Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest shuete

Hello can someone please let me know if you can use the front camera, because i thought we could just switch whenever but i only get the back camera

Guest shuete

Think I'm going to order a v5 soon, I'm going to Mexico for two weeks this coming weekend so will hang on till I get back home.I don't want the risk of it being delivered and left outside or stuck in the post somewhere whilst I'm away, hopefully Merrimobiles will still have stock at their current price when I get back.

If you buy now and choose china post won't it be ok? it takes about 15-40 days right?

Guest shuete

anyone wanting to try and increase the quality of the ear piece audio could try this, i have added the 48000 sample rate which was missing

flash in recovery, No Wipe

audio-fix.zip

Hi just to be sure, because i'm still learning, i need to do the same as did for the battery right?

Guest bryfly

Hello can someone please let me know if you can use the front camera, because i thought we could just switch whenever but i only get the back camera

yes can use my front and rear camera.....when in camera mode on the screen bottom right is a pic of a camera when I touch it, it changes between front and rear camera.....

Guest aliaird

Ditto, front and back work fine. Infact loving everything about the camera. But the GPS is driving me nuts. Might have to go try other ROMs... anyone had GPS luck with others?

Guest Rico_89

Tillaz , sound fix as made a big difference , a lot less crackle and more bass top man,

Tillaz, do you think the mic can be improved in the same way?

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, do you think the mic can be improved in the same way?

probably not as its already using all the sample rates it should be, although you could try removing all but 48000 to try forcing it to use the best option

i will post a zip to test soon, will remove all but 44100|48000

will also post a fix for the sounds settings on the latest update

primary {
sampling_rates 8000|16000|32000|44100|48000
channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO|AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_STEREO
formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_COMMUNICATION|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_AMBIENT|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BUILTIN_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_AUX_DIGITAL2|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_VOICE_CALL|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_BACK_MIC|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_FM|AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_DEFAULT
}
}
}[/code]

Guest nsmacd1

Has anyone had any joy with tracking the Merimobiles parcels - Bought the phone on the 12th June & it was posted on the 15th, but I can't seem to track it anywhere.

Can anyone advise which site(s) to use, as I've been reading a lot of stories about Chinese companies not actually sending out the parcels, and giving fake tracking numbers, so that it will be delayed beyond the 45 days which Paypal give to dispute/claim a refund on purchases?

Reference is RE639734471SE

Guest kieranswhite

Has anyone had any joy with tracking the Merimobiles parcels - Bought the phone on the 12th June & it was posted on the 15th, but I can't seem to track it anywhere.

Can anyone advise which site(s) to use, as I've been reading a lot of stories about Chinese companies not actually sending out the parcels, and giving fake tracking numbers, so that it will be delayed beyond the 45 days which Paypal give to dispute/claim a refund on purchases?

Ive been using http://www.17track.n...sult/post.shtml

this is what came up for yours :P

RE639734471SE View Official Data

Sweden Normal Tracking

Singapore(Modify) Web Error 6/22/2013 10:08 AM, Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

Transporting

PS: none of the other sites worked for me until i found this one

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest shuete

yes can use my front and rear camera.....when in camera mode on the screen bottom right is a pic of a camera when I touch it, it changes between front and rear camera.....

Yes i've tried mine now - it's not good lol,

thanks

Ditto, front and back work fine. Infact loving everything about the camera. But the GPS is driving me nuts. Might have to go try other ROMs... anyone had GPS luck with others?

the rear camera i think it's nice but the front :unsure:

are you using the native app?

Edited by shuete

Guest Sere83

Nightmare to be honest. I posted another fix I found yesterday which I tried and thought I had fixed it as I was getting consistent locks last night and even locks this morning. Then as usually happens...locking suddenly stops working altogether this afternoon.

Find it very odd, because the GPS chip is functional and working, it just seems to lose ability to find and lock the satellites after a while no matter what fix i try.

Edited by Sere83

Guest pawelde

Your package:

http://directlinktra...ef_mode=1&mob=0

Edited by pawelde

Guest bryfly

now I have ordered another V5 I want to pull the factory installed ROM before I start cwm and rooting etc, the problem for me is how?, anybody can assist me with the answer, hopefully an easy answer......cheers

Guest Rico_89

now I have ordered another V5 I want to pull the factory installed ROM before I start cwm and rooting etc, the problem for me is how?, anybody can assist me with the answer, hopefully an easy answer......cheers

Big, big problem with my Vowney V5 guys.. And I mean huge.. my brother took it ..lol, so, like bryfly I have ordered another one. This time in black. I won't be able to test much until mine is delivered, but I will have access to my original V5 from time to time.

OMG I miss that screen already.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Rico_89

Can anyway help with my order, Im not sure which site is best ?

RB082765820CN

Put you tracking number here: http://www.trackingk...-post-tracking/

Sun 6/23/2013 12:42 pm 北京国际邮件收寄中心 10061400 Collection

The Chinese writing translates to: Beijing International Mail Centre.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest kieranswhite

did anyone make a video of the v5?

if it helps i can if you want when i get mine but i think Rico_89 did an OTG video that lasts a few minutes

There are a few FCT ones but they dont seem to be very useful (all music and no personal opinions)

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest Sere83

did anyone make a video of the v5?

No, but I am planning to. I'm writing a proper in depth review as we speak as well!

By the way Tillaz, have you any idea why the GPS seems to work for a while and then simply stops locking? Every fix I have tried seems to work for a bit but then just randomly stops after about a 15/16 hrs. I thought I had nailed it with the fix I posted yesterday but the same problem persists.

Guest blaster99999

Nightmare to be honest. I posted another fix I found yesterday which I tried and thought I had fixed it as I was getting consistent locks last night and even locks this morning. Then as usually happens...locking suddenly stops working altogether this afternoon.

Find it very odd, because the GPS chip is functional and working, it just seems to lose ability to find and lock the satellites after a while no matter what fix i try.

which rom are you using , un moded Chinese or did you pay and get yours prerooted and play store installed.