Wifi buggy

Guest dt_matthews

Guest dt_matthews

Hi

I have an OSD which generally is serving me well, however I do have one issue and wanted to know if this was something anyone else had experienced or any advice peeps have.

My phone is virtually always connected to a private wifi network, but quite often when I go back to my phone (i.e. resume from screen off | sleep) the wifi refuses to find the network even though it is in range, and if I turn the wifo off and on again it instantly connects.

Anyone else seen this or know how I might fix it?

Thanks,

dan

Guest dt_matthews

Yeh but I dont want that battery drain hence I have it set to disconnect when in sleep mode, but its clearly not working as it should on resume.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I have the same problem. Sometimes WiFi settings reports my signal as not in range even though my tablet and laptop are working fine with it. Other times it forces me to log on to BT Openzone via a web page to connect when I'm at home. It's most frustrating and I have yet to discern any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes if I select my home network in settings and press 'connect' it does nothing. It doesn't even TRY to connect.

Guest i am not a hacker

I have the same problem. Sometimes WiFi settings reports my signal as not in range even though my tablet and laptop are working fine with it. Other times it forces me to log on to BT Openzone via a web page to connect when I'm at home. It's most frustrating and I have yet to discern any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes if I select my home network in settings and press 'connect' it does nothing. It doesn't even TRY to connect.

that's because the phone has a worse wifi receiver than your laptop and tablet

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Thank you for the feedback. It's almost certainly nothing to do with range, though. When I do connect to home WiFi it's a strong signal yet it can report not in range even when stood next to the router. As I say, there's no discernible rhyme or reason. I can't see any pattern or consistency. I've been using smart phones for a couple of years now and never experienced this before.