Y300 Initial Impressions

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Coming from 12 months with a G300, I've now had my Y for 36 hours.

I've routed it and stripped out what I don't want.

Nova launcher installed, all my preferred apps. Light Flow working fine counting the led notifications.

Edited build.prop to remove the mobile data warning (why do they put that on?)

The only issues I've found... Firstly the accessibility setting for light flow reverts back to off after a reboot - winner if there's a setting somewhere? And secondly, swype keeps disabling itself randomly and after a reboot... Shame as it's my preferred keyboard.

Aside from that, it's fast, smooth and battery life seems excellent so far.

Guest Frankish

Power button awkwardly placed and it's quite flush so a bit of getting used to pressing it. Phone is quick enough however Huawei's home app is a big no no and the lock screen too. Awful. Worth every penny of the £60 spent though screen is pretty decent. Hopefully the scene picks up a bit for this soon as there is nothing going on at the minute. We need kernel source.

Guest Reider59

I had the Swype problem too. On the screen where you select Swype and/or other keyboard types a little higher up, above the 4 selections, you can set the default to Swype. Once set there you should be OK. I don't turn mine off much so not checked, but it should work.

Guest Frankish

Barely had time to spend with the phone but love it. Waiting for unlock code. Currently back to using my iPhone 4 though as the girlfriend has sent her iPhone 5 off for repair (not her fault) lent her my old San Fran which is now broken (her fault dropped it and sim contacts came off!) so just given her the Y300 until her 5 comes back. Sad panda now!