Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest bryfly

Link to Mobile Assistant

tried to install and just get "problem passing the package"

tillaz comment not on the Vowney site is interesting, is this something that was added by the company you bought the phone from

Guest sandriderman

I clicked to run the update, the phone rebooted, the android robot with the spinning shape came up and then it loaded CWM and gave me errors:

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.3.0

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Verifying update package…

Installing update…

Assert failed: getprop(“ro.product.device”) ==”bird89_wet_c_jb2” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “bird89_wet_c_jb2”

E:Error in /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

If anyone is interested I asked Vowney if they were planning on making a silicone case for the phone. I think the answer is no.

About VOWNEY V5 Why not soft silicone protective sleeve:

1,5 inch machine shape already big enough, if you add a circle of protective cover, very suitable for single hand held and operations.

2, we re-designed to take into account the time, so one cover design, if you need to protect, in fact, only need to replace a rear only, so feel assured skills, but also to replace the different colors of the back cover.

3, silicone protective cover is very low, we'll V5 this machine is completely not considered to do such a protective sleeve.

------------------ Original ------------------

Date: Sat, Jul 6, 2013 05:36 PM

To: "无齿的狼"<[email protected]>;

Subject: Silicone case for Verne V5

Hello,

Will you make a soft silicone protector case for the Verne V5?

A lots of people would like one.

Thank you,

Guest flym

If anyone is interested I asked Vowney if they were planning on making a silicone case for the phone. I think the answer is no.

About VOWNEY V5 Why not soft silicone protective sleeve:

1,5 inch machine shape already big enough, if you add a circle of protective cover, very suitable for single hand held and operations.

2, we re-designed to take into account the time, so one cover design, if you need to protect, in fact, only need to replace a rear only, so feel assured skills, but also to replace the different colors of the back cover.

3, silicone protective cover is very low, we'll V5 this machine is completely not considered to do such a protective sleeve.

------------------ Original ------------------

Date: Sat, Jul 6, 2013 05:36 PM

To: "无齿的狼"<[email protected]>;

Subject: Silicone case for Verne V5

Hello,

Will you make a soft silicone protector case for the Verne V5?

A lots of people would like one.

Thank you,

So from their email, I was able to piece together that they feel that it isn't needed because all you really need to do is replace the back cover :(

Guest flym

I wish a proper TPU or silicone case will be available from a third party manufacturer. I'd like to report that I dropped my V5 and the shiny outer black trim(which is located around the screen and is not part of the back battery cover) has a small dent in it now! :angry:

Guest tillaz

I clicked to run the update, the phone rebooted, the android robot with the spinning shape came up and then it loaded CWM and gave me errors:

CMW-based Recovery v6.0.3.0

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Verifying update package…

Installing update…

Assert failed: getprop(“ro.product.device”) ==”bird89_wet_c_jb2” || getprop(“ro.build.product”) == “bird89_wet_c_jb2”

E:Error in /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any chance you could upload > /sdcard/walking/20130703103514754.zip

would be interesting to see what the update actually is as it looks like it failed because its not for your device

but I could be wrong, if its anything new I will make a repack that can be flashed in cwm.

Guest tillaz

Sent a pm with link to file. Cheers

just had a look and its not official firmware, its actually in the format of a flashable .zip

i think this is kind of a custom rom provided buy the people who sold the phone, that would also be why you have the mobile assistant app

also looking at the updater-script it appears they have no idea what the are doing... trying to mount the system in the wrong way.

obviously don't know the device is emmc / ext4

Guest Sere83

you don't need to update, but if your having network problems its probably worth it.

best way is to flash the full factory rom so it updates the rest of the lower level stuff which is not included in a flashable .zip

to do this you use mediateks flash tool which is also used to flash cwm.

Tillaz Are you 100% sure that the latest updated rom from vowney has a new baseband? Don't want to go through the hassle of reflashing to find out it is actually the same.

And the instructions are these ones you posted earlier...

flash the whole rom and update the baseband you need to use mediateks flash tool,

its the same as flashing cwm but you add the whole of the "bin" folder from the factory rom in to the root of the flash tool

then rather than pressing download you press "firmware update"

So am i right in thinking you load the whole of the bin folder from the extracted factory rom instead of the scatter emmc.txt file? Or do you just locate the whole of the factory bin folder using the 'download agent' button instead of MTK_ AllinOne_DA.bin then click firmware upgrade?

-------------------

Then after this is done I suppose the easiest/quickest way to get CMW back on is to use mobile uncle tools yes?

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

Tillaz Are you 100% sure that the latest updated rom from vowney has a new baseband?

no, I've never actually said they are different,

it was another member who reported his baseband version was different to the one in a screenshot posted by another member.

i will make a short guide on how to flash the factory rom soon. (its exactly the same as flashing cwm but you add the whole bin folder before starting)

Guest Sere83

no, I've never actually said they are different,

it was another member who reported his baseband version was different to the one in a screenshot posted by another member.

i will make a short guide on how to flash the factory rom soon. (its exactly the same as flashing cwm but you add the whole bin folder before starting)

Thanks a lot. Yeah my baseband is the 2013/05/15 build. I don't think anyone is running a newer one than this. Is there still no explanation as to why the latest factory image was changed and replaced with a larger file size?

Guest pelelademadera

I try the 613 version of the rom, with flashtool and full flash

my baseband version is:

MOLLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P5, 2013/08/15 14:54

allways the same

I do dis to actualize the baseband and then cwm root and flash this rom, but baseband is allways the same

some way to use another baseband of any mt6589 with support of 1900 3g band?

can somebody post the oficial roms links? I try it and send phone information in images, I have no problem to do this

is very simple, I cannot download from oficial v5zn page, I cannot find the links in chinese, I use needrom page

Edited by pelelademadera

Guest LesMcQueen

Ordered my V5 yesterday so don't have it yet, but was just noseying around on v5zn, and noticed that version 626 looks to have been released today.

Fingers crossed for fixes if it has :-D

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-16003-1-1.html

"Improved content:

1, camera calibration parameters identified

2, fine-tuning high earpiece volume, solve some of the problems people react earpiece sound small

3 integrated OTA a key system upgrade, next upgrade can be upgraded OTA line

4, optimizing other BUG"

Edited by LesMcQueen

Guest bryfly

My phone came with an app called "mobile assistant". This is now giving me a notification that a system upgrade is available:

Current ver: ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2 (this is the "build number in "about phone")

Upgrade ver: ALSP.JB2.MP.V1.3_to_ALSP.JB2.MP.V1.2

Is this going to update the "rom"? I have not flashed any roms since the phone arrived but I have installed CWM.

Download the update which is 256.99MB. Not clicked update yet

Ordered my V5 yesterday so don't have it yet, but was just noseying around on v5zn, and noticed that version 626 looks to have been released today.

Fingers crossed for fixes if it has :-D

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-16003-1-1.html

"Improved content:

1, camera calibration parameters identified

2, fine-tuning high earpiece volume, solve some of the problems people react earpiece sound small

3 integrated OTA a key system upgrade, next upgrade can be upgraded OTA line

4, optimizing other BUG"

Just received a new V5 from merimobiles today and I have the mobile assistant on it with the update, could this be linked to the post by Les above

downloaded rom not sure whether to say install after what tillaz said

have rooted the phone but not installed CWM yet, if I do install cwm would it effect any update this rom might try and do?

Edited by bryfly

Guest tillaz

i doubt its the same as what the other guy uploaded yesterday as that was dated 26th June.

I'm downloading the 9th July update now, will post a cwm flashable .zip soon

Guest kieranswhite

i doubt its the same as what the other guy uploaded yesterday as that was dated 26th June.

I'm downloading the 9th June update now, will post a cwm flashable .zip soon

It says july 9th im confused :/

Guest tillaz

uploaded the zip file I have via update..........seems genuine

http://www.solidfile...m/d/1ddae8fa46/

i will be as there is an official update on the vowney site from today (9th July)

Edit:

think i will give up trying to download the official update for today as there crappy host is giving 15kb/s to 50kb/s :mellow:

Guest laek.17

i will be as there is an official update on the vowney site from today (9th July)

Edit:

think i will give up trying to download the official update for today as there crappy host is giving 15kb/s to 50kb/s :mellow:

Tillaz try to use Internet download manager, is the best manager, i have downloaded it at maximum speed, if you can't download with IDM i can upload for you ;)

Edited by laek.17

Guest kieranswhite

Edit:

oh mines downloading normally at 500kbs ill try and reupload if i have time (whats the best site?)

Guest tillaz

Tillaz try to use Internet download manager, is the best manager, i have downloaded it at maximum speed, if you can't download with IDM i can upload for you wink.png

i normally use jdownloader, will try and download again might be my internet playing up again

also what is "brush" meaning in Chinese lol, i see this all over the Chinese forums

Guest kieranswhite

i normally use jdownloader, will try and download again might be my internet playing up again

also what is "brush" meaning in Chinese lol, i see this all over the Chinese forums

something like flash or root i think :P (ill reupload now)

EditL do i have to upload all of it so it can be repacked or could i repack it??

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest bryfly

uploaded the zip file I have via update..........seems genuine

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/1ddae8fa46/

took the plunge and it updated fine......

baseband the same

kernel updated

build number ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.3

Custom build version V1.14.20130626-6589-HD

Does anybody know If I install CWM now will it effect the ota update program and stop it working

Edited by bryfly

Guest Sere83

took the plunge and it updated fine......

baseband the same

kernel updated

build number ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.3

Custom build version V1.14.20130626-6589-HD

Does anybody know If I install CWM now will it effect the ota update program and stop it working

Please could you tell me the date of the baseband? I think im going to download the rom direct from the vowney site and flash using the tool once Tillaz has posted the guide. Also Tillaz I prsume this new rom will have the updated base band from the older one we were chatting about earlier yes?

Edited by Sere83