Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dorkboy69

Everything still going good switching back and forth. Used navigation this morning with the sense rom and worked great. Will try navigation tomorrow morning on the GPe rom.

Guest Scuddstser

I had to delete data and cache in the messaging app a couple times then force close it to get mms working on the GPe rom.

Thanks!! Working like a charm. Can't believe I didn't think to do that. :) Appreciate it. Now I have no issues at all to report on either ROM. Looking forward to what 4.3 brings us.

Guest Clselfridge
So after a clean install I installed the xposed apk again and then activated and flashed the zip from both sense and gpe and still no dice for stcking... I am hesitant to do it manually at has been described because that is what I did last night when everything went ape-stuff on me.....

Ok so I figured out how to make xposed work for me. I manually moved the app_process file into each folder but when trying to switch it would do the switch into a bootloop on the other side. In order to get it to boot I had to go back into recovery and flash the xposed zip for switch. So I went back into the respective folders and checked the permissions and they were wrong(forgot to do that when placing them). Now xposed sticks through the switch.

Guest Omniken

All is well as I have Beta 8 installed on AT&T version. Widgets are sticking and no other issues to report other than when I switch back and forth before it goes into the other Rom it goes into recovery first flashes something in open script and then goes out and boots into the other Rom. The entire boot process from one Rom to the other takes 44 seconds even with it going into recovery.. Any reason why it's doing that and is there anything I can do to prevent it? Are we going into a Beta 9 or is this going into public Beta? Thanks!

Guest Omniken

Will OTA updates work when switch is completeHow will Android 4.3 be handled for GE Rom? More than likely the sense side wont go past 4.2.2 for a long while. Thanks

Guest Clselfridge
All is well as I have Beta 8 installed on AT&T version. Widgets are sticking and no other issues to report other than when I switch back and forth before it goes into the other Rom it goes into recovery first flashes something in open script and then goes out and boots into the other Rom. The entire boot process from one Rom to the other takes 44 seconds even with it going into recovery.. Any reason why it's doing that and is there anything I can do to prevent it? Are we going into a Beta 9 or is this going into public Beta? Thanks!

It is going into recovery each time because of s-on. It isn't really to much of a different process than with s-off(as I understand) just with s-off it runs the script without recovery(again as I understand it).

Guest Omniken

It is going into recovery each time because of s-on. It isn't really to much of a different process than with s-off(as I understand) just with s-off it runs the script without recovery(again as I understand it).

Thanks for the heads up! It's not a real biggie...I was more curious than anything. Not complaining it's Beta

Guest bobsbbq

Were you able to get tethering working? I am on T-Mobile's truly unlimited plan, which does not offer tethering even if you're willing to pay for it. Whenever I launch the hotspot or bluetooth tether, I get the upsell screen. I don't tether much other than to browse the web a bit on the train, so I'm not willing to change my data plan and potentially limit my Google Music use. Play Music takes up a ton of data and I can easily see myself getting throttled on a lesser plan.

I actually don't use T-Mobile but a T-Mobile MVNO call Solavei and yes it was working.

Guest Henners

Got it running fine on my SIM-Free, International (801n) One with S-ON. Just a few bugs I've come across:

• The little box in the top right of the quick settings that shows your picture and name works fine in Sense but says my email address instead of my name in the Google ROM.
  • Spotify data doesn't carry between ROMs, signed into and downloaded playlists in the Google ROM but after switching to Sense, I had to sign in again and "download" my playlists again. (Not sure if Spotify actually did download my playlists again or just verified they were there again)

Thank you for the invite and I look forward to how the project progresses! :)

Guest PaulOBrien
#1 - Is it ok for us to switch from S -On to S -Off? I read that post of where to remove the S-On zip if I can find it again but main reason I ask is to see if you would prefer not simply to keep testing that structure? I think my invite email stated that I was being accepted due to saying I was S-On.

#2 - Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any fixes for not being able to send MMS on GPE. I can receive MMS just fine on it, but all sends just keep sending and sending.. and sending. MMS works fine sending and receiving on Sense side. I understand they don't sync yet and can use something like MySMS but friends hate getting MMS pics on it cause its just a link to view in web browser. Any suggestions on why MMS doesn't work on GPE? (Sorry if its posted in here somewhere. :)

#1 - yes, just delete the son file and you're set.

#2 - sounds like APN settings, have you checked they are the same in both ROMs?

am having the same issue as neilrider I sent you an email of a picture with my software screen reboots into sense

Run the command linked from the first post or install the s-on package.

One question relating to today's android 4.3 release from google. Does the MoDaCo.SWITCH require the Sense and GPe ROM on the same version? for example, is it possible to run Sense 4.2.2 + GPe 4.3?

Presumably the Sense version of Android 4.3 will take quite some time to be released, but the GPe version should be earlier. I wonder how MoDaCo.SWITCH ROM upgrade process will work in this case. The timing is perfect to test it on Android 4.3 :)

When 4.3 is released I will update Switch, there's no requirement for 'both sides' to be on the same version per se. There's a good chance it might be released while i'm on holiday though. ;(

Encryption breaks switch. CONFIRMED.

Expected, but thanks for the confirmation!

Will OTA updates work when switch is completeHow will Android 4.3 be handled for GE Rom? More than likely the sense side wont go past 4.2.2 for a long while. Thanks

No, OTA updates should not be applied.

Exactly right!

Got it running fine on my SIM-Free, International (801n) One with S-ON. Just a few bugs I've come across:
  • The little box in the top right of the quick settings that shows your picture and name works fine in Sense but says my email address instead of my name in the Google ROM.
  • Spotify data doesn't carry between ROMs, signed into and downloaded playlists in the Google ROM but after switching to Sense, I had to sign in again and "download" my playlists again. (Not sure if Spotify actually did download my playlists again or just verified they were there again)

How weird (on both counts)!

P

Guest alpozgur

Hi;

Installed easily without any problems. I installed with Turkish language both roms. But i had a strange problem. When customizing Sense, I tried to choose Turkish (Turkey). But there is no option. There were many Turkish options without Turkey :=). But the Turkish main country is Turkey. I didn't have same problem with GE.

And a second problem is with Google Chrome Beta. It doesn't use the shared resources. I have updated in GE rom today.. And after switching to Sense, it has asked for update again.

I didn't get any update, shared resources or etc in other applications. I installed 6 games (Real Racing 3, transformers etc), Sygic Nav, TapaTalk and they used shared resources.

I wonder, when or will it be possible to install custom GE roms with stock Sense rom or, custom Sense roms with stock GE. :)

Edited by alpozgur

Guest PaulOBrien

Now that we are seeing relatively few issues with the Beta, it's probably a good time to talk about what's coming next.

First up, in the next day or so I will be making the Beta open, so anybody can use Switch! I am heading off on a long overdue family holiday this weekend, so there won't be any updates while i'm away (~2 weeks) but everyone here (especially lennyuk) is doing a great job with the peer to peer support, so I hope you can all help each other out with any issues while i'm away! Hopefully by the time i'm back 4.3 for the GPe One will be out and I can update Switch to the new release.

There's a few fixes coming up for Beta 9 (whenever that comes), mainly around maintaining the bin and xbin directories for Xposed installation etc. I also mentioned earlier that this ROM is deodexed, which means some additional space is used on /data as well as a longer first boot time after flashing. I plan to odex the ROM and put the .odex files on /cache, but leaving the .dex files inside the APKs. What does this mean? It means the ROM is both odexed (for performance and space reasons) but should you want to modify the framework (impossible on odexed ROMs normally) you can as the dex files are still in the APKs! Just delete the files from cache and tweak as desired!

Currently the Switch app and the SwitchUp updater app are separate - I will be merging these into one app and adding the functionality to choose which apps are siloed between ROMs (currently achieved by 'touching' a file in the /data/SWITCH/exclude directory). The app will also let you toggle between s-on and s-off modes.

So, there's still cool stuff to come and I will also be making an announcement about Switch on Galaxy S4 which will positively impact development of the One version. Stay tuned! :)

P

Guest Lennyuk

Hi;

Installed easily without any problems. I installed with Turkish language both roms. But i had a strange problem. When customizing Sense, I tried to choose Turkish (Turkey). But there is no option. There were many Turkish options without Turkey :=). But the Turkish main country is Turkey. I didn't have same problem with GE.

And a second problem is with Google Chrome Beta. It doesn't use the shared resources. I have updated in GE rom today.. And after switching to Sense, it has asked for update again.

I didn't get any update, shared resources or etc in other applications. I installed 6 games (Real Racing 3, transformers etc), Sygic Nav, TapaTalk and they used shared resources.

I wonder, when or will it be possible to install custom GE roms with stock Sense rom or, custom Sense roms with stock GE. :)

Once the beta process is over Paul will be opening it up for devs after which theoretically you can have any two roms together as long as it all fits into the /system/

Guest viskas

Now that we are seeing relatively few issues with the Beta, it's probably a good time to talk about what's coming next.

First up, in the next day or so I will be making the Beta open, so anybody can use Switch! I am heading off on a long overdue family holiday this weekend, so there won't be any updates while i'm away (~2 weeks) but everyone here (especially lennyuk) is doing a great job with the peer to peer support, so I hope you can all help each other out with any issues while i'm away! Hopefully by the time i'm back 4.3 for the GPe One will be out and I can update Switch to the new release.

There's a few fixes coming up for Beta 9 (whenever that comes), mainly around maintaining the bin and xbin directories for Xposed installation etc. I also mentioned earlier that this ROM is deodexed, which means some additional space is used on /data as well as a longer first boot time after flashing. I plan to odex the ROM and put the .odex files on /cache, but leaving the .dex files inside the APKs. What does this mean? It means the ROM is both odexed (for performance and space reasons) but should you want to modify the framework (impossible on odexed ROMs normally) you can as the dex files are still in the APKs! Just delete the files from cache and tweak as desired!

Currently the Switch app and the SwitchUp updater app are separate - I will be merging these into one app and adding the functionality to choose which apps are siloed between ROMs (currently achieved by 'touching' a file in the /data/SWITCH/exclude directory). The app will also let you toggle between s-on and s-off modes.

So, there's still cool stuff to come and I will also be making an announcement about Switch on Galaxy S4 which will positively impact development of the One version. Stay tuned! :)

P

Hi paul!

have a nice holiday, you deserve it!

and your family deserves to spend time without technology! :D

Edited by viskas

Guest Omniken

I'm not sure if anyone has reported any of these isues but with the sense camera when I try to take pictures outside there are flares. No matter what camera settings I use or taking pictures in sunlight or shaded areas the picture both in the viewfinder and when taken have color spectrum flares across some areas of it. When I use the Google Edition camera though the pictures come out perfect without issue? Anyone else experiencing this? Also since I'm S-On each time i switch over it actually sidesteps to recovery and enters open script and then comes out of it and proceeds with the boot? Battery drain seems to be a little extensive even with the power saver on..with light useage burning through 10-12% in less than an hour? Also Chrome Browser icon is on the Google Edition but can't access it on the Sense side?

Thanks in Advance!

Guest PaulOBrien
I'm not sure if anyone has reported any of these isues but with the sense camera when I try to take pictures outside there are flares. No matter what camera settings I use or taking pictures in sunlight or shaded areas the picture both in the viewfinder and when taken have color spectrum flares across some areas of it. When I use the Google Edition camera though the pictures come out perfect without issue? Anyone else experiencing this?

The Sense camera does process the images differently to stock, so you should expect to see a variation between the two ROMs.

Also since I'm S-On each time i switch over it actually sidesteps to recovery and enters open script and then comes out of it and proceeds with the boot? Battery drain seems to be a little extensive even with the power saver on..with light useage burning through 10-12% in less than an hour? Also Chrome Browser icon is on the Google Edition but can't access it on the Sense side?

Battery life should be no different to stock as you're basically running the stock ROMs! Chrome loads fine for me here... does it appear in the Launcher for you? What have you done since installing? Remember to mention any modifications you've made that could affect it.

P

Guest Lennyuk

I'm not sure if anyone has reported any of these isues but with the sense camera when I try to take pictures outside there are flares. No matter what camera settings I use or taking pictures in sunlight or shaded areas the picture both in the viewfinder and when taken have color spectrum flares across some areas of it. When I use the Google Edition camera though the pictures come out perfect without issue? Anyone else experiencing this? Also since I'm S-On each time i switch over it actually sidesteps to recovery and enters open script and then comes out of it and proceeds with the boot? Battery drain seems to be a little extensive even with the power saver on..with light useage burning through 10-12% in less than an hour? Also Chrome Browser icon is on the Google Edition but can't access it on the Sense side?

Thanks in Advance!

- Chrome should be installed on both roms

- Battery drain is as good as it is on stock, if not a bit better - but obviously doing a 'switch' will impact battery as the phone is rebooting, something that always takes a fair bit of power.

- Camera works fine for me, and no one else has reported issues so it is just you - you might want to look into your firmware version and if it needs updating, what rom was you on before coming to SWITCH?

- as you have already asked and we have already told you, going into recovery on switch for s-on devices is unavoidable this is how it HAS to work, if you want to skip this then you have to have s-off.

Guest Omniken

It says I have several apps already installed but the icons are neither in Stock nor GE when I go to the playstore to install it says I already have it installed. I can only launch the app from within the playstore because the actual icon is not in either ROM. Before i came over to switch i was running ReVolt Rom ...I'll try to uninstall and reinstall one quick to see if that solves the issue and report back. Thanks

Guest PaulOBrien

It says I have several apps already installed but the icons are neither in Stock nor GE when I go to the playstore to install it says I already have it installed. I can only launch the app from within the playstore because the actual icon is not in either ROM. Before i came over to switch i was running ReVolt Rom ...I'll try to uninstall and reinstall one quick to see if that solves the issue and report back. Thanks

That doesn't even make sense! If they are installed, the icons have to be there... :-S

Have you modded the ROM since install in any way?

P