[ROM] Vowney v5 Custom ROM - updated 04/07/2013

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Here is the striped down ROM i put together with a few simple mods / tweaks (nothing special as i don't have the device)

(Screenshots thanks shuete)

post-913969-0-75659400-1373047396_thumb. post-913969-0-48568700-1373047399_thumb. post-913969-0-13361100-1373047402_thumb.

Initial Release

- All Bloat Removed

- Google Apps Included

- Nova Launcher

- DSP Manager (CyanogenMod Port)

- Google Play Music

- Better GPS config

- Pre Rooted

- Better APN config

01/07/1013

- Sound Settings Fix

- Google Edition Boot Anim

- Fixed Network Location

- Add init.d Support To Kernel

- AOSP System Sounds

- Corrected The Default AOSP Theme

- AOKP Battery Mod

- System Tweaks Settings

- V5 Update Centre

04/07/1013

- Per App DPI - Tungstwenty

- X-Theme Engine - ruqqq

- Xposed Framework - rovo89

- GravityBox - Ceco

- Fixed soft buttons toggle

R2 http://ubuntuone.com...riQZFYjpP0PmhXe

Settings Patch http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2138730 (Flash After ROM)

Before using the new settings that are included go to > settings / system / Xposed Framework

Select update / install framework, Ignore the reboot request

Select the modules tab on the right, tick all boxes and then reboot

Done.

The system tweaks settings is a work in progress, i will be adding lots of new stuff to it in the future so let me know if you have any good ideas ;)

it will also be on the market as a stand alone app some time in the future.

Don't flash the Framework Mod over the latest update... as it will remove things, wait for me to post the updated version on here

How to install http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2135232 (assuming you have cwm)

How To Install CWM http://www.modaco.co...-the-vowney-v5/

Guest Sere83

Hey Tillaz you think you can post the other non stripped rom with Gapps in this thread too with? I also tried this stripped rom but I found that Location via wifi does not work :-(

Also the CRT TV screen animation seems slightly broken, after the tv anaimation occurs it stutters a bit, the black background closing a tiny bit after the animation has finished.

Edited by Sere83

Guest kieranswhite

Hey Tillaz you think you can post the other non stripped rom with Gapps in this thread too with? I also tried this stripped rom but I found that Location via wifi does not work :-(

Also the CRT TV screen animation seems slightly broken, after the tv anaimation occurs it stutters a bit, the black background closing a tiny bit after the animation has finished.

He said he's also doing another ROM tonight if he has time so i'd wait for that

Guest tillaz

yep, i can see why its not working lol, will update this soon :)

Guest Sere83

yep, i can see why its not working lol, will update this soon :)

Sweet! Much appreciated. Oh yes also there was some funny white lines across the top of the screen when I installed. Was mainly in gallery when loading pics. Are you going to post the tweak pack separately with the animation and other bits like last time?

Edited by Sere83

Guest kieranswhite

Updated :)

Nice, have you added any init.d scripts or can we add our own?

Edit: I'll add my own (ther arent any)

Edit 2: Ive had an idea, couldnt you retheme the gravity box xposed framework (tweak) app to look like aosp and then add that to the settings ?

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest e45cream
Updated :)

Thanks for the update. Everything working well, even gps seems great so far, but as others have found with this phone, gps success is usually short term, so will see how it is tomorrow.

Any chance you could move the long press for recent apps onto the home button instead of the menu button? (or make it optional). This would allow us to use the Nova option of a long press on the menu button for search or whatever.

I have noticed that sometimes the recent apps appear for a second, then disappear, leaving me with a black screen. I have had this since I got the phone. I think it mostly happens if the long press is held for too long.

Guest Sere83

Thanks for the update. Everything working well, even gps seems great so far, but as others have found with this phone, gps success is usually short term, so will see how it is tomorrow.

Any chance you could move the long press for recent apps onto the home button instead of the menu button? (or make it optional). This would allow us to use the Nova option of a long press on the menu button for search or whatever.

I have noticed that sometimes the recent apps appear for a second, then disappear, leaving me with a black screen. I have had this since I got the phone. I think it mostly happens if the long press is held for too long.

Will try this rom when i get in, what settings are you using for gps? Is a-gps and EPO assistance enabled? I have this exact same issue with long press

Guest kieranswhite

By the Way tillaz the system tweaks application that you link to in settings crashes if you already didn't know. I can do a logcat if you want later

Guest e45cream
By the Way tillaz the system tweaks application that you link to in settings crashes if you already didn't know. I can do a logcat if you want later

Works for me. Tried the boot animation and soft keys tweaks, and both worked (although the on and off options in the soft keys do the opposite, and the onscreen soft keys are in reverse order from the hard keys )

Guest tillaz

i will correct the on / off button for softkeys,

but the order they are in is the stock AOSP way, its the vowney that has a different button layout for the hard keys,

i will make a modified SystemUI as an add on to change the layout for soft keys.

also will probably do all the updates threw the OTA now ;)

lastly, could someone post a screenshot of the main settings menu on the new version please :)

Guest tillaz

Nice, have you added any init.d scripts or can we add our own?

Edit: I'll add my own (ther arent any)

Edit 2: Ive had an idea, couldnt you retheme the gravity box xposed framework (tweak) app to look like aosp and then add that to the settings ?

yeah, i left out init.d scripts, But i will probably add a part in my System Tweaks app to apply various scripts in the future with lots more tweaks.

as for Ceco's module, i would think its just using the "Holo.Light.DarkActionBar" theme and to change this all you would do is edit the AndroidManifest.xml

Change

android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar"
To
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo"

Guest kieranswhite

yeah, i left out init.d scripts, But i will probably add a part in my System Tweaks app to apply various scripts in the future with lots more tweaks.

as for Ceco's module, i would think its just using the "Holo.Light.DarkActionBar" theme and to change this all you would do is edit the AndroidManifest.xml

Change

android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar"
To
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Holo"

no looks like he didn't i changed the android.manifest and it's still the same

Guest TheDrew

hi

i flashed this rom via cwm but is dont run ! any help ?

edit it runs ! great work please make more !!

Edited by TheDrew

Guest tillaz

no looks like he didn't i changed the android.manifest and it's still the same

are you sure? i just looked and he is using

android:theme="@style/AppTheme"
which points to the Holo.Light theme when looking at the styles.xml just change the above From
To
android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo"

or just remove "android:theme="@style/AppTheme" and it will use the device default (which is the Holo theme)

Guest kieranswhite

are you sure? i just looked and he is using

which points to the Holo.Light theme when looking at the styles.xml just change the above From
To
android:theme="@style/Theme.Holo"

or just remove "android:theme="@style/AppTheme" and it will use the device default (which is the Holo theme)

Oh right must have missed it. Also would it be worth adding this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2251952 (allows support for theme chooser themes in AOSP)

Edit: Also i was thinking of making a ROM based on your repack if it's ok with you or i could try and create some things for your ROM ?

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest tillaz

Oh right must have missed it. Also would it be worth adding this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2251952 (allows support for theme chooser themes in AOSP)

Edit: Also i was thinking of making a ROM based on your repack if it's ok with you or i could try and create some things for your ROM ?

sure, what ever you feel like doing, both are fine with me ;)

about the x-theme engine, is a great app but the only problem is it does not support redirecting of styles.xml which is big part of theme chooser themes,

without this the more complex themes don't really work well, but i'm hoping this is some how resolved as i can actually add support to my currant themes so they work with both the theme engine & the x-theme engine :)

Guest kieranswhite

Oh right that's pretty cool. I might have a go at adding xposed framework tweaks into the settings of the ROM

Guest tillaz

added most of the requested stuff will release an update soon. with credits to the following for there modules.

Per App DPI - Tungstwenty

X-Theme Engine - ruqqq

Xposed Framework - rovo89

GravityBox - Ceco

post-913969-0-11434200-1372808920_thumb. post-913969-0-37388300-1372808922_thumb.

Font not included... will make a flashable package if there is an interest for it :)

Guest kieranswhite
added most of the requested stuff will release an update soon. with credits to the following for there modules.

Per App DPI - Tungstwenty

X-Theme Engine - ruqqq

Xposed Framework - rovo89

GravityBox - Ceco

post-913969-0-11434200-1372808920_thumb. post-913969-0-37388300-1372808922_thumb.

Font not included... will make a flashable package if there is an interest for it :)

Wow that was quick! I was planning on doing some of those today :P