Lewa Recovery

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

I've just unlocked my bootloader and flashed a custom recovery. I've flashed the Lewa recovery as recommended for the Y300. The screen turns off during a backup and doesn't come back on does anyone else experience this? Buttons still vibrate so I'm sure it's still on. Will another custom recovery help?

Guest TangerineTractor

I had the same. Flash the touchmez Rom, it includes a twrp recovery, then you're good for everything from then on.

Guest Frankish

Can you just upload the recovery img from touchme rom please? I'd rather not download and flash the full shebang thanks if it's possible.

Guest TangerineTractor

Can you just upload the recovery img from touchme rom please? I'd rather not download and flash the full shebang thanks if it's possible.

No, but I can take a backup of my recovery as a TWRP backup, then you can stick it in your LEWA\Backups\<Device> folder and restore it. If you don't have a <device> subfolder in lewa\backuops, make a backup of your current settings, and it wil lcreate one.

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, download this, extract it to within LEWA\Backups\<deviceID> on your SD Card, then go into Lewa Recovery, select restore and find it. Next time you restore, you should be in TWRP.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7qwep7B8xoVZ0RaeURTWWNJZ2c/edit?usp=sharing

Note: Google drive automatically displays the contents of the RAR, so just go to FIle.. Download, then extract it, and put the whole folder within the lewa\backups\Deviceid

Guest TangerineTractor

Not sure how to download it from my phone so I'll have a look on laptop later but thanks a lot!

Yeah, you need to do it on your laptop, extract the folder, find the right folder on your SD card and put it there.

Guest Frankish

Just done it now was difficult to figure out the download button as it wasn't in english but performing a backup now and the things completed. Strange that the screen goes off but displays a twrp lockscreen never seen that before!

Guest TangerineTractor

Just done it now was difficult to figure out the download button as it wasn't in english but performing a backup now and the things completed. Strange that the screen goes off but displays a twrp lockscreen never seen that before!

Yeah, seems a bit pointless, that blank and lockscreen.... so you have a fully working proper TWRP english recovery now?

Guest TangerineTractor

Glad you're working. I strongly recommend the A190 that's downloadable as a TWRP restore. Fast, relatively bloat free. Bug free. Install a decent launcher like Nova, use an uninstall tool to get rid of the huawei stuff, and you've got a pretty much good clean JB rom. Certainly the best of what's currently available, 4.1.x based, until a 4.2.2 useable rom is ready.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest askrulous

For the benefit of anyone ekse having this problem with lewa recovery.

Just spent ages wasting my time trying to install a working alternative to lewa, finding non working touch screens on all others. In the end went back to lewa, went into settings and disabled screen timeout and everything's fine now!

Edited by askrulous

Guest askrulous

Lol, bet u didn't waste as much time as me though! Still trying to figure out the benefit to being scared witless as your screen disappears mid flash!