Vowney / Verne V5

Guest bryfly

Guest Sere83

what did the error actually say on win 7, did it go to 100% in blue then fail?

No it was an error from windows itself saying that the drivers could not be found when i plugged in the V5, the tool stayed on 0%

You rekon try and install drivers on win 7 or win 8? Win 8 pc is quite new so old VCOM drivers

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

Just got 2 full days from my vowney with reasonable use , just come up with 15% battery left, so can't argue with the battery life, this I need to add your cwm recovery tillaz, but mine is already rooted, would be interested with the mobile uncle, I used that app on my 2 hero v6888 but there mt6577

Guest tillaz

No it was an error from windows itself saying that the drivers could not be found when i plugged in the V5, the tool stayed on 0%

You rekon try and install drivers on win 7 or win 8? Win 8 pc is quite new so old VCOM drivers

i would try on win 7, use the usb review tool to remove all traces of MTK and VCOM, reboot and try again.

if it still fails you will need to manual install the VCOM drivers then reboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1775656&d=1362307671

if you don't know how to install the .inf manually let me know its easy.

Guest tillaz

I need to add your cwm recovery tillaz, but mine is already rooted, would be interested with the mobile uncle, I used that app on my 2 hero v6888 but there mt6577

from what i have seen on the app reviews and posts on xda it looks like it does work with MTK6589, root is required though.

Guest moorish

pandawill is now stocking the vowney and also the proper cases and screen protectors and a lot cheaper than merimobiles , ive just ordered a case and pk of 2 screen protectors

http://www.pandawill...wney v5&x=0&y=0

Just had a online chat with Eric at Pandawill, he told me the V5 is out of stock, as are all the accessories.

Perhaps they have just run out of stock..shame as i wanted to get the case and screen protectors. It would be good to know if anyone has found them elsewhere.

Edited by moorish

Guest Sere83

i would try on win 7, use the usb review tool to remove all traces of MTK and VCOM, reboot and try again.

if it still fails you will need to manual install the VCOM drivers then reboot http://forum.xda-dev...56&d=1362307671

if you don't know how to install the .inf manually let me know its easy.

Ok i got the drivers installed! Tool verified, bar went up to 100% ALL OK!

Now i will try and flash CMW, do you start with phone plugged in or not?

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

Just had a online chat with Eric at Pandawill, he told me the V5 is out of stock, as are all the accessories.

Perhaps they have just run out of stock..shame as i wanted to get the case and screen protectors. It would be good to know if anyone has found them elsewhere.

Eric , does sound like a typical Chinese name lol, I ordered case and protectors about 5pm , all showed in stock then

Guest BollyBalls

Led notification yes as standard no extra apps needed, camera is outstanding , and UI and speed is very good no lag at all

Great!.

What is the best things about the Verne V5?

Edited by BollyBalls

Guest kieranswhite

Quick question. Were you able to track your order as soon as you received the tracking number or did it take a day or two before you could track it . Apparently my number is not valid (I received it today)

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest Sere83

same as before ;)

Whoop Whoop! I've Done it! Flashed the rom tooo! Thanks for all your help Tillaz

This rom seems better, GPS working much much better! The true test will be tomorrow though on the bus etc when I test. What I have noticed though is the blue arrow appears even when GPS has not locked an dgives you an approximate location so you can search for directions even with out proper lock.

I also noticed that now there is a 12mp option in camera! I can't say call quality sounds much different, still a bit low/tinny in my opinion.

Guest BollyBalls

Quick question. Were you able to track your order as soon as you received the tracking number or did it take a day or two before you could track it . Apparently my number is not valid (I received it today)

That i know we are able to track the order a few days after we receive the tracking number. Keep waiting some days.

Edited by BollyBalls

Guest nsmacd1

Ordered on the 12th and still can't track it anywhere!

I also ordered on the 12th. Spoke to Jacqueline from merimobiles who stated my order would be dispatched on the 19th. I received my tracking number on the 17th but it was untraceable until the 19th. As of the19th my order has left the Beijing sort facility according to the tracking number.

Edited by flym

Guest ChrisPNE

I also ordered on the 12th. Spoke to Jacqueline from merimobiles who stated my order would be dispatched on the 19th. I received my tracking number on the 17th but it was untraceable until the 19th. As of the19th my order has left the Beijing sort facility according to the tracking number.

I would recommend chasing your order as flym did. I did the same with mine and it was dispatched soon afterwards.

Guest ChrisPNE
Does everyone with a V5 suffer from a rattling flash? Is it a common problem?

My flash rattles but it doesn't seem much of an issue to me.

It was annoying with haptic feedback turned on, but I don't like that anyway so turn it off.

Guest aliaird

OK , so after getting myself frustrated with trying to get the flash tool to work I thought I might as well give Mobileuncle a go - I've never been the brightest tool in the box and just hoped blindly I didn't brick my new V5.

My phone was bought rooted so I was only trying to get CWM on. I took the recovery.img from the Flash Tools file from Tillaz and put it in the main directory on my SD card and fired up Mobileuncle>Recovery Update, selected the recovery I had loaded on, went for it... and it worked! :D :D

I now have CWM, have made a backup and can now start playing with ROMs. Happy days!

As a note of caution... I'm no dev, or anything like that, just someone who thought I'd give it a go and hope for the best, so I take NO responsibility if it doesn't work for you! But it did for me when the SP Flash Tools method wasn't working for whatever reason.

Guest blaster99999

OK , so after getting myself frustrated with trying to get the flash tool to work I thought I might as well give Mobileuncle a go - I've never been the brightest tool in the box and just hoped blindly I didn't brick my new V5.

My phone was bought rooted so I was only trying to get CWM on. I took the recovery.img from the Flash Tools file from Tillaz and put it in the main directory on my SD card and fired up Mobileuncle>Recovery Update, selected the recovery I had loaded on, went for it... and it worked! :D :D

I now have CWM, have made a backup and can now start playing with ROMs. Happy days!

As a note of caution... I'm no dev, or anything like that, just someone who thought I'd give it a go and hope for the best, so I take NO responsibility if it doesn't work for you! But it did for me when the SP Flash Tools method wasn't working for whatever reason.

can you do a step by step guide to help others

Guest Rico_89

Ordered on the 12th and still can't track it anywhere!

Did you use free China post? Mine was saying it was still in China even though I had it for a few days ... Now its started saying that it's in Scotland lol

http://www.trackingk...-post-tracking/

Does everyone with a V5 suffer from a rattling flash? Is it a common problem?

I have to shake mine like maracas to hear it, in normal use I don't notice it. Anyway sometime today I'm going to see if I can stop the rattle.

Looks like I missed yesterdays evening secession :) I'll check out the new rom today and see how it goes.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest aliaird

I'll give it a go...

Your phone needs to be rooted for Mobileuncle Tools to work btw so this is only for rooted phones.

Download Tillaz' "SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119" from here; http://www.solidfile...m/d/e7410e92e5/

Unpack somewhere (doesn't matter where for the purposes of this exercise)

Go to wherever you have unpacked the Zip and find the "recovery.img" file. Mine was 5,872kb if that helps?

Copy that file to the root directory of your phone's SD card however you wish. I just plugged my phone into my PC and copied it that way.

Download and install Mobileuncle Tools from Google Play onto your phone; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileuncle.toolbox&hl=en

Open Mobileuncle Tools on your phone. Give it root permissions if its your first time!

Click on "Recovery Update". You should see the file you copied across earlier in there, under the "Recovery File in SDCard section. Select it.

Select Yes to "Are you sure flash recovery" and again Yes to "Into Recovery Mode"

and that should be it - it should do it's thing and it should install CWM Recovery and boot into Recovery for you to do your first Nandroid backup!

It's very straightforward, hope that is enough detail?

Guest Rico_89

Nicely done aliaird, :) very clear.. Is there a way to back up the stock recovery using Mobileuncle before you install CWM?

It would be great if we could move stuff like this to the top of the thread.

Guest kieranswhite

Does anyone know of a way of rooting because that would save a whole lot of time if I can use mobile uncle when I get my phone ?

Guest Rico_89

Does anyone know of a way of rooting because that would save a whole lot of time if I can use mobile uncle when I get my phone ?

Once you have CWM installed then all you have to do is flash a zip to root. Link is in my Sig. Go to post 4.

Edited by Rico_89