[CM 10.1] How to go back from CM 10.1 to Stock Rom / Does CM hinder the possibility to introduce unlock codes? (phone's blocked to Vodafone PT)

Guest MiLiPa

Guest MiLiPa

Hey guys,

It took a while but I figured out what was my password here!

I'm in need of urgent help. I have a terrible, terrible short memory for everything tech-wise (too busy with other stuff) and if you asked me how did I manage to root my phone, and install CM Rom on it, back in March I am simply unable to give you an answer. Nor did I save any links. So basically I'm left with a rooted phone I have no idea how to work it to change of ROM.

So, forgive me for these questions:

---

1 - How do I go back to a Stock Rom (and hopefully I've stored the original IMEI, I've been thinking about that for a while now... but if it shows up when I dial *06# it's probably okay, right?) when I have my phone rooted and with CM 10.1 (with Jelly Bean) installed?

1.1 - I'm asking this because I'm moving to Brazil in Tuesday (hence the urgency, I'd be really happy if you could help me out pronto) and I'm only back to Portugal in January. I wanted to unlock the phone from Vodafone Portugal's terrible branding/lock so I could use a Brazilian SIM card while there. The thing is: before I bought codes from the stickied thread in this section, I tried to insert another network's SIM card, to see if the phone would prompt me to introduce an unlock code. It didn't. It was supposed to, judging from the other posts around Modaco.

Does CM hinder the ability to introduce unlock codes? Or it is hidden? Because if there was a way to unlock the phone without resorting to the Stock Rom I'd be glad and leave it like that.

2 - It would be great if I solved 1. and 1.1... but I'm wondering: isn't the G300 terribly slow with Android 4? It's ridiculous, it isn't a great phone, but it sure isn't supposed to work like this... sometimes I can hardly use the phone.

---

Thank you guys, I really look forward to your reply. I desperately need this until Sunday, because I'm traveling to Lisbon in Monday to get the plane, if you help me out and you happen to be in South America, and near, I'll pay you... 2 beers, at least!

Edited by MiLiPa

Guest plewis1981

You can flash any STOCK based ROM in CWM to gave you the oppertunaty to enter the unlock code. Once you have unlocked your phone may I suggest Slim Bean 4.2.2 by telonius I have been running it for over a month noe and all is good :)

Guest george109

If you want to completely reset the phone then you can do an update.app. This will let you unlock the network too, and it will not change your IMEI, as I have done this. You can get the steps by following only this post: www.modaco.com/topic/362821-tutorial-how-to-officially-unlock-the-bootloader-with-definitions-relock-guide-included/#entry2128104

If you have any questions, just ask :)

Guest kyan31

You don't have to use an update.app as that will remove root and CWM which you might want to keep. What you can do instead is follow what 'plewis1981' said as his is the quickest and easiest. I'll write the exact steps needed below:

(These steps will wipe yours phones apps, contacts etc. but your SD card data will not be touched)

1. Download the ICS B960 repack and put it on your phone's SD card

2. Boot into recovery (if on CM, just press reboot to recovery. If not, turn the phone on while holding the volume up button)

3. Do all the wipes written below

- wipe data/factory reset

- /system

- wipe cache

- wipe dalvik cache

- wipe cust (not needed but I do it anyway)

4. Press install ROM from zip and locate the downloaded ROM. Select it and install. Wait patiently until its done and reboot.

Thats all, you should now be on stock B960. These instructions also apply to any ROM on the forum, so if you feel like installing SlimBean etc, use these same steps :)

Guest MiLiPa

Thank you everyone! I followed Kyan and Plewis' advice and got the stock rom working. When inserted a different SIM card (non-Vodafone) it asks me for an unlock code, so it is working.

Plewis, I'll probably try that ROM you suggested, CM was really heavy for the g300, this new stock ROM is so much faster than CM and the older ROMs, it's like a new phone.

Anyway, guys, and just before I order my code: I need your help really fast as in less than 48 hours I'm catching the plane :P

---

I don't recall what I've done while rooting and installing a different ROM for the first time in this g300. My question is: could I have wiped my IMEI? I mean, when I dial *06# an IMEI shows up, and it isn't just "zero" or anything, so I'm guessing it's the true IMEI. But could I have changed it without wanting to? Or it's very unlikely?

If this is the IMEI that shows up on the phone while dialing that sequence, then the unlock meant for that IMEI will inevitably work, regardless of having been changed or not, right?

P.S - I have a folder called 5IROM, so I'm guessing I did back up the IMEI. But either way, how can I make sure everything's working fine?

Edited by MiLiPa

Guest dalyer

The IMEI should be on the sticker under the battery - check that against what *#06# gives you. If they match then you're fine. Some of the older methods of switching between ROMs and doing other manipulations on the phone can involve the IMEI being changed or zeroized but at this stage it's best to avoid these as they are risky and there are normally better/safer ways to do the same thing.

Hope this helps.

Guest plewis1981

Just thought I would mention that any 4.2.2 ROM based on Dazozzo's CM10.1 ( EG, Slim Bean / Pac ) will unlock the device to all networks

So if you do have any problems you could flash one of these in recovery and you phone will automatically be unlocked

Edited by plewis1981

Guest MiLiPa

Really? I had no idea that was possible. I'll look on to that right away. Only thing that bothers me is that the phone is so, so much smoother right now, it pains me to put any CM on it because it was terrible for the phone's reliability/performance.

Guest dalyer

Just thought I would mention that any 4.2.2 ROM based on Dazozzo's CM10.1 ( EG, Slim Bean / Pac ) will unlock the device to all networks

But only while such a ROM is installed and not permanently as happens with an unlock code?

If so then I'd be inclined to just spend the €5 or whatever it costs to get an unlock code from KorterGSM.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362050-modaco-approved-huawei-unlock-codes-request-here-375/

Guest MiLiPa

I'm really keen on keeping a stock rom while in Brazil because I don't want to be messing around with a computer for the time being, battling against some malfunctioning ROM there. Not that such is the case with that ROM, but if I read well the 4.2.2 is still kind of shaky. I ordered an unlock code from Korter, lets hope it works nicely!

P.S - 4.40€

Edited by MiLiPa