[OFF TOPIC]Android 4.4

Guest blademaster123

Guest bladebuddy
Android 4.4 is called KitKat everyone, what do you guys think?

It looks like big buisness for cadburys or any other Choc / sweet company to get extra advertising. Maybe android 6 might be called hobnobs ?

Just my thought.

Guest george109

It looks like big buisness for cadburys or any other Choc / sweet company to get extra advertising. Maybe android 6 might be called hobnobs ?

Just my thought.

Ive seen it, Its a load of "Product Placement!" and avertising! Android 8 might now be MandMs! :P

Android 4.4 doesn't really seem to add anything worthwhile, it just promises to be on more devices. To be honest it was already expanding rapidly even before this '4.4' reveal so it all seems like bull to me.

Guest blademaster123

Android 4.4 doesn't really seem to add anything worthwhile, it just promises to be on more devices. To be honest it was already expanding rapidly even before this '4.4' reveal so it all seems like bull to me.

on the Android kitkat website they say "

It's our goal with Android KitKat to make an amazing Android experience available for everybody."

So they might add some new cool things, like how 4.1 added some new and slightly major things such as Project butter, Google now.

Guest george109

on the Android kitkat website they say "

It's our goal with Android KitKat to make an amazing Android experience available for everybody."

So they might add some new cool things, like how 4.1 added some new and slightly major things such as Project butter, Google now.

Probably means that they will add some more accessibly features! :P

no new features or info on 4.4 have been announced... that will be at the keynote in October with a new nexus phone,

i would Imagen the UI has been changed for a start, something that fits in with all the updated Google apps, (white backgrounds black text)

and probably move away from blue.

when android gets a new version name the changes are normally quite big to be honest... you just need to go back and look :)

Guest trikomlabs

Android 4.4 is called KitKat everyone, what do you guys think?

google try to make people even more familiar with android, since nokia was bought by microsoft.. it's a matter of competition...

Edited by trikomlabs

Guest blademaster123

What I'm interested in is the rumour that google are working on a kernel that allows optimization for devices with as little as 512MB. I think it was kernel 3.8 or something like that. I wonder if that'll come in KK.

• 1 month later...

If Kitkat is optimized for smartphones with 512 Mbs, do we will have an update from Huawei?

no, but i think there will be a new budget handset from them soon that runs it...

which will be the selling point and the excuse for still only having 512mb RAM  :(

to be honest its nothing special been running it a while now  :ph34r:

Guest ahatomastarday

If Kitkat is optimized for smartphones with 512 Mbs, do we will have an update from Huawei?

Not in a million years. I'm hoping there will be custom ROMs, though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest m_kosmos

Друзья, такая проблема:
Установил на u8815 (g300) Android KitKat (4.4) cm11
Все работает шустро. Но, дома есть вайфай вышка. На ней установлено шифрование WEP...
Если ставить WPA (она не поддерживает выше), то на девайсе все работает.

Короче: на cm10.2 и cm11 - НЕ РАБОТАЕТ ВАЙФАЙ С ШИФРОВАНИЕМ WEP!!!! КАК ЭТО ИСПРАВИТЬ?!

p.s. проблема только эта. Если кто хочет себе установить kitkat - пишите, дам ссылки...

Edited by m_kosmos

Guest m_kosmos
Friends, this problem:
Installed on u8815 (g300) Android KitKat (4.4) cm11
Everything works smartly. But the house has WiFi tower. It set encryption WEP ...
If you put WPA (it does not support the above), then on the device works.

In short: to cm10.2 and cm11 - CLOSED WiFi encrypted WEP!!!! How to fix it?

p.s. the only problem is this. If anyone wants to set himself kitkat - write, give links ...
Edited by m_kosmos