[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Here is a very good tutorial for compiling android kernels using Linux. Doesn't look that hard and i would try to do by myself if i had a Linux running but maybe this could solve the problem with HWA.

The Kernel source is available on the Huawei page. (post above)

Guest TangerineTractor

Nice... and I have a relatively clear day at work! Will do a complete wrote and install as soon as it's available.

Guest Laximus

i think its a kernel change they have made to be honest :( wonder if i actually just ask them it they would tell me lol

I think you have to ask them! What can you/we lose? =)

Maybe they will not to tell you, but maybe YES!

Do ask them, in my opinion.

=)

Guest TangerineTractor

Is the B02 close to release or am I safe to go for a run?

If I were you, I'd use the imminent release of B02 as an excuse not to go for a run.

Guest antinbolon

Hi I have never flashed a phone before and want to replace stock with fusionx. Ive downloaded it to my sd card and using rom manager tried to install it. Once in recovery i get the option to install from sd but once i select the file it just says installation aborted am i doing something wrong?

Guest jackosterman

Being new to Modaco, I certainly see now why everyone got so excited when Tillaz popped up here. Can't wait for B02.

In the meantime, anyone run a v6 supercharger script on this ROM yet? That was on today's to-do list, but I might just wait now to play with the new beta.

Edited by jackosterman

Guest Frankish
Hi I have never flashed a phone before and want to replace stock with fusionx. Ive downloaded it to my sd card and using rom manager tried to install it. Once in recovery i get the option to install from sd but once i select the file it just says installation aborted am i doing something wrong?

First you need to unlock boot loader. Then you need to root and install a custom recovery. The stock android recovery will not flash this update.

take a look at this

check this out : http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Guest antinbolon

First you need to unlock boot loader. Then you need to root and install a custom recovery. The stock android recovery will not flash this update.

Yeah cheers I already rooted it just waiting on the code to unlock boot loader then will try again thanks for the help!

Guest jackosterman

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I had a moment to kill, so I tried and failed to run the supercharger script. [edit: didn't patch services.jar, will finish the job later] :wacko: I'd be curious to hear reports from others.

Edited by jackosterman

Guest jackosterman

Apologies to anyone that saw a new post and thought it was Tillaz. ;)

Anyone experiencing connectivity and/or gaming related battery drains? I have no problems whatsoever when simply mucking around, idle or in standby, but any "intensive" web browsing (loading multiple pages/tabs) on wifi will usually drain a percent every 5-7 minutes. Most notably, Angry Birds will often drain one percent each minute (I have AdAway installed, so it shouldn't be ad related). 3G's also somewhat iffier with the battery than I'd expect, but then I don't always get a great connection, so I'm not absolutely alarmed there. As the ROM was recently flashed, perhaps it's just calibration issues, but I figure I'd poll you guys. Really, it's mostly the Angry Birding that gives me pause.

Note: I am usually using the conservative CPU govenor. Thanks.

Edited by jackosterman

Guest Carlos_EVH
Apologies to anyone that saw a new post and thought it was Tillaz. ;)

Anyone experiencing connectivity and/or gaming related battery drains? I have no problems whatsoever when simply mucking around, idle or in standby, but any "intensive" web browsing (loading multiple pages/tabs) on wifi will usually drain a percent every 5-7 minutes. Most notably, Angry Birds will often drain one percent each minute (I have AdAway installed, so it shouldn't be ad related). 3G's also somewhat iffier with the battery than I'd expect, but then I don't always get a great connection, so I'm not absolutely alarmed there. As the ROM was recently flashed, perhaps it's just calibration issues, but I figure I'd poll you guys. Really, it's mostly the Angry Birding that gives me pause.

Note: I am usually using the conservative CPU govenor. Thanks.

I have the same problem.

Guest TangerineTractor

I have the same problem.

I had pretty fast battery drain on Stock 190 on 3g when I first installed it... I put it down to calibration... been ok since, but then I have flashed and reflashed a few times.

As Tillaz said, this rom is all interface tweaks at this stage, there are no performance related ones yet, so battery life shouldn't be too dissimilar to stock.

Guest icyice803

Tried it this day and it is awsemose. Very stable and smooth. Found two minor bugs: (1)Youtube is not working (2) Little weaker wifi signal strenght(¿placebo?)

Guest tillaz

Tried it this day and it is awsemose. Very stable and smooth. Found two minor bugs: (1)Youtube is not working (2) Little weaker wifi signal strenght(¿placebo?)

i never actually tried youtube on the initial release, but its working for me on the new version, have you done what is written under the download link?