Omg a scratch!

Guest Clarkiieh

Guest Voxpop2011

Well you could kick up a stink with the supplier and point out that the thing is not as advertised. However, you know that you should have considered at the verty least a screen protector.

Guest Combat Gerbil

Scratch resistant will resist scratching but will be damaged by objects harder than itself. ie: glass will be resistant to being scratched by steel but not by diamond.

Scratch proof would indicate being unable to be scratched by anything.. which would need to be harder than diamond. Not possible.

Guest Voxpop2011

So scratch resistent is really an empty claim as the screen is not made from a diamond hard substance.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest Clarkiieh

Its only small, don't know how it got there :s haven't dropped the phone and I don't lie it face down.. Its not noticeable but its just the principle that I know its there now haha.. £60 for the phone? And its a lot better then the Xperia U I played 175 brand new for? I think I can live it down haha

Guest Combat Gerbil

So scratch resistent is really an empty claim as the screen is not made from a diamond hard substance.

Not at all... it will still resist scratching more so than ordinary glass. But don't expect it to be unscratchable.

Just like watches, some are water resistant, so a quick dip will be fine. Whilst others are waterproof and can be immersed for lengthier periods and to greater depths.

• 1 month later...
Guest BrownMicrowave

from suggestion which none worked, you can try toothpaste or brasso. But since the device is £60 i wouldnt expect gorilla glass cornering , just a nokia lumia style anti scratch.