Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm also stuck on the Sense ROM.

How can I run the above commands without root? Can I run them via terminal emulator?

You don't need root and yes, running '/data/SWITCH/sense/firstrun.sense' from the Terminal Emulator app should also work.

P

Guest Seraphic

I'll look into that.

P

Unchecking all notification light options, coming out of the page and then going back in and re-enabling them resolves it.

Guest NeidRider

So, some more kernel-testing... With a custom kernel (faux, in this case), switching is disabled, i.e. not possible anymore. (WiFi is at least working, tho :). All the kernel-goodies are working tho.

Is there some adb-magic I can run to get switched anyway?

busybox is installed to "volatile" /system, so after a switch, it has to be reinstalled, it seems.

If I just copy the necessary files to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/, that should do, right?

Guest PaulOBrien

So, some more kernel-testing... With a custom kernel (faux, in this case), switching is disabled, i.e. not possible anymore. (WiFi is at least working, tho :). All the kernel-goodies are working tho.

Is there some adb-magic I can run to get switched anyway?

busybox is installed to "volatile" /system, so after a switch, it has to be reinstalled, it seems.

If I just copy the necessary files to /system/SWITCH/(gpe|sense)/, that should do, right?

At the moment bin / xbin are copied rather than symlinked like the other directories (required), I am going to change the script to move them which means changes will be preserved.

With regards to the kernel, can you do 'adb shell su -c cat /init.rc' and check the install-recovery.sh is still called? Maybe faux removed it from their ramdisk - Switch should be compatible with any kernel using a stock ramdisk. You can manually switch by doing 'adb shell su -c /system/etc/install-recovery.sh' after a failed Switch I suspect.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Unchecking all notification light options, coming out of the page and then going back in and re-enabling them resolves it.

Great, thanks. I suspect that due to the changes I made in one of the Betas to settings storage siloing, that won't be an issue for new iinstalls.

P

Guest robt772000

I have beta 5 running on my black Telstra one.

Cid:11111111

Mid: PN0714000

S-Off

Hboot: 1.54.0000 GE

Radio: 4A.17.3250.14

I can report that it runs well. Only issue for me is the contacts on sense rom and CWM asking me to install stock recovery so i switched to TWRP.

And also the widget issue.

Also I restored from Titanuim on GE rom with no issues.

Edited by robt772000

Guest NeidRider

With regards to the kernel, can you do 'adb shell su -c cat /init.rc' and check the install-recovery.sh is still called? Maybe faux removed it from their ramdisk - Switch should be compatible with any kernel using a stock ramdisk. You can manually switch by doing 'adb shell su -c /system/etc/install-recovery.sh' after a failed Switch I suspect.

Perfectly right you are!

init.rc seems to have changed, install_recovery.sh is not called.

Manually calling that script resulted in a successful switch :)

Ah... I'd have to get that into the boot.img, right?... Hm...

Edited by NeidRider

Guest Lennyuk

I am not convinced accounts are working 100% as they should be.

Firstly lets approach contacts:

I use Google contacts (like we all should), it doesn't seem to like to sync properly - well the phone has the contacts but the sense t9 dialer won't pick them up (maybe because "people details" doesn't seem to be syncing properly?

Anyway to fix this you have to set a contact to have at least one primary number and then re-sync with Google.

Second issue, linked to the above is People, if you long press a contact in people it force closes, is this just me?

I have not spent a lot of time in the GE rom yet to fully assess the dialler behaviour there - but I am looking into this now and will edit this post when I have a conclusion.

Guest PaulOBrien

Perfectly right you are!

init.rc seems to have changed, install_recovery.sh is not called.

Manually calling that script resulted in a successful switch :)

Ah... I'd have to get that into the boot.img, right?... Hm...

Well, there might be another way, try this (i'm assuming you've installed the kernel for the Sense ROM)...

adb shell
su
mkdir -p /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/init.d/
ln -s /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/init.d/00switch[/code]

Then see if that works!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I am not convinced accounts are working 100% as they should be.

Firstly lets approach contacts:

I use Google contacts (like we all should), it doesn't seem to like to sync properly - well the phone has the contacts but the sense t9 dialer won't pick them up (maybe because "people details" doesn't seem to be syncing properly?

Anyway to fix this you have to set a contact to have at least one primary number and then re-sync with Google.

Second issue, linked to the above is People, if you long press a contact in people it force closes, is this just me?

I have not spent a lot of time in the GE rom yet to fully assess the dialler behaviour there - but I am looking into this now and will edit this post when I have a conclusion.

Hmmm, interesting. The answer to this might be to add an exclusion to com.android.providers.contacts, which in reality probably won't have any ill effects as contacts are synced down anyway.

P

Someone has already mentioned this but when I switch from gpe to sense then back again I am loosing my email accounts (not the gmail) but the pop 3 accounts ive set up manually in the email app.

Jack

Guest Lennyuk

I don't have adb at work today, so can someone who does run this to see if it fixes the oddities in contacts in the sense boot.

adb shell touch /data/SWITCH/exclude/com.android.providers.contacts

Then switch a couple of times.

Clear contact storage in sense and resync with google

The above was from Paul.

EDIT:

Ran in terminal and it worked - sense contacts works as it should

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest PaulOBrien

Someone has already mentioned this but when I switch from gpe to sense then back again I am loosing my email accounts (not the gmail) but the pop 3 accounts ive set up manually in the email app.

Jack

Yep, a fix for this is in progress.

P

Guest UbuntuBhoy

Gimme a half hour to wake up Lenny and I will adb till your little heart is content mate.

Am I the only one catching 'random' reboots just after powering on or a Switch?

Guest PaulOBrien

Gimme a half hour to wake up Lenny and I will adb till your little heart is content mate.

Am I the only one catching 'random' reboots just after powering on or a Switch?

The switch process introduces one additional reboot on each Switch.

P

Guest jackos2500

I don't have adb at work today, so can someone who does run this to see if it fixes the oddities in contacts in the sense boot.

adb shell touch /data/SWITCH/exclude/com.android.providers.contacts

Then switch a couple of times.

The above was from Paul.

I added the exclusion but still no luck after switching from Sense to GPe and back to Sense again...

Guest Lennyuk

I added the exclusion but still no luck after switching from Sense to GPe and back to Sense again...

try clearing contact storage in sense and then resync with google.

Guest PaulOBrien

LennyUK has confirmed this resolves the contacts issue so i'll include it in Beta 6, which is shaping up to have quite a few fixes in. ;)

P

Guest UbuntuBhoy

The switch process introduces one additional reboot on each Switch.

P

Sorry, not very clear there. I don't mean the additional reboot on Switch, I mean the ROM loads and after a couple of minutes reboots. Happened once on sense, but a few times on GE. It then locks in a boot loop and needs a soft reboot. After that it runs fine.

Guest jackos2500

try clearing contact storage in sense and then resync with google.

Should have thought of that lol, that fixed T9 and long-pressing.

Guest NeidRider

adb shell

su

mkdir -p /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/init.d/

ln -s /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/init.d/00switch
Then see if that works!
Nope, doesn't. I have the same kernel running for both ROMs, did the changes on both, and they're loaded:

root@android:/ # ls -la /etc/init.d/00switch

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2013-07-22 10:45 00switch -> /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/install-recovery.sh

root@android:/ # ls -la /system/SWITCH/sense/etc/install-recovery.sh <

-rwxr-xr-x root root 104 2008-08-01 14:00 install-recovery.sh

Kicking it off by 'adb shell .... ' works everytime, though. Will keep trying.

=> shouldn't that link point to /etc/install-recovery.sh, perhaps?

Edited by NeidRider

Guest marmankites

What am I missing ?! :(

Haven't used ADB in ages, says device found? then not found?

CMD.jpg

Edited by marmankites