Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tmlhodge

Say I want to run another ROM temporarily. Will a nandroid backup capture everything needed? And could I just restore my nandroid to come back and have all my data?

I know this is typically the case, but this is no typical rom.

Guest Clselfridge
Say I want to run another ROM temporarily. Will a nandroid backup capture everything needed? And could I just restore my nandroid to come back and have all my data?

Just asked this same question on the last page and they said it would work as normal. Haven't tested it yet but just thought I would let you know what they told me.

Guest ApexPredation

HTC made enhancements to the camera in 4.2.2 which some others have noted as producing cleaner images as well.

I can definitely see a difference than. Even better, we have finally got some great weather to test it out. I like that the two roms keep their photos in separate folders too.

Guest ApexPredation

In the OP there is a mention about it you are coming from a non-2.24 ROM and want the 2.24 HBoot and so on, to flash the Firmware Zip. I have not flashed it, and I came from stock 1.29.1540.17 (DE HTC One). Everything seems to be working fine so far. What are the benefits to flashing this and is it something I should do? Or should I keep it the way it is since it seems to be working great?

Guest descenpet

Just asked this same question on the last page and they said it would work as normal. Haven't tested it yet but just thought I would let you know what they told me.

yes, nandroid works as normal. i already did so i can confirm.

Guest inthenite42

When can we expect beta 9? I'm also finding that a lot of stuff still isn't syncing, such as my Gmail and another app which used to always sync. I did have connection problems on my One before though so that might be the problem.

Guest Lennyuk

When can we expect beta 9? I'm also finding that a lot of stuff still isn't syncing, such as my Gmail and another app which used to always sync. I did have connection problems on my One before though so that might be the problem.

Sync problems will be you and not this rom - everything works perfectly on beta 8 (and I really mean it, this is not just me talking from experience, it is fact)

I would bet that your gmail is syncing, you are just not getting notifications as you need to change your label settings.

Guest RobBull

I got tethering working with the TrevE Mod verision of Wifi Tether using the settings in this thread http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2269917

Be sure to use a VPN (HotSpot VPN is generally recommended) or else TMO will detect that you are tethering and cut off your LTE.

Get TrevE mod here: https://code.google....r_v3_3-pre2.apk

edit: Must have Root in order for this to work.

I tried this before, but with a slightly different configuration which did not work. This config works with my current VPN service, Private Internet Access, as well as HotSpot Shield. :D I came from the Galaxy Nexus, so I never had problems tethering.

Guest Scuddstser

I am one of the S-On testers and did the switch from CWM to TWRP to just fix all the issues I was having. All notification bar issues, home button probs and all disappeared when I switched; probably from the reflash again as well.

#1 - Is it ok for us to switch from S -On to S -Off? I read that post of where to remove the S-On zip if I can find it again but main reason I ask is to see if you would prefer not simply to keep testing that structure? I think my invite email stated that I was being accepted due to saying I was S-On.

#2 - Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any fixes for not being able to send MMS on GPE. I can receive MMS just fine on it, but all sends just keep sending and sending.. and sending. MMS works fine sending and receiving on Sense side. I understand they don't sync yet and can use something like MySMS but friends hate getting MMS pics on it cause its just a link to view in web browser. Any suggestions on why MMS doesn't work on GPE? (Sorry if its posted in here somewhere. :)

Thanks. All seems to work just fine. Just wanted to consider making the change to S-OFF.

Guest descenpet

Is anybody else losing xposed mods after switching?

yes, copy app_process manually to /system/SWITCH/sense/bin and /system/SWITCH/gpe/bin if you want it to survive switching for now.

Paul said he will change something later on.

Can we install another Super User app, or have you done something special with the SWITCH.SuperSU1.41.zip ?

you should be able to do it if you know where to push the file to. the binaries and apk in the zip are same as normal version but it installs to different location.

Guest Arohdin

yes, copy app_process manually to /system/SWITCH/sense/bin and /system/SWITCH/gpe/bin if you want it to survive switching for now.

Paul said he will change something later on.

you should be able to do it if you know where to push the file to. the binaries and apk in the zip are same as normal version but it installs to different location.

So it isn't just to download and intsall SuperUser (dev. CHAINSSD). I did this when I rooted stock, and that time SuperUser recognized that SuperSU was installed and SuperUser disabled/uninstalled SuperSU automatically. But this wont work since this rom is so different when it comes to location of files and folders?

Guest Omniken

so to install coming from another custom Rom you just do it in this order

Using TWRP

1. Full Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvick

2. Flash switch beta 1

3. Flash switch beta 8

4. Flash switch S-on

5. flash root SuperSu

6. reboot

Thanks in advance

Guest Lennyuk

Can we install another Super User app, or have you done something special with the SWITCH.SuperSU1.41.zip ?

the switch package is required if you want root to stick on both roms.

Guest Lennyuk

so to install coming from another custom Rom you just do it in this order

Using TWRP

1. Full Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvick

2. Flash switch beta 1

3. Flash switch beta 8

4. Flash switch S-on

5. flash root SuperSu

6. reboot

Thanks in advance

you only need step 4 if you are s-on

you only need step 5 if you want root

otherwise you are spot on.

Remember to follow the instructions in post 1 regarding what to do after you flash.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest Lennyuk

Yep, twice now.

After you flash the zip you will need to reinstall xposed from within the xposed app once more on each rom and then it should stick, if it doesn't you can follow the manual steps (adb) which are posted a few posts above this one, but the zip should work, it has been extensively tested.

Guest Omniken

After you flash the zip you will need to reinstall xposed from within the xposed app once more on each rom and then it should stick, if it doesn't you can follow the manual steps (adb) which are posted a few posts above this one, but the zip should work, it has been extensively tested.

Yes I have S-On and I do want Root...

Guest Omniken

you only need step 4 if you are s-on

you only need step 5 if you want root

otherwise you are spot on.

Remember to follow the instructions in post 1 regarding what to do after you flash.

Yes I have S-On and I want Root! I guess I'll see how it's behaving. Many people seem to be generally pleased with it thus far!

Guest cezent

1st full day with the MoDaCo.SWITCH, no issue so far. everything function as expected.

One question relating to today's android 4.3 release from google. Does the MoDaCo.SWITCH require the Sense and GPe ROM on the same version? for example, is it possible to run Sense 4.2.2 + GPe 4.3?

Presumably the Sense version of Android 4.3 will take quite some time to be released, but the GPe version should be earlier. I wonder how MoDaCo.SWITCH ROM upgrade process will work in this case. The timing is perfect to test it on Android 4.3 :)

Edited by cezent

Guest dorkboy69

I am one of the S-On testers and did the switch from CWM to TWRP to just fix all the issues I was having. All notification bar issues, home button probs and all disappeared when I switched; probably from the reflash again as well.

#1 - Is it ok for us to switch from S -On to S -Off? I read that post of where to remove the S-On zip if I can find it again but main reason I ask is to see if you would prefer not simply to keep testing that structure? I think my invite email stated that I was being accepted due to saying I was S-On.

#2 - Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any fixes for not being able to send MMS on GPE. I can receive MMS just fine on it, but all sends just keep sending and sending.. and sending. MMS works fine sending and receiving on Sense side. I understand they don't sync yet and can use something like MySMS but friends hate getting MMS pics on it cause its just a link to view in web browser. Any suggestions on why MMS doesn't work on GPE? (Sorry if its posted in here somewhere. :)

Thanks. All seems to work just fine. Just wanted to consider making the change to S-OFF.

I had to delete data and cache in the messaging app a couple times then force close it to get mms working on the GPe rom.

Guest Clselfridge

So after a clean install I installed the xposed apk again and then activated and flashed the zip from both sense and gpe and still no dice for stcking... I am hesitant to do it manually at has been described because that is what I did last night when everything went ape-stuff on me.....