[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Hello just wanted to say theres a small bug on this rom,when you try to lower your volume and click that small button to make volume expandable it just freezes and dissapears after few seconds(thats the first time when you use that option),when you use it second time it just expands a little bit not showing all the options.

Just wanted to share,if you can fix it it'd be great :D

Meh, falls into the category of non-device specific issues. Who ever broke it can fix it. ;)

Just select expanded as volume panel style in sound settings if it bothers you too much.

Since bootooth is considered fixed now, can we expect FM Radio any time soon? I saw you mentioning quallcomm has to update some driver for that to happen, so any news here? Maybe some new device came out that this can be copied over from (just a guess)?

FM Radio is already halfway fixed. Still not getting any audio out of it but at least I have good ideas why. Qualcomm has quite extensively changed how FM volume control works on 4.3 (there's no separate FM stream anymore and no API to set FM volume). It might be quite tricky (or even impossible?) to make it work on our msm7x27a audio HAL (as it's not officially supported by Qualcomm in Android 4.1+). I might try porting the old solution (that I used in CM10/CM10.1) next if this doesn't work.

This ROM is built from the source, it's not 'copied over' from some other device. ;)

100+ downloads and no feedback on the bluetooth? Does A2DP headsets work here? How about (any) other bluetooth devices? Like said, I don't have too many bluetooth device to test with. I'd rather have some input now than after switching CM10.1 to bluedroid and getting sh*t for breaking bluetooth there. :P

One ill effect I've noticed so far is that device doesn't enter deep sleep when bluetooth is enabled (doesn't happen with bluez).

100+ downloads and no feedback on the bluetooth? Does A2DP headsets work here? How about (any) other bluetooth devices? Like said, I don't have too many bluetooth device to test with. I'd rather have some input now than after switching CM10.1 to bluedroid and getting sh*t for breaking bluetooth there. :P

One ill effect I've noticed so far is that device doesn't enter deep sleep when bluetooth is enabled (doesn't happen with bluez).

I will install this today(hopefully)and I will try BT with my A2DP stick. And with Blade I too ;)

Guest RandomShape

when i connect wi fi, open game, and game need internet connetion, wi fi just disconnect, and nothing. i must reset my router, and do the same. and, BANG, wifi bugged, and disconnectagain, and again and again. what should i do?

Okay: BT A2DP playback works with my BT-stick. Blade III finds Blade I and vice versa. I havent tried file transfer yet.

But at all: BIG thanks for the BT fix :)

Guest igortiger

Worked like a charm. I can hear again. ;-) Thanks man. Cheers. :-D

Hey, how exactly do I get this to fix my audio issue. I have the same issue where I'm not getting sound related to text messages or emails. I downloaded the file and did a flash. But still nothing.

Thanks in advance, Igor

I'm able to pair with a keyboard and mouse, but unable to use them.

I am however able to connect to my laptop and receive files and send audio.

What kind of devices exactly? Do they work with CM10/CM10.1? Logcat?

Our kernel is still missing uhid driver that is needed with bluedroid stack for at least bt keyboards. I can compile a kernel with that if you're willing to test? I don't have the hardware so I can't test myself.

Hey, how exactly do I get this to fix my audio issue. I have the same issue where I'm not getting sound related to text messages or emails. I downloaded the file and did a flash. But still nothing.

No such issue. Install nothing but packages in the first post following instructions in the third post.

Okay: BT A2DP playback works with my BT-stick. Blade III finds Blade I and vice versa. I havent tried file transfer yet.

One thing yet: While I turn wifi on and I am routing music to my BT-stick, music playback breaks. No difference is my device connected to wlan or not. This happens with cm10 too. What could this be caused by?

Aaargh! Edited by peetu20

One thing yet: While I turn wifi on and I am routing music to my BT-stick, music playback breaks. No difference is my device connected to wlan or not. This happens with cm10 too. What could this be caused by?

You could try reducing sampling rate for a2dp. Edit /system/etc/audio_policy.conf and remove 48000 so that part looks like this:

a2dp {
outputs {
primary {
sampling_rates 44100
channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP
flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY
}
}
}
[/CODE]

You could try reducing sampling rate for a2dp. Edit /system/etc/audio_policy.conf and remove 48000 so that part looks like this:

a2dp {

outputs {

primary {

sampling_rates 44100

channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO

formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT

devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP

flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_PRIMARY

}

}

}

Thanks, I will try that ;).

Guest thafslun

What kind of devices exactly? Do they work with CM10/CM10.1? Logcat?

Our kernel is still missing uhid driver that is needed with bluedroid stack for at least bt keyboards. I can compile a kernel with that if you're willing to test? I don't have the hardware so I can't test myself.

I'm able to use a Logitech wireless mouse and an Apple keyboard both in the original 4.0.4 rom and in CM10.1, but not in CM10.2.

I am however able to use both a USB keyboard and USB mouse using a OTG cable in CM10.2.

Here are the logcats: https://www.dropbox....znu/bt-test.zip

Here is the unsuccessful BT mouse connection in CM10.2, looks like the uhid driver is missing also for the mouse:

D/BluetoothAdapterProperties( 1057): CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGE: 00:07:61:CF:42:18: 1 -> 0

D/BluetoothAdapterService(1107784336)( 1057): Get Bonded Devices being called

D/BluetoothAdapterProperties( 1057): getBondedDevices: length=1

D/BluetoothInputDevice( 3128): connect(00:07:61:CF:42:18)

D/HidService( 1057): Connection state 00:07:61:CF:42:18: 0->1

W/HidService( 1057): no state change: 1

D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 3128): Command sent successfully:CONNECT Address:00:07:61:CF:42:18 Profile:HID

D/BluetoothAdapterProperties( 1057): CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGE: 00:07:61:CF:42:18: 0 -> 1

D/BluetoothAdapterService(1107784336)( 1057): Get Bonded Devices being called

D/BluetoothAdapterProperties( 1057): getBondedDevices: length=1

I/LocalBluetoothProfileManager( 3128): Failed to connect HID device

D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 3128): onProfileStateChanged: profile HID newProfileState 0

D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 3128): onProfileStateChanged: profile HID newProfileState 1

W/bt-btif ( 1057): new conn_srvc id:23, app_id:1

W/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_open: Found an existing device with the same handle dev_status = 2

W/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_open:	 bd_addr = [00:07:61:CF:42:]

W/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_open:	 attr_mask = 0x0075, sub_class = 0x80, app_id = 1

E/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_open: Error: failed to open uhid, err:No such file or directory

W/bt-btif ( 1057): btif_hh_upstreams_evt: BTA_HH_OPN_EVT: handle=0, status =0

W/bt-btif ( 1057): BTA_HH_OPEN_EVT: Error, failed to find the uhid driver...

W/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_close: dev_handle = 0, app_id = 1

W/bt-btif ( 1057): bta_hh_co_close: Found an existing device with the same handle dev_status = 0, dev_handle =0

E/bt-btif ( 1057): uhid_write: Cannot write to uhid:Bad file number

D/HidService( 1057): Connection state 00:07:61:CF:42:18: 1->0

I also tried my OBDII dongle in my car and that is also working fine in CM10.2! :-)

Edited by thafslun

I'm able to use a Logitech wireless mouse and an Apple keyboard both in the original 4.0.4 rom and in CM10.1, but not in CM10.2.

I am however able to use both a USB keyboard and USB mouse using a OTG cable in CM10.2.

just out of curiosity, are you using an externally powered otg cable?

Here is the unsuccessful BT mouse connection in CM10.2, looks like the uhid driver is missing also for the mouse:

Yeah, looks like it. Here's a kernel with uhid driver added. Could you test and report back?

https://hotfile.com/...l-uhid.zip.html

Thanks for the link to the cable as well (ordered one now). I searched everywhere (including dx) before I made one myself. :P

Guest thafslun

Yeah, looks like it. Here's a kernel with uhid driver added. Could you test and report back?

Yes, now both mouse and keyboard works, thanks! Great work on porting CM to the Blade! :-)

Guest thafslun

Mind me asking what's the use of a mouse and keyboard in your phone?

I think the idea was to test bluetooth devices on this rom to avoid breaking something that works in CM10.1

I have now also tested a bluetooth heart rate monitor, I can see the device but are unable to pair with it. I guess our Blade can not handle BT4.0 devices.

Guest the.sniffer

FM Radio is already halfway fixed. Still not getting any audio out of it but at least I have good ideas why. Qualcomm has quite extensively changed how FM volume control works on 4.3 (there's no separate FM stream anymore and no API to set FM volume). It might be quite tricky (or even impossible?) to make it work on our msm7x27a audio HAL (as it's not officially supported by Qualcomm in Android 4.1+). I might try porting the old solution (that I used in CM10/CM10.1) next if this doesn't work.

This ROM is built from the source, it's not 'copied over' from some other device. ;)

Thanks for the update. If you manage to solve the FM volume issue and the rom will be stable enough I'll be happy to test it. I use the FM Radio at work quite often, so I need this working before switching from the stock rom.

Guest johny_pg1

Does anyone have the problem with Play Store when you want to search anything and its just pops up "No results found for eg.maps" I did a full wipe before installing and i tried to switch to 4.2.2 and 4.1.2 and the problem persists.

Need help!

Guest SandStorm_RS

Using this rom (or, the same rom with the added wifi modules from the other acqua forum here on modaco)on my Acqua and no problem. You instaklled the gapps available on the main post?

Anyway on my phone I noticed some things:

-> the gallery camera app, when switching to the frontal camera, it will just crash. The only way to have the camera to work again is to wipe the gallery app data and then it can be launched.

-> battery voltage indicator. While using apps like Advanced Tools, OS Motitor and so on, the voltage instead of coming like "3.917", it comes like 0.003"

-> When plugging in the headset, no headset ion appears. But it works. Also if we configure to launch apollo when plugging the headset, the app comes up.

Now, this is probably app related, anyone able to have mobo player running? it crashes when trying to see videos. (i just tried *.flv ones)