOKP from source i had the resources already)

http://www.solidfile...m/d/334ab0cd25/

post-913969-0-66795300-1372009576.png

Stock SystemUI to revert AOKP battery mod

http://www.solidfile...m/d/858bab26e7/

hello :)

i will try this custom rom asap, tell me please, all i need to do is download the file add to sd then reboot the phone? or do i have to wipe all the data first?

will this improve the sound? i really don't care about GPS

and also, i know i have the cwm, how do i do a backup of it? because i just bought a new sd card today and i dunno how to keep all the data, i thought all i needed to do was copy and paste it to the new sd card

tnx

Guest tillaz

hello smile.png

i will try this custom rom asap, tell me please, all i need to do is download the file add to sd then reboot the phone? or do i have to wipe all the data first?

will this improve the sound? i really don't care about GPS

and also, i know i have the cwm, how do i do a backup of it? because i just bought a new sd card today and i dunno how to keep all the data, i thought all i needed to do was copy and paste it to the new sd card

tnx

to make a backup, from cwm select backup and restore then select backup

then after you have made your backup you can do this to install the rom

http://www.modaco.com/topic/363208-vowney-verne-v5/page__st__120#entry2135232

and the same for the battery mod, but without the wipe / format part.

Guest tillaz

Thanks tillaz battery mod works a treat

cool, i was just about to ask if the charging animation is working ok as its a bit different to normal battery mods.

it should keep change between the charging icon and the percentage charged ?

Guest aliaird

cool, i was just about to ask if the charging animation is working ok as its a bit different to normal battery mods.

it should keep change between, the charging icon and the percentage charged ?

It does. Looks really good, thanks Tillaz. The numbers are a little small possibly for my eyes but that's my problem! :huh:

Guest tillaz

It does. Looks really good, thanks Tillaz. The numbers are a little small possibly for my eyes but that's my problem! huh.png

could you post a screenshot ?

the res might need to be lower for the v5, this could be making it appear smaller than it should be.

if not you could always use a little higher DPI (makes things display bigger) 325dpi or 330dpi maybe ?

Guest shuete

could you post a screenshot ?

the res might need to be lower for the v5, this could be making it appear smaller than it should be.

if not you could always use a little higher DPI (makes things display bigger) 325dpi or 330dpi maybe ?

post-1015811-0-13647900-1372044176_thumb

Guest Northstandhero

Think I'm going to order a v5 soon, I'm going to Mexico for two weeks this coming weekend so will hang on till I get back home.I don't want the risk of it being delivered and left outside or stuck in the post somewhere whilst I'm away, hopefully Merrimobiles will still have stock at their current price when I get back.