[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest jackosterman
0 0 android

0 1 adreno200.

Apologies, this is a double post of sorts. Anyone know what these values are set to by default with the Huawei stock?

Guest tillaz

i don't think some people actually understand the problem with the HWA, let me explain...

Force GPU render can be enabled via the build.prop with > persist.sys.ui.hw=1 no need to mess with the config file for the libs.

You know because the box is ticked in the dev settings after adding it and rebooting,

take note: you wont see the "force GPU render" option in the stock huawei ROM as they have removed it from the developer settings.

this ROM uses AOSP settings so you "will" see the option.

HWA is partially broken / disabled and it is due to huawei (i think its intentional)

apps that take advantage of HWA request it from the apps AndroidManifest.xml

like this

android:hardwareAccelerated="true"

when this is active and actually working apps that use the stock Holo theme will display the greyish background

but when is not working you will get a plain black background like in the stock Y300 roms, (easiest way to notice)

you can see for your self, take a look at your settings background (take note of the color)

go to > settings / developer settings / Force GPU Rendering (tick or un-tick the box)

now go to your home screen and hold the home button, swipe away all apps, re-open settings

ON / Working ========================== OFF/ Not Working

post-913969-0-26920900-1375112389_thumb. ========================== post-913969-0-89446300-1375112387_thumb.

the problem is that the above tag (android:hardwareAccelerated="true")

is ignored in huaweis stock ROM for the Y300 which results in no apps using it that request it...

and the only way for it work it to force enable it throughout the whole ROM from the dev settings which is not advised

and can cause problems, see below.

the "android:hardwareAccelerated=" tag is used individually in apps because its not a good idea to enable it globally because not all apps support it, and when enabled apps can use more RAM, but perform better if supported,

Read This http://developer.and...ware-accel.html From Google

this is not normal, and has nothing to do with Google or Qualcomm, i have never came across this problem on other 4.1 devices

and think huawei have disabled it intentionally because of the device only having 512mb, (stupid. i know)

also the fact they removed the option from the developer settings in there stock ROM, suggests its intentional.

Guest tillaz

So the stock Trebuchet launcher isn't included as a fall-back if I disable Nova? Just looking for the most vanilla android experience possible :)

This ROM is way more "vanilla android" (AOSP) than any stock Hauwei Y300, as they have totally altered the system for there EMUI

this rom replaces all that system stuff with pure android (AOSP). also trebuchet launcher is just like nova, its not stock AOSP,

you can get the AOSP 4.1 launcher from the play store

https://play.google....livers.launcher

I've just relized my phone says baseband unknown in settings/about that's never happened before.I have a UK y300 phone that is unlocked sim free

Should I install a European baseband

Thanks

No, this is not really a problem, just a graphical glitch that came from porting the AOSP settings, just ignore it for now.

Guest Laximus

Well I thought thats why Huawei made it to disable, because of the not enough RAM.

But if this ROM's kernel would support swap....

Is there any chance, Tillaz, that you can make a swap support kernel for this rom in the future update, because with Ramexpander could increase the Ram, and the performance will be better. (of course if it purchased)

I used it with my Y200, and it made the device very fast.

Or just to make a simple kernel wich is support swapping, I dont know which is more simple.

Maybe I am the only one, but I like the Huawei UI, so just a single swap kernel would be enough for me. =)

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Hey tillaz its great that you back on Stock Rom Modding :)

I liked it very much on my G300.

Now that i see you do a AOSP ''Look'' Rom on Stock based i buy in near time a Y300. Its available for 100-130€ :)

and look here http://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-huawei-ascend-y300/453711-rom-beta-fusionx-huawei-y300-stock-b190-tillaz-2.html there are crying for no care about the toggles :D:D

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest tillaz

Hey tillaz its great that you back on Stock Rom Modding smile.png

I liked it very much on my G300.

Now that i see you do a AOSP ''Look'' Rom on Stock based i buy in near time a Y300. Its available for 100-130€ smile.png

cool, i only paid £59.95 with free delivery from carphone warehouse

even tough it was bought on T- mobile it appears to be factory unlocked :)

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/HUAWEI_Y300

Guest tillaz

Well I thought thats why Huawei made it to disable, because of the not enough RAM.

But if this ROM's kernel would support swap....

Is there any chance, Tillaz, that you can make a swap support kernel for this rom in the future update, because with Ramexpander could increase the Ram, and the performance will be better. (of course if it purchased)

I used it with my Y200, and it made the device very fast.

Or just to make a simple kernel wich is support swapping, I dont know which is more simple.

Maybe I am the only one, but I like the Huawei UI, so just a single swap kernel would be enough for me. =)

that's the thing though, there is enough ram,

about swap: i'm no kernel dev so doubt i will be able to, but i will have a try :unsure:

have your tried this http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1659231 (for kernels that doesn't have swap partition support)

Guest tillaz

Maybe you can try to modify for example this Kernel to work with this ROM.

have you tried that kernel? apparently it works on stock Y300 so should work on here.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

cool, i only paid £59.95 with free delivery from carphone warehouse

even tough it was bought on T- mobile it appears to be factory unlocked :)

http://www.carphonew...nes/HUAWEI_Y300

whoa that only ca 70€ oO

i read it false :D

nice ! carphonehouse is here THEPHONEHOUS

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest Laximus

Maybe you can try to modify for example this Kernel to work with this ROM.

Yes I tried this before, swap is ok, but the colors has dissapeared. Its like washed and white on my Y300-0100.

Its like very high contrast or something like this, I dont understand. I read that this issue is only on Y300.

Maybe because its for G510, and the driver or the gamma settings are maybe not the same, I think...

Thank you anyway.

Tillaz: I will also read the link what you posted Tillaz, but its too long for now, when I go home I will check it. Thank you. =)

Guest ZolaIII

Apologies, this is a double post of sorts. Anyone know what these values are set to by default with the Huawei stock?

The first ones, that you did inquire in your post...

The meaning is:

0 0 android

0 1 adreno200

↑ no forced 2D render so the individual app preference is used.

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

have you tried that kernel? apparently it works on stock Y300 so should work on here.

The kernel works. Swapping works fine and does a good job to performance and multitasking. Also new schedulers and governors are available. But 2 big problems: The very bright and washed colors and the camera which doesn't work. Sometimes the camera forced reboot when i tried to open.

Guest Pierreism

Ok I've installed it along with a AOSP launcher but I can't figure out how to change back to the default Roboto font. Font apps cause my handset to infinitely reboot for some resason. Excellent ROM nevertheless. Silky smooth.

Edited by Pierreism

Guest Frankish

Tillaz no problems so far except my wifi signal seems weak maybe it's my location but can i just ask if you made any changes in regards to wifi? I'm guessing not as it's generally done kernel side iirc?

Guest Pierreism

use root explorer and change the font in font folder.

copy and paste original font (search on google)

oh, didn't think of that! Now I have a good, near-vanilla stop-gap before Cyanogenmod becomes available. Thanks a bunch tillaz!

Guest Pain_Deluxe

tillaz you should write in first post that people should dont use titanium backup for apps!

(Like on G300 Infusion because on bugs)

Guest jaller

I'm flashing this ROM now... but I have a Y300-0100 not a Y300-100 like it's write in the Disclaimer. It's different?

I have this model too (Y300-0100) installed correctly and no problem!!!

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Here :)

gckkco2w.jpg

@Tillaz Why are there 3 default_wallpaper.jpg in the framework-res.apk? :D

Edited by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Guest jackosterman

An odd little glitch on my end-- when toggling through brightness controls using either Power Toggles or the stock Power Controls widget, landing back on the 'untoggled' state won't restore your last manually set brightness level (as the B174 stock did), but rather defaults to a level just slightly right of zero. Not sure if others are experiencing this as well; obviously nothing major at any rate.

Guest tillaz

Here smile.png

gckkco2w.jpg

@Tillaz Why are there 3 default_wallpaper.jpg in the framework-res.apk? biggrin.png

for different screen density / tablets, huawei have included lost of stuff not needed. like mdpi and ldpi resources