Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

I just noticed that I can't enable haptic feedback when I press the home and back buttons on the sense side, but it works fine on the gpe side. Is this a known issue?

Edited by Jcd1421

I just noticed that I can't enable haptic feedback when I press the home and back buttons on the sense side, but it works fine on the gpe side. Is this a known issue?

Works fine in Sense for me. Do you have power saver mode enabled, and have you checked the settings in there? I had to enable feedback in Sounds and disable the disabling in Power settings.

Guest inthenite42

Home button doesn't work for me in GPE anymore. Any fix for this? Might have already been addressed, so if there's a page number with the fix that'd be awesome. Don't want to search through 87 pages ;)

Home button doesn't work for me in GPE anymore. Any fix for this? Might have already been addressed, so if there's a page number with the fix that'd be awesome. Don't want to search through 87 pages ;)
Edited by Lennyuk

Works fine in Sense for me. Do you have power saver mode enabled, and have you checked the settings in there? I had to enable feedback in Sounds and disable the disabling in Power settings.

Silly me, that's what the problem was. Thanks.

I'm on beta 13 and noticed that I lose root privilege about 3-5 mins after reboot. I need to reinstall SuperSU1.60 to be able to get root again. Then it stays rooted for a few mins before loosing again. 

I have disabled supersu auto update from google play store. Doesn't work tho. Happened on both Sense and GPe. 

Any other suggestions? Appreciate if someone can point me to the solution, if it already exists. 

Edited by naza2

This doesn't work with Google Device Policy. My employer requires it for our Google Apps for Business account. Google Device Policy crashes on gPE if it's been setup with HTC Sense. When switching back to HTC Sense, I get logged out of my Google Account and have to go through Account Setup again.

Hopefully you can get this fixed, it's impossible for me to run Switch if I can't get my email on it.

This doesn't work with Google Device Policy. My employer requires it for our Google Apps for Business account. Google Device Policy crashes on gPE if it's been setup with HTC Sense. When switching back to HTC Sense, I get logged out of my Google Account and have to go through Account Setup again.

Hopefully you can get this fixed, it's impossible for me to run Switch if I can't get my email on it.

Would there be any issues with setting an exclusion file for it? I have no experience with Google Device Policy, so I don't know whether your phone would appear as 2 devices? Or maybe you can just leave it on for one ROM?

I have created a package which effectively gives you the S-OFF experience if you are S-ON.

Great concept, thank you for this! Had to get myself a One first, but jumped on this project right away. Took me a while to get it right, I'm S-on (impossible to go S-off on Hboot 1.54 I've understood?) and misread the second part of flashing the S-on support package. After the right flash, it switches like butter! Still, after playing with it for about a day, there are some topics searching the forum didn't answer so decided to weigh in on the discusion too.

First, and most important: when I flash the package from this post and I Nandroid back to another ROM, will I still have to ADB the command to get back to complete S-on? Will this work on 1.54 (opposed to the posts I've been reading you can't go S-off on 1.54?)

Second, you've replied already that the ROM should feel as responsive if not slighty better than stock ROM. I have to agree though with the previous user that indeed the ROM(s, both Sense and GPe) feel a little slugish at times. More so than other ROM I've tried before Switch (Android 4.3, Sense 5). Might this have something to do with the ROM not being odexed (yet)?

Anywho, I love the concept and hope you soon get out of Beta. Would be completely great you would be able to choose your own Sense ROM!

Guest y2jdmbfan

Any update on where we are at on development of this ROM? Any new beta's in the future? Also, are you going to include the latest GPe ROM soon? I'm running beta 13 and I keep getting notifications to install an update it has downloaded automatically, which I have been manually cancelling as I don't want to brick my device.

Thanks,

Y2J

I have been manually cancelling as I don't want to brick my device.

Actually about the first thing I did was installing the update to 4.3. Didn't break anything, worked as it should. The phone info afterwards says it's 4.3, although I don't know if that's actually true. Still, I was able to flash the update without any negative drawback

Beta 13 comes with a 4.3 GPE side already - there is a small OTA update to that GPE rom that is yet to be included, this is the OTA notification you have been getting - it will fail to install even if you tried to do it.

Paul will be providing updates in the future, I do not know when - for a while his life involved around SWITCH and he had no time (aside from his vacation) to do anything other than SWITCH, I assume he is just catching up with other work - this, after-al is his full time job and he has commitments he has to meet so SWITCH has had to take a back seat for the time being.

Guest PaulOBrien

Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things, but that includes the next update for Switch! Switch has always been about not just a single release for a device (or a couple of devices), but also about enabling the Switch concept for a wider audience. With that in mind, i've been porting the internal changes for Switch to use the Xposed Framework, a task that is about two thirds done (and has presented some interesting challenges!).

What does this mean? Primarily it means that the ROM(s) used by Switch can be updated completely independently of Switch itself, which means faster updates when new releases come out, but also the ability to use other custom ROMs in Switch. Which i'm sure you'll agree will be awesome. :)

I'm aware that a GPe OTA is now available and i'll be incorporating this into a new Beta shortly, as well as updating the main ROM as required.

Rest assured, more awesomeness is coming! Thanks for your support. :)

P

Sounds like great News, really looking forward to it!

Since I'm on S-ON due to HBOOT 1.54, I've "switched" to the Google Edition from Mike1986, having Support for the Flash Player included, and the Chance of flashing a modified Kernel.

But i'm missing the Opportunity to switch badly, so take your Time, but not too long. ^^

Guest thetechoftacos

LennyUk are you going to update the camera zip again? Because on the XDA camera leak thread I noticed an update on august 20th. Nevermind I updated myself.

Edited by thetechoftacos

Guest y2jdmbfan

Can someone give me a heads up on what the latest radio firmware is for the One. I can't seem to find any concrete info searching the forums, I have an AT&T One w/ S-Off & Beta 13, but I am pretty sure it is still running the stock AT&T radio firmware. I would have to believe there is a newer one, and with the generic LTE rather than the AT&T 4G/LTE logo.

Thanks,

Y2J

Edited by y2jdmbfan

Hopefully the Sense 4.3 update makes it into the next release :)

And any headway on the SMS/Caller data syncing across roms? That's really the only thing holding this back from perfection :D

Guest MENINBLK

Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things,

Hi Paul,

I appreciate everything you've done to make the HTC ONE a better device for us.

I've signed up for a MoDaCo GOLD account to help support your projects !  Thanks !!

LennyUk are you going to update the camera zip again? Because on the XDA camera leak thread I noticed an update on august 20th. Nevermind I updated myself.

I didn't realise there was an update - I can do though, if I get the time.