Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah, removing that from the instructions was accidental, i'll make sure I put it back!

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny thing is, I forgot to disable fastboot in beta 12 and potentially beta 10 and it switched fine.

Guest GenShard

Try to untick "compression" in TWRP if you haven't already that fixed the error for me when I had it.

A week or so later I turned it back on and it backed up fine.

EDIT: Actually I am starting to think that maybe the files are too large for TWRP to be able to tar (downside of Switch I guess) - I might be wrong, has anyone been able to take a compressed backup in TWRP since beta 10?

Meh switched to CWMR

Now that I am backed up I will see if that bootloops on return to sense happens. And it ain't helium. It was doing it to me before restore.

Guest GenShard
I s-off'd my HTC one and since it was a tmobile us phone I used the GPe wwe firmware. I loaded beta 13 without incident and decided to root it to restore my files from helium. Then I tried to switch to GPe 4.3 and upon returning to sense it boot looped. Had to factory reset and reinstall. Is this a known issue? Anyway staying on sense for now. Thanks for the insights.

Like you I have just installed 13 fresh plus SU then NoWP and huzzah same exact problem. No apps installed just the HTC login then google login in GpE. Bootloops as soon as I switch back to sense forcing nandroid recovery

Guest jawonder

Try to untick "compression" in TWRP if you haven't already that fixed the error for me when I had it.

A week or so later I turned it back on and it backed up fine.

EDIT: Actually I am starting to think that maybe the files are too large for TWRP to be able to tar (downside of Switch I guess) - I might be wrong, has anyone been able to take a compressed backup in TWRP since beta 10?

TWRP has been acting up lately with large files .

Paul, it's been great. However, this Rom has major connectivity issues on games released by the growing messenging service LINE. At least 2 games released by them (PogoPang, I love coffee) failed to connect when I'm in sense mode. Both works fine in GPe mode. Please take a look at this. I have encountered this issue since beta 9, and it is still there after 3 beta version update.

Guest johnp888

Like you I have just installed 13 fresh plus SU then NoWP and huzzah same exact problem. No apps installed just the HTC login then google login in GpE. Bootloops as soon as I switch back to sense forcing nandroid recovery

Yeah, I did notice when going to GPe it upgraded some apps. Then the bootloop when switching back. Stupid me didn't think about doing a backup, will do that. Planning on using tmobile us firmware next, not getting aws lte on Google edition wwe firmware, which I flashed because it had the right cid etc.

Guest GenShard

Weirdness upon weirdness after the failed 13 flash last night I restore my 13r backup.

And Lo and Behold I can switch, back and forth without a problem. How it's snuck in I'll never know. And after a bit of fiddling I've decided it's that Damned fracking kid mode that's causing the problem. Delete it and she will NOT switch back to sense.

Oddly my google music cache came back too

Weirdness upon weirdness after the failed 13 flash last night I restore my 13r backup.

And Lo and Behold I can switch, back and forth without a problem. How it's snuck in I'll never know. And after a bit of fiddling I've decided it's that Damned fracking kid mode that's causing the problem. Delete it and she will NOT switch back to sense.

Oddly my google music cache came back too

How did you delete it? I froze it in Titanium and have been switching fine (once I sorted out fastboot).

Edited by deeevan

Guest mbroeders

Paul, Lenny, I thought SuperSu had to be altered in order to work with Switch, right? If so, could the automatic updating of SuperSu (which I believe is enabled by default) be the cause of some of the problems that are reported? Just thinking...

Edited by mbroeders

Paul, Lenny, I thought SuperSu had to be altered in order to work with Switch, right? If so, could the automatic updating of SuperSu (which I believe is enabled by default) be the cause of some of the problems that are reported? Just thinking...

Automatic updating of SuperSU will not cause bootloops but may stop SWITCH from working. To solve just reflash the older SuperSU until Paul updates the zip in the first post.

Updating the app should not cause the switch issues but updating the binary inside the app might.

So im on beta 13 but its not switching to the gpe rom when i switch it boots back to the sense rom and i flashed the new supersu

Edited by khedir

So im on beta 13 but its not switching to the gpe rom when i switch it boots back to the sense rom and i flashed the new supersu

Have you made sure that fastboot is unticked in power settings?

Guest lightningz10

hi, i am currently running modaco switch beta 13 to my htc one.. iam able to boot to the gpe rom perfecly, however if i want to change back to my sense 5 rom it will go in to the boot loop, its stuck on the htc one logo. to solve this i need to do a restore from my previous back up from twrp.

and if im booted into the gpe rom my super su dissapears and i have to go back to the custom recovery to re-instal the super su..

can someone help with my problem? thankss

Guest MENINBLK

I've completely installed MoDaCo switch Beta 13 and I am really enjoying it.

I came across a problem enabling NFC.

Software says it is enabled but I do not get the 'N' on the bar at the top of the screen

and I cannot communicate with any other NFC devices.

NFC is not working in either the SENSE or GPe ROMs...

I CAN connect to other devices just fine with Bluetooth only, so the Bluetooth portion is working.

Is this something in the works or do I need an additional module for NFC to work ?

Pete...

Edited by MENINBLK

I've completely installed MoDaCo switch Beta 13 and I am really enjoying it.

I came across a problem enabling NFC.

Software says it is enabled but I do not get the 'N' on the bar at the top of the screen

and I cannot communicate with any other NFC devices.

NFC is not working in either the SENSE or GPe ROMs...

I CAN connect to other devices just fine with Bluetooth only, so the Bluetooth portion is working.

Is this something in the works or do I need an additional module for NFC to work ?

Pete...

The N in the notification bar is a carrier change stock rooms don't have it, it doesn't mean nfc isn't working. I use nfc every day and I have always made sure it works before letting Paul release an update.

If it's not working it is something to do with your phone and/or setup and not the rom.

Guest perfectB

I installed the newest Maps update on GPe and when I switched to Sense the app had disappeared again. I installed it from the Play store in Sense and it appears to be working at the moment but I haven't switched again.

I am running Beta 13. Google edition works great, but I'm unable to switch back into Sense edition. When I try, the phone reboots, runs a script in TWRP, then hangs on the white HTC One boot screen. I finally gave up and restored from a backup, which restarted in Google edition. I've got device info and logcat if you're interested. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

I installed the newest Maps update on GPe and when I switched to Sense the app had disappeared again. I installed it from the Play store in Sense and it appears to be working at the moment but I haven't switched again.

This is because 4.3 has a different maps version to older android builds.

I am running Beta 13. Google edition works great, but I'm unable to switch back into Sense edition. When I try, the phone reboots, runs a script in TWRP, then hangs on the white HTC One boot screen. I finally gave up and restored from a backup, which restarted in Google edition. I've got device info and logcat if you're interested. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

yes, please post what you have.

Guest MENINBLK

The N in the notification bar is a carrier change stock rooms don't have it, it doesn't mean nfc isn't working. I use nfc every day and I have always made sure it works before letting Paul release an update.

If it's not working it is something to do with your phone and/or setup and not the rom.

Can you elaborate a little ?? The only way to control NFC is through SETUP. I have it enabled which is the ONLY setting.

I cannot detect anything and other NFC devices cannot detect me.

NFC was working on the stock ROM so I know the phone is capable of NFC.

Can you elaborate a little ?? The only way to control NFC is through SETUP. I have it enabled which is the ONLY setting.

I cannot detect anything and other NFC devices cannot detect me.

NFC was working on the stock ROM so I know the phone is capable of NFC.

Yes you enable NFC in the settings and then it should work - the sensor is just under the camera on the HTC One.

If it is still not working for you then you will have to try a full wipe and re-flash as there is no reason why NFC will not work with SWITCH (like I said before, I personally tested it on all versions and use it every day).

You will never have an NFC icon on your notification bar whilst using SWITCH (or most generic stock, or custom roms).

Guest kolt2000

Everything works fine so far, the only thing that's not working is LTE/4G. I have a german/Vodafone One and LTE does not appear although it did with the stock ROM. I already updated the radio (4A.19.3263.13_10.38j.1157.04L )...

Thanks for any help!

Guest tonztime

Everything works fine so far, the only thing that's not working is LTE/4G. I have a german/Vodafone One and LTE does not appear although it did with the stock ROM. I already updated the radio (4A.19.3263.13_10.38j.1157.04L )...

Thanks for any help!

Have you looked in settings, mobile data, network mode to make sure GSM / WCDMA /LTE auto is selected? When I first installed switch it seems like this wasn't selected for me.

Hello,

I am on an htc one with S-off and root, I wiped my actual sense 5 rom then installed beta 13 with root support and boot. First it did well, it boot into sense and went to setup page but things got worst when i wanted to switch to GPe. It reboot and then went to the normal htc sense boot logo not the google one and get stuck for more than 10 minutes. I rebooted it several times, backup and flash it again but it didnt work. I have disabled fast boot.

I dont know if it's relevent but i flash a different kernel ( to map the htc logo : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2307371 )

I restored my backup and i hope you guys will help me figure out how to fix it :)

Thanks in advance, Nowahe