[ROM] Vowney v5 Custom ROM - updated 04/07/2013

Guest tillaz

Guest aporunn003

Hi, Tillaz

I have a problem (and others users too) with our V5. The tracking system with WiFi and 3G (with GPS off) does not work.

Another user told me to sign this problem with your ROM.

Can you tell me how to fix the Vowney ROM v.1.3?

Do you know another solution?

Tks!!!!!

Edited by aporunn003

Guest aporunn003

MTK6589 Source support.wikomobile.com/kernel/CINK_FIVE_JB_Opensource_9841285.zip

Hi, What's the function of this file? Tks!

Guest Northstandhero

Just installed this on my new V5, would like to say a big thanks to Tillaz, who selflessly contributes fantastic Rom's and helps out with the many problems people have encountered,Bloody hell he doesn't even own this phone, yet still has given us CWM,Root and Rom's....Nice one fella.

Guest aporunn003

I have a problem (and others users too) with our V5. The tracking system with WiFi and 3G (with GPS off) does not work.

Any solution with this problem? Thks!!!

Guest Northstandhero

It's in The OP on the first page , Version R2 and the settings patch, plus there's a fix later in the thread to stop the OTA upgrade notification bug.

Guest relapso

I am very pleased with V5 ee tillaz rom but I have a problem:

when I try changes in System teaks by obtaining "the application vowneyMod is stuck in an unusual way", what to try?

other:

* Soft touch liminosi terribly.

* Minimum brightness too high.

* WiFi underpowered, poor reception from a distance.

* Compass dead as in all the other rom.

Tks

Guest 27ylliw

Hi.

I tried to flash my V5 with the Tillaz Rom R2 without success..

I've CWM recovery and after a full wipe i've installed the rom and after the reboot, the phone remain on boot logo for several minutes (i wait for 20 minutes) but system on phone don't start.

Is the only rom that i cannot install.. i tried Lewa rom and custom rom with S4 UI succesfully.

Anyone has the same problem?

Guest aliaird

I have an old standalone GPS unit that I used to connect over Bluetooth to my Smartphone to see if that would give me a good GPS signal.

I was trying to get it to connect to my V5 but can't manage it. Any ideas?

Guest trashbat

anyone else had the problem with tillaz' rom whereby the wifi is stuck at "turning on" tried rebooting the phone but to no avail.

Re flash the rom?

edit: wiped cache and it works again!

Edited by trashbat

Guest relapso

I have an old standalone GPS unit that I used to connect over Bluetooth to my Smartphone to see if that would give me a good GPS signal.

I was trying to get it to connect to my V5 but can't manage it. Any ideas?

"Bluetooth GPS" with works, I'm using it. Perhaps we need to enable "mock locations" "Bluetooth or other settings, can not remember.

Edited by relapso

Guest relapso

This is for the V5T though, thw TDSCDMA verison, doubt it will work for normal V5

Rom V5T not work on V5: no signal. I have tested V5T stock.

I do not even work the compass.

Edited by relapso

Guest relapso

I wanted to say that I am very satisfied with the V5 but I'm not absolutely Vowney that ignores the problem compass: does nothing and says nothing.

In this way Vowney will not go far ... In fact, it seems to me that the initial interest on this phone, lately has collapsed.