Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

another update:

installed Nova on both ROMS and configured all the shortcuts but my Camera, Phone and Gallery shortcuts keep getting corrupted when I boot into the other ROM

Also my contacts app in Touchwiz rom is crashing, dialer and log works fine though, any guesses?

Touchwiz contacts app crashing here too.

Guest RyanBrooks

Hey Paul! Congrats on the beta! I just signed up for the silver account. I know you just got it out to the indigogo pledger's. In regards to releasing it for the people who have paid for an account through the store I was curious when that may be. My wife has to work tomorrow and I dont so it would be a great day to test it out! :) Thanks

Edited by RyanBrooks

Guest RyanBrooks

Wait so paul said that modaco switch is for gsm devices only? So how do I know if mine is the gsm version?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe all GSM phones use a SIM card if it doesnt have a sim card then your phone is CDMA

Guest chowdarygm

List of things having Issues:

Touchwiz rom:

1. Contacts app crashing

2. Photo editor after taking screenshot crashing when I select drawing and Pen

3. NOVA launcher shortcuts: Phone, Gallery and Camera gets corrupt when booted into Google ROM and Vice versa when you fix it in Google rom
  4. Unable to diable the touchwiz home launcher as you mentioned in the Post 2

Google rom:

1. email app - doesn't store the accounts when setting up
Edited by chowdarygm

Guest Mennpiko

Hi Paul, everything works well, for the beta1 surprised me the stability that has your mod, you think to use De-Odexed roms in the future?, Thank you very much for your work.

Guest Tsuharesu

One thing that is strange is the Play Store web install. It shows me only the I9505G, and I'm right now using Samsung stock. When I press the Install button, nothing download on my phone.

It's ok, I think...

Guest Anstar24

Hey there how can I download the beta files if they are ready this will defo come in very handy as a party trick if or if u get board of one rom cheers fella keep it up

Guest mdingemanse

I got serious trouble using twrp.

Somehow it corrupted my sd card as well. Still readable on pc and after a full wipe also on fresh stock samsung rom.....

For the people who got it working:

What did you do. Step by step?

Guest chowdarygm

Somehow it corrupted my sd card as well. Still readable on pc and after a full wipe also on fresh stock samsung rom.....

Yes... Followed Step to step.... I had a 32gb SD card and was on Cwm recovery with custom rom .... After following everything... All are working fine since he released yesterday night...

First i rooted my device, then i flashed TWRP.

After that i did this,

• Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the SWITCH part 1 zip
  • Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the SWITCH part 2 zip
  • Select the recovery image's option to install zip and select the root zip (if required)
  • Select the recovery image's option to reboot (important: if prompted to fix root select 'Do Not Fix')

But it didn't end well so i wiped it all and began to install it as above again and then it worked :)

Guest Waringd

I am having troubles too.

Phone had been working and had performed one successful switch to GPe, as it was 1am left it on that overnight however when woken up this morning found it hanging on boot screen (no loops) and will not boot into TWRP just sits at Teamwin splash screen.

Only thing i didnt do is flash the odin software first as I had the same software

Going to DL the odin package and start from scratch.

Wish me luck!

Guest mdingemanse

Yes... Followed Step to step.... I had a 32gb SD card and was on Cwm recovery with custom rom .... After following everything... All are working fine since he released yesterday night...

Ok thanx! What version of cwm did you use? I used 6.0.3.2(611). But this one failed to install android 4.3 once

Guest mdingemanse

What versions of CWM / TWRP do i need to use?

There are different versions....

Having a hard time trusting twrp. I see to many problems

Guest kendragon

Sorry I'm not a noob but reading instructions I don't understand when I must flash gpe rom :unsure:

Someone can explain please?

Edited by kendragon