[ICS][4.0.3] MIUI V4 2.7.6 [R2 | updated Jul-2013]

Guest Paulzie

Guest Paulzie

Try this one. I didn't check it but it should work..

That's done the trick, thank you. I've updated the link on the initial post to point to this new version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paulzie

Does this rom has the bugs of stock rom?

- Lose the ringtones after phone conect to USB storage?

- Lag id call?

Not that I'm aware of. Anybody else?

Request for framework mods

I've sent a PM below to tillaz asking for help to mod the framework to improve this ROM further. Haven't heard back as yet so maybe others using this ROM can seek assistance here as well?

Wondering if there is any chance I could recruit you to do some framework mods for this ROM that I've been working on:

It's a bit out of my depth to do these. The desirable framework mods being:

* add recovery shutdown menuitem :

* disabling scrollcache:

* fix the callerID lag bug:

* alter the framework so the 2G/3G toggle goes to Settings->Mobile networks->Network type selection as it does in later MIUI releases. This one has toggle going to Settings->Mobile networks

* a nicety: add a Settings->Device->Performance Control section that runs the PerformanceControl standalone binary for OC control.

Happy to provide any components you may need from this ROM if you don't wish to download the whole thing. Also happy to test any suggested changes.

Thanks,

Paulzie

Guest mr_mufy

Not that I'm aware of. Anybody else?

Request for framework mods

I've sent a PM below to tillaz asking for help to mod the framework to improve this ROM further. Haven't heard back as yet so maybe others using this ROM can seek assistance here as well?

Weel, i will try and see that.

If this rom doesn't have that bugs it's great, because the ICS based stock roms are the best in performance.

If some devoloper pick on the BAIDU rom was a most for us G300 users.

The baidu rom it's based on 4.0.4 and doesn't has the bugs, and it's fast, but can be better.

Guest ezdub

I know this may seem a bit silly but where is the apps button?

As i don't have all my apps listed on screens I sometimes access not often used apps via the apps button on system applications.

Thanks

Guest y4ss1n

As i don't have all my apps listed on screens I sometimes access not often used apps via the apps button on system applications.

Thanks

miui doesnt have an app dawer (afaik), but u can download one in the playstore, just type 'app drawer' in search.

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest smweb

Thanks

MIUI's app drawer is on the home screen; try third party launchers from PlayStore.

Guest Paulzie

Weel, i will try and see that.

If this rom doesn't have that bugs it's great, because the ICS based stock roms are the best in performance.

If some devoloper pick on the BAIDU rom was a most for us G300 users.

The baidu rom it's based on 4.0.4 and doesn't has the bugs, and it's fast, but can be better.

While I liked Baidu, it wasn't able to run Huawei apps (FM radio, camera, EMUI, music player) and didn't leave that much free RAM. That's why I wanted a stock-ICS based ROM which is what you get with this MIUI 2.7.6. Plus get all the MIUI themed goodness+apps, ICS performance, plenty of RAM available for user apps and app/mem control.

I run this ROM exclusively after having tested plenty in my sig. My next phone will be an official MIUI V5 (or 6 by then) supported one. eg: http://www.gizchina.com/2013/07/24/miui-v5-available-for-the-oppo-find-5/

Thanks

No apps drawer. Apply workaround at http://androidspin.com/2011/09/23/howto-solve-your-app-drawer-woes-on-miui/ if need something very similar.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi.

I now that, but i run away from the stock based roms because of the anoyning bugs.

The most orible it's the lose of ring tones after we plug the USB storage.

even i put my ring tones on the system/media.

Does this rom do that too?

Is there any change for B952 (or even Slim..) based MIUI? I love MIUI, I love Slim so it would be perfect. No(?)bugs, good RAM usage and also looking good.

Keep working on this anyway. +1

Guest mr_mufy

Hi.

I have install this rom and i'm having several wornings with no service.

I install te rom and on the first reboot, don't have ne service, if i reboot alreadt have network service.

But after a wile e reboot and again no service, even do a reboot no work.

- I reinstall the rom and again no service.

Why?

If i want test this rom i have to reinstall all again.

It's the 3 time on this...

Guest Paulzie

Is there any change for B952 (or even Slim..) based MIUI? I love MIUI, I love Slim so it would be perfect. No(?)bugs, good RAM usage and also looking good.

Keep working on this anyway. +1

Unlike other optimized stock-based ROMs like slim, stock+, MIUI integrates with the underlying platform framework. That's a decompiling/compiling process. Means would require a real dev like GenoKolar to get a B952 base. I've attempted contact to request that but have no reply since. B926 though seems pretty good.

Hi.

I have install this rom and i'm having several wornings with no service.

I install te rom and on the first reboot, don't have ne service, if i reboot alreadt have network service.

But after a wile e reboot and again no service, even do a reboot no work.

- I reinstall the rom and again no service.

Why?

If i want test this rom i have to reinstall all again.

It's the 3 time on this...

The 'no service' is something I've seen on first boot. Pulling the battery, waiting 5 seconds and restarting will definitely fix it. Unless this is one of those 'funny sim' situations that has affected roms like Baidu. Please try this remedy and advise. Also suggest using the ROM's standard RIL-B926. So don't flash RIL-B952 or RIL-B960 from the repository.

Guest mr_mufy

Unlike other optimized stock-based ROMs like slim, stock+, MIUI integrates with the underlying platform framework. That's a decompiling/compiling process. Means would require a real dev like GenoKolar to get a B952 base. I've attempted contact to request that but have no reply since. B926 though seems pretty good.

The 'no service' is something I've seen on first boot. Pulling the battery, waiting 5 seconds and restarting will definitely fix it. Unless this is one of those 'funny sim' situations that has affected roms like Baidu. Please try this remedy and advise. Also suggest using the ROM's standard RIL-B926. So don't flash RIL-B952 or RIL-B960 from the repository.

Well my sim card isn't any funny card, i thing! an u explain what it's the funny card?

The BAIDU roms, i have several with the no service problem, but they never have service, it's the oppside of this one, i have service, then i reboot and no service...

So the problem has to be another one ...

Bu on this rom i already experience the in call lag, and the lose sound after connect my phone to USB storage...

So the bugs keeps on this one too.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Paulzie

Smooth scrolling framework mod now available

G300-MIUI276-smooth-scroll-Rydlis.zip framework mod that disables Scrollingcache has been contributed by Rydlis. Simply flash this ZIP in recovery and reboot to see faster scrolling. File has been been added to the MIUI 2.7.6 repository. Rydlis has indicated that he may contribute other desirable framework mods in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Smooth scrolling framework mod now available

G300-MIUI276-smooth-scroll-Rydlis.zip framework mod that disables Scrollingcache has been contributed by Rydlis. Simply flash this ZIP in recovery and reboot to see faster scrolling. File has been been added to the MIUI 2.7.6 repository. Rydlis has indicated that he may contribute other desirable framework mods in the future.

So, I can flash this over your Miui rom r2?

Guest Starman28

I would love to try this rom but I'm on slimbean and unsure how to go about it.

Do I need to get back to ICS 4.0.3 B926

and if so how?Could someone be so kind and give me a walk through.

Guest markanzyxel

I have problem flashing this rom, wiped everything choosed zip and it installed sucessfully with twrp but its just stuck at huawei boot screen, after that i tryed to flash narkoman88s cm9 miui v4 and it works good booted up and so... my previous rom was cm 10.2, I cant figre out what can be the problem? i used this link in first post in download section:http://www.solidfiles.com/d/942797a1ad/

EDIT: I had gb baseband on it , now works

Edited by markanzyxel