Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest e45cream
also, people who suspect that there is a problem with Google maps could be right,

it might be related to the "com.google.android.maps.jar" included in the framework

will look into this... they might of used an older version witch does not work to well with 4.2.1

Don't know if it could help you trace the problem, but the Google location stuff works in the flashable rom I am using from http://www.needrom.com/mobile/vowney-v5/

Guest Igor Freire

Someone could confirm the 3G frequencies supported, using the engineer mode or Mobileuncle. In Brazil, there 3 differents, 850, 900 and 2100mhz. In my city, must be 850, but in most sites, only list 2100mhz support.

Guest bryfly

here is the stock launcher deodexed, will package the ROM and upload it tomorrow

http://www.solidfile...m/d/bc2cbc5b6c/

to add it to the system use this file manager, link once its moved to system/app tick the box and select install

(this is a force install method within the app, its also great for installing multiple apk without any prompts)

post-913969-0-37831700-1371679172_thumb.

Cheers for that, have downloaded both items, as the app is a zip file and I do not have cwm yet can I just change .zip to .apk, if not, how do I install the app.?

in theory once I am back to virtual shipped state i guess factory reset should work?

Guest tillaz

Cheers for that, have downloaded both items, as the app is a zip file and I do not have cwm yet can I just change .zip to .apk, if not, how do I install the app.?

in theory once I am back to virtual shipped state i guess factory reset should work?

yes, rename it to .apk, not sure why it downloaded as a .zip :huh:

Guest tillaz

Here is a repack of the latest update (16th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod,

just noticed vowney have not included full Google apps. so you will need to flash them manually or wait for me to update the ROM later on today.

make a backup first, then flash in recovery,

Instructions

wipe data factory reset. format system, then flash the .zip

http://www.solidfile...m/d/45218dc767/

since its pure stock i decided not to include root,

if you want root just flash this whenever UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip

i will upload a slim version when i get home, with all the crap removed and as AOSP as possible ;)

just been looking on the official vowney v5 website and it looks like there has been quite a few official ROM updates...

the latest from the 15th June 2013, only 5 days ago...

here is the link, it also has instructions on how to update

http://bbs.v5zn.com/...-16011-1-1.html

apparently fixes call quality

Improved content:

1, individuals appeared to solve the call echo, broken sound issue

2, optimizing call quality

3, optimizing other BUG

Hello all :) I'm new. I'm waiting for my Vowney v5 to arrive in the mail. I went to the official v5 website because I want to update it to a newer version of the official rom when it arrives, but everything is Chinese :( . Used google translate and was able to register on the v5 forum and I am now able to see the download links for the rom. But even with google translate the Chinese instructions are hard to understand, and I'm only a beginner with android :D

Guest e45cream
Here is a repack of the latest update (16th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod, Google apps are included

Cheers Tillaz. I have flashed the ROM and root, and working well. Haven't had much time to test things, but the only issue I've seen is that the Google location feature isn't working.

Guest tillaz

Cheers Tillaz. I have flashed the ROM and root, and working well. Haven't had much time to test things, but the only issue I've seen is that the Google location feature isn't working.

yeah, after looking they have not included full Google apps "NetworkLocation.apk" is not included, so i guess that's why.

you will need to flash Gapps to fix it, i will update the ROM later on today to include full Google apps :)

Guest Rico_89

yeah, after looking they have not included full Google apps "NetworkLocation.apk" is not included, so i guess that's why.

you will need to flash Gapps to fix it, i will update the ROM later on today to include full Google apps :)

Awesome news

Here is a repack of the latest update (16th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod,

just noticed vowney have not included full Google apps. so you will need to flash them manually or wait for me to update the ROM later on today.

Instructions

http://www.solidfile...m/d/45218dc767/

since its pure stock i decided not to include root,

if you want root just flash this whenever UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip

i will upload a slim version when i get home, with all the crap removed and as AOSP as possible ;)

Great work!! I need some stuff on my phone so I can't flash until later today arrrg..

Note to others; get CWM installed. Remember nothing is risk free but Tillaz's install method is as risk free as it can get because you do everything on your PC, and then when you get it right, you then plug your phone in as instructed and bam CWM installs.

Guest tillaz

New

this is a repack of the latest update (15th June 2013) deodexed so its easer to mod, Google apps now included.

Instructions

http://www.solidfile...m/d/0348b71ac1/

since its stock i decided not to include root,

if you want root just flash this whenever http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=88529

Guest e45cream

Yeah, that fixed it. Thanks so much. Could you also remove the boot animation music?

Guest Rico_89

Yeah, that fixed it. Thanks so much. Could you also remove the boot animation music?

Have you tried to remove it yourself?

I know the boot animations are located in the media folder normally. Maybe have a look in there (system/media)

Yep.. the file is bootaudio.mp3. On my G300 I just removed the whole shut down animation and it worked perfect, so I would just remove the mp3.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

i will upload the striped down version later on, it has all the crap removed.

Guest kieranswhite

I know the boot animations are located in the media folder normally. Maybe have a look in there (system/media)

Edit; and out of interest is there much bloat ware/ Chinese crap that comes preinstalled on the phone ?

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest Sere83

So I tried the the GPS.conf Tillaz posted earlier and was getting lock in google maps yesterday, but the arrow was wobbling around a fiar bit. Anyway tried today and no lock at all! WTF?! I think RICO is correct, google maps is messed up.

Anyway, this rom sounds very promising, as the log also mentions fixing call quality! Been a while since I actually flashed a rom to any phone so a bit apprehensive, would love to fix Gmaps once and for all though.

Just wanted to ask Tillaz.....My phone came rooted and I think Bryfly mentioned there should already be an older English verison of CWM installed. When you post the new rom with Gapps what is the easiest way for me to flash? Also I presume that flashing it will break any future possible OTA updates yes?

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

Sound quality fix sounds good , I did report it being tinny so that one nigle sorted by looks of it, just need Bluetooth fixing and I be 100% happy with the phone, as above tillaz mine as a version of cmw installed am I best updating to your version , and is there any thing special I need to do or do I just follow your guide,

Guest Rico_89

Also I presume that flashing it will break any future possible OTA updates yes?

There have been several updates, the last update was on the 15th of this month so I guess Vowney are not distributing updates OTA. That's fine by me as long as I can flash an update, or updated rom, then I would prefer that. If something goes wrong over the air you're stuck, but with CWM there's less risk and it also allows you to go back if you don't like the updates.

Guest tillaz

Just wanted to ask Tillaz.....My phone came rooted and I think Bryfly mentioned there should already be an older English verison of CWM installed. When you post the new rom with Gapps what is the easiest way for me to flash? Also I presume that flashing it will break any future possible OTA updates yes?

no, OTA updates will still work as its still fully stock, although it appears that vowney are not actually using them at the moment.

to install the ROM from recovery you do this.

1. add the ROM to the SDcard

2. turn the phone off,

Press and hold Volume-Up but don't let go,

now press the power button until the phone boots up.

There will be a small sentence at the left corner => RECOVERY MODE

select this and you should boot into CWM.

3. select wipe data factory reset

4. mounts and storage / format system

5. from the main menu select install zip from SDcard

6. navigate to the ROM and select it

press yes, wait till it finishes and reboot. (first boot takes longer than normal)

Guest Sere83

no, OTA updates will still work as its still fully stock, although it appears that vowney are not actually using them at the moment.

to install the ROM from recovery you do this.

1. add the ROM to the SDcard

2. turn the phone off,

Press and hold Volume-Up but don't let go,

now press the power button until the phone boots up.

There will be a small sentence at the left corner => RECOVERY MODE

select this and you should boot into CWM.

3. select wipe data factory reset

4. mounts and storage / format system

5. from the main menu select install zip from SDcard

6. navigate to the ROM and select it

press yes, wait till it finishes and reboot. (first boot takes longer than normal)

Amazing! thanks for this guide, much appreciated.

If I already have root will I have to re-root again I have flashed using the zip posted earlier? And when flashing these zips do I need to rename them to Update.zip? Or just keep them the same as you have

posted?

Also what do you mean on step 4? You do factory reset on step 3, then after that format system on step 4?

Edited by Sere83

Guest tillaz

If I already have root will I have to root again after I have flashed this, using the zip posted earlier? And when flashing these zips do I need to rename them to Update.zip? Or just keep them the same as you have

posted?

no need to rename the .zip, and yes root will be removed but you can flash the .zip to re-add it wanted.

Also what do you mean on step 4? You do factory data reset on step 3, then after that format system on step 4?

this is how you do a full wipe, "wipe data factory rest" only wipes the data / cache partition (apps) "format system" wipes the system partition

this ensures you have a clean install and avoid any problems with the ROM (this is universal, same on any device)