Please help me to fix my WI-FI

Guest aimanmahir

Guest aimanmahir

Hello ,, I have a Huawei G300 phone and I have a question about it ..

After I made a Root I noticed that when turning Wi-Fi on it takes about 30 seconds and then shows me an " Error" then when I press it again it works and communicates with the Internet Router!

What is the solution to this problem ???

Guest Voxpop2011

I too am experiencing post-root problems with my G510. It keeps dropping the connection and I have to turn off and turn on wi-fi. I am beginning to suspect that the root exploit has some 'instability' as this is the second time I have rooted with the same problems beginning to creep back.

Guest dalyer

What version of android you on? Also have you unlocked the phone if so how did you do it?

I think this means have you unlocked the BOOTLOADER and if so how did you do it?

Basically you need to post a lot more info about what ROM is running on the phone and what unlocking/hacking steps you took to date.

Guest aimanmahir

I use GB 2.3.6 official ROM i did not inistalled any custom Rom before .. .. I bought the phone unloked ... when phone starts it givs me Huawei logo .. I cleared the cache and still same problem but i do not know what is the dalvik cache ! & how to clear it ?

Guest george109

I use GB 2.3.6 official ROM i did not inistalled any custom Rom before .. .. I bought the phone unloked ... when phone starts it givs me Huawei logo .. I cleared the cache and still same problem but i do not know what is the dalvik cache ! & how to clear it ?

The dalvik cache is basically a list of things that apps need and depend on, it helps to clear it if you ever have problems.

Do you have CWM recovery?

To find out if you do, turn off the phone and take out the battery, wait 10 seconds and then put it back in and then hold the volume up key and then the power button, and keep holding it until you get to a screen, If you have the stock recovery, you should see a screen like this:post-1000829-0-65906200-1375478983_thumb

The last option should be

Touchscreen Firmware Update 

If it looks different, then you have a non stock recovery.

If you go to the animated boot screen, try again :)

If you have the stock recovery, then follow this guide on how to flash CWM.

Ignore the part after the :excl: symbols.

Now, go into mounts and storage, and then go to wipe Dalvik Cache.

Then scroll to Yes. Use the volume buttons to scroll and the home button to select.

Hope that helps :)

Guest aimanmahir

Ok.. i have the stock recovery ... but there will be a problem if i installed CWM recovery ,,, this will void the phone warranty ! :(

I wonder if i can restore my stock recovery if i installed CWM ?

Guest dalyer

Ok.. i have the stock recovery ... but there will be a problem if i installed CWM recovery ,,, this will void the phone warranty ! :(

I wonder if i can restore my stock recovery if i installed CWM ?

Can't you always force restore stock B952 if necessary (e.g. you have to return the phone for some reason)?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Guest aimanmahir

But this link is for ICS not GB !

and i did not understand what you mean by stock B952 ?!

sorry but i am new with this phone :unsure:

Guest u8815-15

But this link is for ICS not GB !

and i did not understand what you mean by stock B952 ?!

sorry but i am new with this phone :unsure:

He means that this is the link that you will use incase something happens to your phone. This will reset everything on your phone to the default ICS or Android Icecreamsandwhich 4.0.

Guest aimanmahir

But when i bought the phone it was on android 2.3.6 Rom ,, and when i use this link to update it will make it android 4.0 !

so the question is : when update from GB to ICS manually in home is this voids the warranty ?

Also some says that the G300 using GB is smoother than using it with ICS and this makes me uncomfortable to upgrade !

Guest u8815-15

Guest george109

But when i bought the phone it was on android 2.3.6 Rom ,, and when i use this link to update it will make it android 4.0 !

so the question is : when update from GB to ICS manually in home is this voids the warranty ?

Also some says that the G300 using GB is smoother than using it with ICS and this makes me uncomfortable to upgrade !

It will not void the warranty, as it is an official stock ROM. Also you can always downgrade to Gingerbread again after you upgrade.

Guest aimanmahir

Thank you for your help and the usefull links friends ,,,

but i did not understand what does B883 or B886 means ?

Do you know where to get official android 2.3.x Roms for G300 ? Especially that I live in the middle east not europe. I saw many of 2.3.x roms but it was for UK versions or spain or.... or ... !

Guest dalyer

BXXX are the version numbers of Huawei stock ROMs.

B8XX ROMs are Gingerbread 2.3.* ROMs.

B9XX ROMs are Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.* ROMs.

If you want GB then why not use AtomicMod?

http://www.modaco.co...baseband-gbics/

However you can get several different stock ROMs (either original update.app packages or CWM/TWRP repack ZIPs) from this forum and elsewhere if you search/Google.

The "UK" version of a stock ROM may also support other languages - I'm not sure.

Edit: not sure if this list (e.g. "unbranded" stock GB) is of any use?

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-custom-roms-stock-roms/

Hope this helps,

Edited by dalyer

Guest aimanmahir

Yes sure it helps .... now what is the best for me to fix my wi-fi is it :

1-install CWM recovery ?

or

2-install a Gingerbread stock Rom ?

& if i installed stock rom it will be un-rooted ... & when i do the root the same problem could occur again !

Edited by aimanmahir

Guest aimanmahir

I tried installing CWM as in the link that MR.george 109 told me to follow it... but when i try to enter the recovery mood by pressing : vol+ & power button i get stuck in hwawei logo and the LED color is yellow !,,, no CWM options appears !

what to do ?

Guest george109

I tried installing CWM as in the link that MR.george 109 told me to follow it... but when i try to enter the recovery mood by pressing : vol+ & power button i get stuck in hwawei logo and the LED color is yellow !,,, no CWM options appears !

what to do ?

Have you unlocked your bootloader? If you haven't then try my tutorial from the start, and if you don't understand anything, just ask me :)

Guest aimanmahir

I made everything that you rote .. but i was getting stuck after writing : fastboot oem get-bootinfo

it shows :

just 3 points !

Guest george109

I made everything that you rote .. but i was getting stuck after writing : fastboot oem get-bootinfo

it shows :

just 3 points !

Is the phone in fastboot mode, and have you installed the drivers?