Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ssmithri2

Paul, thanks for the incredible work you've done here. I've been following your development pretty closely, but I haven't tried switch out yet for a very specific reason. Currently, I am stuck using a 4.1 Sense based T-Mo ROM on my phone because I have no service at my house and I am reliant on WiFi calling. So far there appears to be no way to port T-Mo's WiFi calling to any other ROM. I have always been a huge fan of AOSP and I am itching to get back on it, so I was wondering if it's even feasible to switch out the Sense ROM with a T-Mo version. Is this something that I could do by swapping out the files, or have you made customizations to the Sense ROM in Switch that allow it to work?

If I could get a Sense ROM with T-Mo WiFi calling built in it would be the perfect solution for me, and finally allow me to kick Sense to the curb every time I leave the house ;D.

+1

EDIT: Just wanted to add how awesome this is... all hail Sir Paul :-)

Edited by ssmithri2

Hey Paul.

I noticed MMS on GPe isn't working. Messages are stuck on sending. It works fine in Sense. I can't find whether this is a known issue or not... It could have been s known problem on another ROM.

Any known fixes/any news on if a fix is coming?

Guest GenShard

Paul, could you please post a link for the s4 forum so I can add it to my tapatalk

*edit *

Found it, thanks guys^_^

Edited by GenShard

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul.

I noticed MMS on GPe isn't working. Messages are stuck on sending. It works fine in Sense. I can't find whether this is a known issue or not... It could have been s known problem on another ROM.

Any known fixes/any news on if a fix is coming?

Are the APN settings the same between the two ROMs?

P

Guest deeevan

I flashed beta 10 over beta 8 and was getting the disappearing Maps issue in Sense. As advised, removal and add of my Google account fixed this.

I thought this issue was resolved in beta 10? If not, it might be good to add to the FAQ.

Guest PaulOBrien

The Maps issue is due to the fact Google have deployed different APKs for 4.2/4.3. An OTA with updated Maps built in will be online soon.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm currently testing updated Switch scripts which resolve bin/xbin being rewritten on boot and also allow you to flash unmodified kernel zips. Both popular requests. :)

P

Guest Joeny217

Hello Paul..LinnyUK and everyone here: I have had success with S-OFF by following the instruction on this website www.qbking77.com Tim Schofield the owner of the of the site has an excellent video explaining the S-OFF process. If you follow those instructions I am sure you will get S-OFF with no problem...The only thing you should do before you start the process is: on your computer rename the file from revone-0.2.1 to just REVONE only than follow the instructions on the video or on the site and i am sure it will work because it worked for me... Or copy the file to your phone than change the name there too it will also work...Good luck

Guest Joeny217

By the way Paul as far as not being able to see the call or answer the phone on the GPE rom and the freezing of the phone that issue has been solved by doing a factory rest than re-flashed beta 1 to 10 in recovery without the OTA update and it worked...but also the GPS despaired all together from the phone. The Google maps are there but the GPS has dispersed completely...I have read the whole post but it seems like i was the only one who had this problem...

Guest sferg410

Hello Paul..LinnyUK and everyone here: I have had success with S-OFF by following the instruction on this website www.qbking77.com Tim Schofield the owner of the of the site has an excellent video explaining the S-OFF process. If you follow those instructions I am sure you will get S-OFF with no problem...The only thing you should do before you start the process is: on your computer rename the file from revone-0.2.1 to just REVONE only than follow the instructions on the video or on the site and i am sure it will work because it worked for me... Or copy the file to your phone than change the name there too it will also work...Good luck

Does this work when I am on Android 4.2.2?

Guest perfectB

Are the APN settings the same between the two ROMs?

P

I've been having the MMS problem too. I checked the APN settings and everything seems to match up. The only difference is the MMS Protocol setting which appears in Sense but not under the GPe APN settings

Guest deeevan
The Maps issue is due to the fact Google have deployed different APKs for 4.2/4.3. An OTA with updated Maps built in will be online soon.

P

Cheers, I misread there will be 'an update' to be 'the next update'. That'll teach me to read more into comments than the changelog. Maps not disappearing was coincidental to re-adding my Google account.

I've been having the MMS problem too. I checked the APN settings and everything seems to match up. The only difference is the MMS Protocol setting which appears in Sense but not under the GPe APN settings

Likewise. Would there be any sort of feasible solution at this time?

Guest Joeny217

Does this work when I am on Android 4.2.2?

Yes it does...When i had my S-OFF I was on Android Revolution 12.0 which is Jellybean 4.2.2...Just make sure you rename the file to REVONE before you start the process and make sure you have revone-0.2.1 than rename it once you download it...if for some reason it didn't work for you and you have a US Variant HTC One download the correct RUU for your device and reverse back to the original Rom. Which is really a long process but in the end its worth it...that website WWW.QBKING77.COM will have all the instructions you need to un-root unbrick your device than re-root and and toggle the S-OFF again...Just try to S-OFF before you go that route...and good luck...

Guest deeevan

Anyone who flashes beta 9 please check the following:

Google account sync status - are there any errors on the gpe side?

Persistent Notifications that you have disabled - are these persisting on one side and not the other?

Please note: xposed will not work on 4.3 for the time being.

Google account is OK for me, I believe the notification disabling has changed in 4.3, it warrants further investigation. :)

P

I assume this refers to unchecking the Show notifications checkbox in Settings > Apps?

I use this to disable the Power Saver notification in Sense. I'd be happy if my setting persisted in Sense and got lost in GPE (where the app doesn't exist), but sadly not.

Edited by deeevan

Guest Joeny217

OK here is a question to your guys which may sound silly but i am curious to know. What is Xposed and what does it do? I tried to look for it in the play store but I couldn't find it...

Guest DyManic

Erm how? The framework is not compatible with 4.3 and produces an error (so modules are not loaded)

Perhaps he isnt using Switch - Xposed works for me too, using 4.3 GE and the GravityBox Xposed mod at the moment.

Edited by DyManic

Guest Lennyuk

Perhaps he isnt using Switch - Xposed works for me too, using 4.3 GE and the GravityBox Xposed mod at the moment.

Stock gpe? or is it someone's custom 4.3 that had xposed already bundled with it?

Guest ssmithri2

I am traveling next week so I need to revert back to my US t-mobile rom... Because I need wifi calling.

Any gotchas in terms of restoring back to my rooted "stock" rom?

And / or if I do a backup in recovery, will I be able to come back to this setup after my trip?

Thanks!

Guest Lennyuk

I am traveling next week so I need to revert back to my US t-mobile rom... Because I need wifi calling.

Any gotchas in terms of restoring back to my rooted "stock" rom?

And / or if I do a backup in recovery, will I be able to come back to this setup after my trip?

Thanks!

Backup from recovery will restore your phone exactly as it is at the time the backup is taken - exactly! so if you play any games etc you will need to make sure you backup those with an app like titanium or you will find yourself a week or so out of date when you restore the backup from recovery.

As for going back to stock - just do a wipe/factory reset before flashing the rom and you are fine.

Guest buddy17

I know this means nothing towards the ROM itself, but can someone post the wallpaper used in the first post of this thread?? For some reason, I really like it lol