[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

This is an experimental feature :D.

How to activate UI GPU rendering?

As there reads in OP, OpenGL rendering and hardware acceleration are both working. If Cm10.2 is too slow, use Cm10, its the fastest and smoothest rom for this device :).

Guest KriszWake

Heyhey everyone. Just get here by a friend's link who works on other ZTE phones. And just saw that there is a newer version for the Cyagen that i use. -this one :_D-
When i installed the 10.0 there was an individual "update" .zip, that put the app back to the phone that can save and recover all my SMS, Phone numbers etc... May i use it with this version too, or i have to donwload a simmilar app from google store? I'm preparing my device right now, just were curious if someone hangig there and answer it while i doing my preparations. Thanks :3

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Well, now I've gone and done it.

If you have an Acqua, poke your (mouse) pointer at this
Because:

I added a line in the build.prop that forces phone mode view.

# Force Phone Mode

ro.screen.layout=normal

The phone now wakes up. Especially when there is an automated voice or menu. I've tried it with a proper person to person phone call too, and it goes to sleep after some seconds (good), and when I want to wake it up, a short press of the power button does the trick. I was up all night trying to make a zip and everything (with files from my stock ROM being used in the zip), but it wasn't necessary. That'd be <another expletive> right. I'd just need to ask a little advice as to whether that's actually a proper workaround, or whether it's bad for the phone in some way. I can't see any obvious drawbacks, but I'm amazed that fix was this simple.

fell off. It didn't seem to like my build.prop changes for long. Don't know why. So I pulled out a comprehensive fix which used proximity drivers from my ZTE Acqua Stock ROM. Should still work for all Acquas (can't see a reason why not). Instructions are in a new thread over in the Acqua forum.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT
New build. Issues with sound recorder fixed, probably VoIP too (untested). There were some audio features enabled by default that are not supported/working on our platform. Could someone test VoIP/Viber and report back. If it doesn't work, please attach a logcat. I also rotated front facing camera sensor by 180 degrees. Someone with an Acqua should test if front facing camera is now working properly in stock/third party camera apps.

cm-10.2-20131011-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:c76d9a54a693839ffe9c80f3521c7eb6

-fixed various issues with audio (sound recorder, VoIP?)
-rotate front facing camera sensor 180 degrees
-android 4.3.1

Guest MJonMoDaCo

New build. Issues with sound recorder fixed, probably VoIP too (untested). There were some audio features enabled by default that are not supported/working on our platform. Could someone test VoIP/Viber and report back. If it doesn't work, please attach a logcat. I also rotated front facing camera sensor by 180 degrees. Someone with an Acqua should test if front facing camera is now working properly in stock/third party camera apps.

cm-10.2-20131011-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:c76d9a54a693839ffe9c80f3521c7eb6

-fixed various issues with audio (sound recorder, VoIP?)
-rotate front facing camera sensor 180 degrees
-android 4.3.1

Shot Bro. Rock 'n' Roll.

Tried the Sound Recorder. Saves to /mnt/sdcard as recording-<random number>.3gpp

Also has a Discard/Done dialog which wasn't present before. I've also tested the Camera, using both Stock and Camera ICS (suggested by bamdad). Both are able to take pictures upside-down (if that's what you're referring to), but the "selfie" camera view gives a force close in both apps. But since I don't really care about selfies, it's hardly a loss for me... But I'm thinking a few of your fans are choking on their dinner by now. Yet another driver problem perhaps? Good job anyway. Hopefully this will be an end to the random Voice Dialer commands during the phone sleeping.

Looking forward to some hopefully good news from the Viber users.

Guest KonstaT

I've also tested the Camera, using both Stock and Camera ICS (suggested by bamdad). Both are able to take pictures upside-down (if that's what you're referring to), but the "selfie" camera view gives a force close in both apps. But since I don't really care about selfies, it's hardly a loss for me... 

Err, I don't understand. "Selfie" camera is the front facing camera. How can you take any pictures with the front facing camera if it causes a force-close on all apps?

Is the front facing camera any different to what it was in previous builds? I rotated it 180 degrees. I was under the impression it was upside down before, it shouldn't be anymore. Logcat on the force-close on stock camera app?

Could someone Acqua owner run test this app on the front facing camera and post the results (screenshot should be fine).

Rename .zip -> .apk and install like any regular app.

VideoChatCameraTestApp.zip

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Err, I don't understand. "Selfie" camera is the front facing camera. How can you take any pictures with the front facing camera if it causes a force-close on all apps?

Is the front facing camera any different to what it was in previous builds? I rotated it 180 degrees. I was under the impression it was upside down before, it shouldn't be anymore. Logcat on the force-close on stock camera app?

Could someone Acqua owner run test this app on the front facing camera and post the results (screenshot should be fine).

Rename .zip -> .apk and install like any regular app.

Sure, here you go. Hope its what you need. I don't have paste bin account so renamed logfile to txt.

logcat.txt

Edit: noticed new zip file and I'll try it out and report back if nobody makes any headway in the meantime.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT

Sure, here you go. Hope its what you need. I don't have paste bin account so renamed logfile to txt.

attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Edit: noticed new zip file and I'll try it out and report back if nobody makes any headway in the meantime.

First of all, it's from a wrong build.

I/cm      (  144): Welcome to Android 4.3 / CyanogenMod-10.2-20130921-KonstaKANG-atlas40 

Second, there isn't even any camera app launched in that log.

Could someone clarify this Acqua camera situation. Have I misunderstood this in some way?

Rear camera (regular camera) - OV5640-5.0Mp-AF - works normally

Front camera (selfie camera) - OV7692-0.3Mp-FF - upside down (or at least was?)

Is this correct?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

First of all, it's from a wrong build.

I/cm      (  144): Welcome to Android 4.3 / CyanogenMod-10.2-20130921-KonstaKANG-atlas40

I saw by the time I got to flash my zip that a certain build.prop file resides inside still. Since I told you that I'll remake the zip without the build.prop I'll have to work from there. Although I updated it for my phone at least... Just going to see if it works without build.prop before reuploading.

Second, there isn't even any camera app launched in that log.

Yep. Force closed first time I tried it and so quite possibly didn't launch by the time I tried a logcat. I did it thru terminal emulator. I just saw a bunch of references to the word 'camera' and thought it may have been enough. Hindsight shows you needed the app to launch and then switch to correct camera view. Since closing gallery app didn't allow me access again, I've had to try again with new flash, just not yet (nowhere near home). Perhaps papars has the answer anyway.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Thanks for the ROM.

On Acqua I checked the front camera.

With "CameraZoom Fx" the picture is upside down and the application settings to correct this have no effect.

With built in camera application when I select the front camera phone crashes with "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" error

While on the camera subject, can the wrong EXIF info be fixed?  When photos are uploaded to dropbox all have the same file name (2002-12-08...)Log_2013-10-11_22-28-45.rar

Guest SandStorm_RS

I'll test it when I get home and see how's the camera working.
The 3rd +prty app i used was Camera 360, so, who already have this rom and make a fresh install of Camera 360 can check.how the viewfinder is working.

Guest SandStorm_RS

Do I have to wipe out everything before install updated version?

Is recommended. But i've been doing "dirty flashes" (= not wiping) and all is fine. But to make sure there are no conflicts or whatever, a whipe still recomended.-

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for the ROM.

On Acqua I checked the front camera.

With "CameraZoom Fx" the picture is upside down and the application settings to correct this have no effect.

With built in camera application when I select the front camera phone crashes with "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" error

While on the camera subject, can the wrong EXIF info be fixed?  When photos are uploaded to dropbox all have the same file name (2002-12-08...)attachicon.gifLog_2013-10-11_22-28-45.rar

It crashes because there's no camera profiles for front facing camera (I removed them on day one because Blade III doesn't have one). This should fix it (/system/etc/media_profiles.xml). But the latest build makes no difference how the front facing camera works? It's still upside down?

Camera is nothing but prebuilt blobs from stock ICS. I doubt exif data or anything else is fixable.

Thanks.  This fixes the front camera.

Portrait picture is shown correctly.

The EXIF problem is 'fixed' with "Acer EXIF Fixup" found in Play store.  It corrects the info after the picture is taken.  Seems to be a general android problem.

While on the camera subject.  Is it me doing something wrong?

I take pictures by holding the phone sideways.

When I try to view them in Gallery the phone will not allow me to view them sideways (landscape - as I took them).  It rotates them clockwise 90 degrees.

Can I stop / correct this?

Guest SandStorm_RS

Stock app front camera preview in portrait pefect.Picture correct.

tilting in landcape, the front camera tilts the other way (i see my ugly face flipped) but it takes the picture correctly. And this is what matters.

I'm happy with the work done, congratulations :D

On Camera 360, all correct.

Guest epyloxias

Sorry dudes... But in my Acqua when i pressed front camera, force closed the application and camera doesn't open... Even after restart of the phone... Trying to find somewere here a fix that has been posted. Strange but my camera works with picsart app.

Guest epyloxias

epy, place that XML file shared by Konsta on your phone /system/etc folder. Use root explorer app for that.

Then, reboot your phone.

It says "file system is read-only".