4.2.2 for HTC One, what do you think?

Guest masterpfa

Guest masterpfa

I have just finished watching a brief video highlighting the changes that 4.2.2 brings to the HTC One.

Well done HTC, but my oh my, what a difference this may have made, to me at least, when, for my brief period of ownership. I really wanted to like Sense 5.0 and the HTC One (and I did except for a few annoying to me traits), neither diod I want to have to root to enjoy it.

What I found most annoying (and I know this is going to sound childish) but the main reason for taking the handset back after just 24 hours , was the Dock Icons and the "method" HTC had used to allow users to change these. Yes I had to do a web search to work it out.

The new UI with the necessary changes, have in my opinion, made all the difference.

Have you received the update and if so, what are your opinions and what other gems are in store for potential or existing owners?

Now if only I could just get a phone at a decent price who knows I may be tempted again :wub:

Guest trishmac

I'm liking this update a lot :-) it's definitely snappier. Loving the new settings. You can display your battery percentage ..get rid of that awful power saver icon..change the doc icons and take screenshots easily..prob more I've yet to discover. great phone anyway of course ^_^ lol

Guest masterpfa
I'm liking this update a lot :-) it's definitely snappier. Loving the new settings. You can display your battery percentage ..get rid of that awful power saver icon..change the doc icons and take screenshots easily..prob more I've yet to discover. great phone anyway of course ^_^ lol
Made even better, just a shame that the phone wasn't released with 4.2.2 might just have kept it when I had one :wacko:

Guest trishmac
Made even better, just a shame that the phone wasn't released with 4.2.2 might just have kept it when I had one :unsure:
You might get one eventually.. :) The Best phone IMHO..but you know how this works..there's always something new on the horizon ;) Edited by trishmac

Guest jackos2500

I'm loving the new update... Some of the things in 4.1 really annoyed me, like the 'black bar of death' and the dock icons as the OP said. Only one issue though: I updated before I went S-OFF and now I can't. :( Oh well, I guess there's nobody to blame for that except myself. ;)

Guest masterpfa

Slightly off subject.....

Just trying 4.3 on my Galaxy Nexus, I wonder when this will come to the HTC One, the two could make beautiful babies together.

Guest goatee

My battery life on 4.2.2 seems about the same if not slightly better. Not sure I have noticed any performance changes, but the settings pull down is a nice bonus. I really think Sense 5 is also the perfect balance between improving stock Android without being too intrusive.

I've got 4.3 on my Nexus 7, and haven't noticed any change in normal usage (apart from the fact that it always takes the MX Player team a while to get out an update so I can use it again).