[ROM] Huawei Ascend G510-100 (B194) (V2.0 FINAL - 17.9.2013)

Guest ShockeyCzT

Guest TangerineTractor

I've a g510-0100 and I got the score of 8782 immediately after installing the v.1.7 rom with AnTuTu 4. When you have installed AnTuTu 4 you can search all scored devices, make a search "g510" inside the app and you will really see all the scores for the g510 (highest up to now 8772) ... and when you want, you can make a search even for your y300 and you shall see that the higest score for your device on the AnTuTu server is now really 8563!

I'm not hunting high scores, but I like to have a good ROM and the score of AnTuTu is a prove, that the v.1.7 (with some corrections) is a very good one, that it could be even better is a question of the future developments ...

I disagree. You've got a sub-$150 phone. It's not going to perform like an S4. The key thing is that it runs all the apps you need relatively quickly, lasts more than a couple of hours on battery and doesn't keep locking up or rebooting. Benchmark scores are completely irrelevant. It's how if feels to you in daily use, running your apps and your config.

I disagree. You've got a sub-$150 phone. It's not going to perform like an S4. The key thing is that it runs all the apps you need relatively quickly, lasts more than a couple of hours on battery and doesn't keep locking up or rebooting. Benchmark scores are completely irrelevant. It's how if feels to you in daily use, running your apps and your config.

I agree, it would be ridiculous fighting for some points of score when the device itself is quite poor. I replied only when the guy said, that my score is not true, because he had a different one, done probably with a former version of AnTuTu.

For me personally the AnTuTu score however is a possibility to compare the various ROMs I flashed. I tried all what I could find, I used them and I had a look at the points of test of AnTuTu. Sure, important is even for me the way how it is performing ;-), but I bought it 4 months ago as a g510-0100 and without testing it originally, I used it at once only with mods for the g510-0200 or for the y300, which i could found, for example here in this forum, thanks a lot at all the developers!

Now I am impressed, that it seems working even better with a Rom based on the originally model and I'm waiting how the development will go on. I don't want to have a better phone than others, but a good working one for me. When I posted my score, I didn't imagine that I could disturb the feelings of someone, now I know and I shall not do it any more ...

Edited by avanto

Guest John Player

Hiyas

Ive just requested my unlock code from Huawei and Im looking forward to trying out ROM's. Ive been looking at this site for the past few weeks and this seems like the best one for me - bug free and good battery life (im on vodafone 171 stock at the mo and the battery is woeful!) - my one question is...

on stock i dont have the option to set the network to WCDMA Only, ive tried downloading apps from the market but if i get close I get the message, "the manufacturer has disabled this option"

i was wondering if that was the case with this ROM also?

thanks very much:)

Guest turbytudy

Ok. I flashed the 1.6 rom and noticed that the emotion launcher is still 1.0 and the camera hasn't got hd recording. Does the 1.8 vers. have theese? or is it any way to update the apps?

Guest ShockeyCzT

Ok. I flashed the 1.6 rom and noticed that the emotion launcher is still 1.0 and the camera hasn't got hd recording. Does the 1.8 vers. have theese? or is it any way to update the apps?

recording in HD is removed

Guest turbytudy

recording in HD is removed

Any way to bring it back? And about the emotion UI? And didn't test usb on the go yet. Anyone tested it?

Edited by turbytudy

I get this:

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.

This could be due to the following reasons:

• The file has been removed because of a ToS/AUP violation.
  • Invalid URL - the link you are trying to access does not exist
  • The file has been deleted by the user.

Guest andy/newbie

Has anyone had a system update from huawei saying minor bug fixes better memory management and improved network or something similar? On this rom I had one today

litedani 

as i see u can choose other languages.

i installed 1.9 and then 2

but still i see Nova launcher

and every 10 min there is error message says "unfortunatly, the system UI has stopped woriking"

In Nova i c no no notification bar!!

by the way thanks for you nice rom

Edited by moalla

Guest kannasbor0

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the great rom. :)

I use it for 3 days (1.8), very stable and smooth.

But I have a 2 questions:

I managed, that the init.d doesn't working, so the adrenaline engine script doesn't run at boot time.

How can I enable init.d?

I saw that there is a swapper script too, it means that the kernel supports swapping?

Thanks

Guest litedani

i installed 1.9 and then 2

but still i see Nova launcher

and every 10 min there is error message says "unfortunatly, the system UI has stopped woriking"

In Nova i c no no notification bar!!

by the way thanks for you nice rom

Me too.. When i update 1.9 to 2.0, it says the same error :\