Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest s33d1ing

I cant get xposed to stick even with the zip. I flashed the zip, then installed xposed framework in each rom but every time I switch, I have to install xposed again.

Guest descenpet

I cant get xposed to stick even with the zip. I flashed the zip, then installed xposed framework in each rom but every time I switch, I have to install xposed again.

copy app_process from the zip manually to /system/SWITCH/gpe/bin/ and /system/SWITCH/sense/bin/

Guest Scuddstser

Hey guys. That little part of "do not wipe after installing or it will break stuff"... in case you are an idiot and do that, how would one go about fixing it? I keep getting stuff on the reboot screen.

thanks

Guest Edubyah
Hey guys. That little part of "do not wipe after installing or it will break stuff"... in case you are an idiot and do that, how would one go about fixing it? I keep getting stuff on the reboot screen.

thanks

Just reflash Beta1 then Beta8 all will be well again

Well you also need any of the required stuff like S-on and root

Edited by Edubyah

Guest Scuddstser

Just reflash Beta1 then Beta8 all will be well again

Well you also need any of the required stuff like S-on and root

Thanks! I am trying it now. Have to adb push. I completely wiped it all in error. If I screw up... i screw up!

Guest Clselfridge
copy app_process from the zip manually to /system/SWITCH/gpe/bin/ and /system/SWITCH/sense/bin/

Make sure the permissions are right after pasting the file in those folders as well. They were not right the first time I did it manually and it didn't want to work right at all.

Guest felixmrdx

Tested on my HTC ONE... Disabled Fast Boot, When i hit switch, Upgrading android, not switching... Tried running the command from the link above script is not found... Please advise..

Guest descenpet

Tested on my HTC ONE... Disabled Fast Boot, When i hit switch, Upgrading android, not switching... Tried running the command from the link above script is not found... Please advise..

if you are getting file not found, the problem is usually something else.

Did you wipe after flash by mistake? If you are s-on, did you install s-on package? If you are using cwm, try reflash with twrp.

Guest Scuddstser

if you are getting file not found, the problem is usually something else.

Did you wipe after flash by mistake? If you are s-on, did you install s-on package? If you are using cwm, try reflash with twrp.

I am back to working again. :) Thanks for the suggestions. Now I am running into an issue though. Play Store on Sense side keeps closing. It will open for a sec and then close. Followed by the normal "has stopped responding" message. Tried clearing the cache, data, etc. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Guest descenpet

I am back to working again. :) Thanks for the suggestions. Now I am running into an issue though. Play Store on Sense side keeps closing. It will open for a sec and then close. Followed by the normal "has stopped responding" message. Tried clearing the cache, data, etc. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

did you wipe again before reinstalling?

Guest marc82

Ok, reflashed and flashed the Beta2, all works fine!

I really like this switch!

Thanks Paul! :)

where did u get it. pls . the switch doesnt work for me

Guest descenpet

the switch doesnt work 4 me, please anyone can help.. ? step by step

steps are in first post. at least post what you have done and what problem you are having instead of doesn't work.

Guest scrytch

Switch Beta 8 is working well on my S-OFF HTC One. I wanted to know if it was possible to have the option to enable hold-home for menu action in the GE side?

I've got some apps that don't show the menu dots.

Regards,

Shane.

Guest Lennyuk

Switch Beta 8 is working well on my S-OFF HTC One. I wanted to know if it was possible to have the option to enable hold-home for menu action in the GE side?

I've got some apps that don't show the menu dots.

Regards,

Shane.

Not as the rom stands, it would need modification or maybe an xposed mod to enable that.

Guest Lennyuk

the switch doesnt work 4 me, please anyone can help.. ? step by step

Like descenpet said, you need to tell us what you have tried before we can help you...

steps are in first post. at least post what you have done and what problem you are having instead of doesn't work.

Guest marc82

sorry, but the problem is i am not able to switch to google edition ( rom ) the switcher doesnt let me switch. I've done exactly the same without the S- on

Guest Lennyuk

sorry, but the problem is i am not able to switch to google edition ( rom ) the switcher doesnt let me switch. I've done exactly the same without the S- on

Are you s-on or off?

You need to be doing this

- boot to recovery

- wipe data/factory reset

- flash beta 1

- flash beta 8

(- flash s-on)

(- flash root)

- boot

- skip through set-up and turn off fast boot

- switch

- when in GPE run the setup and add your accounts

- switch back to sense when you are ready.

Guest marc82

Are you s-on or off?

You need to be doing this

- boot to recovery

- wipe data/factory reset

- flash beta 1

- flash beta 8

(- flash s-on)

(- flash root)

- boot

- skip through set-up and turn off fast boot

- switch

- when in GPE run the setup and add your accounts

- switch back to sense when you are ready.

Thanx I'll try it..

Guest Lennyuk

Paul, are you in time working on beta 9 or. Can you all ready give us a date when its coming ?

Paul is on holiday and won't be back for 2 weeks - so no beta 9 until sometime after he returns.

He is unlikely to ever give ETA's even if he was here.

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest ascito

Hi Paul,

I installed your switcher and it works great, I am facing only one problem with SU. Each time I switch from Sense to GE and vice versa, if I open SU it asks me to upgrade SuperSU app, If I follow instructions on screen, the device goes in recovery mode (CWM). Once I am in recovery mode, I don't know what do because I have no updating file for SU. So if I reboot the device from recovery, the following message is shown:

ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE
I say NO, of course, not knowing what to do. The device reboots and when I open the SU app, the problem is still there. I do again the procedure and the second time, the problem is solved.

How to fix it?

Edited by ascito

Guest Lennyuk

Hi Paul,

I installed your switcher and it works great, I am facing only one problem with SU. Each time I switch from Sense and GE and vice versa, if I open SU it asks me to upgrade SuperSU app, If I follow instructions on screen, the device goes in recovery mode (CWM). Once I am in recovery mode, I don't know what do because I have no updating file for SU. So if I reboot the device from recovery, the following message is shown:

I say NO, of course, not knowing what to do. The device reboots and when I open the SU app, the problem is still there. I do again the procedure and the second time, the problem is solved.

How to fix it?

When SuperSU asks you to update the binary elect to do it the "normal" way - not via recovery.

As for your other question, that message only appears if you are s-on and using CWM recovery, to avoid that message switch to TWRP recovery.

But if you elect to stick with CWM, then just press yes to that question, stock recovery will not be flashed.

Guest robinwe97

Thanks For that information!

I have a bug, when I make a playlist on sense and switch to gep than the playlist is empty or when I make a playlist on Ge an switch to sense and switch then again to ge the same happenda .

Also I don't can update the supersu binary /:

Guest ascito

When SuperSU asks you to update the binary elect to do it the "normal" way - not via recovery.

As for your other question, that message only appears if you are s-on and using CWM recovery, to avoid that message switch to TWRP recovery.

But if you elect to stick with CWM, then just press yes to that question, stock recovery will not be flashed.

THX for your answer.

Can I simply flash TWRP via ADB over CWM?