Is my G300 dead?

Guest sashko69

Guest sashko69

Two days ago I connected my Ascend to a PC to copy some new ROM to a memory card. I've deleted some unnecessary files to make room for ZIP, start copying and at app. 97% done it says "disk is full" although it had almost 2GB of free storage. I thought it might be a bad memory card and disconnected phone from PC to remove it and insert another one. Then I realised that LED is still red, like while it was connected. I've tried to wake it by pressing POWER, and nothing happened. Then I removed and re-inserted battery, pressed POWER again - still nothing. I've connected it to the charger - no response, no LED indicator. Then I've tried to enter recovery, fastboot, download modes, nothing. After that, I reconnected it to USB and computer says "USB device found", installed some drivers and said everything is OK, although it was powered off.

So, my question is, obviously - should I trow it to a garbage can, or it still can be saved? I must say I'm a rather experienced Android phones user, and this definetly lookes like a hardware failure or maybe a dead battery to me, but I hope somebody had a similar problem and might have some kind of advice or even solution.

Guest krishang3

This seems a lot like hardware failure but before we jump into that, try ordering a new battery to check, as you did nothing to your device so yeah, if it still doesn't boot well it a probably hardware issues

Guest sharkyo01

Two days ago I connected my Ascend to a PC to copy some new ROM to a memory card. I've deleted some unnecessary files to make room for ZIP, start copying and at app. 97% done it says "disk is full" although it had almost 2GB of free storage. I thought it might be a bad memory card and disconnected phone from PC to remove it and insert another one. Then I realised that LED is still red, like while it was connected. I've tried to wake it by pressing POWER, and nothing happened. Then I removed and re-inserted battery, pressed POWER again - still nothing. I've connected it to the charger - no response, no LED indicator. Then I've tried to enter recovery, fastboot, download modes, nothing. After that, I reconnected it to USB and computer says "USB device found", installed some drivers and said everything is OK, although it was powered off.

So, my question is, obviously - should I trow it to a garbage can, or it still can be saved? I must say I'm a rather experienced Android phones user, and this definetly lookes like a hardware failure or maybe a dead battery to me, but I hope somebody had a similar problem and might have some kind of advice or even solution.

Sounds dead to me... Another to add to the collection. Couple of questions,

Where do you live and how old is the phone? - Just data for my chart and also I maybe able to aid what to do next. :)