ZTE Blade V display only 233 dpi ?? REALLY.....

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

I cannot believe the new ZTE Blade V display is only going to be 233dpi ?? They going back on themselves??

I had the original ZTE Blade and loved the quality of that TFT screen, crystal sharp 267dpi....

I then got the G300 as my Blade died, and find the screen not as good for the same 800x480 with 233dpi IPS

So now I am a little worried that this Blade V will offer the same poorer quality DPI.... Will icons/text look blurred on a 233dpi, as things were crystal sharp on the OLD Blade....

Cheers, Lister

I have a Huawei G510 with 800x480, and find the DPI to be more than adequate. Yes, it's a bit less than the original Blade, but it's more than adequate. Going back to the old 163 or whatever it used to be on the T-Mobile Pulse is painful, but the 800x480 is perfectly fine.

Next you'll be complaining it hasn't got the S4's octa-core CPU!

Guest targetbsp

I replaced an OLED Blade with an i9000. It has a DPI of only 240 and is miles clearer than the OLED Blade despite a near identical DPI so the DPI doesn't seem to be the overriding factor in that.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi KenBW2,

I'm not complaining, I just want to be cautious.... As I loved my Blade, nothing was wrong with it other than being slow (until it died, Touchscreen)... But what do we expect of a 3x year old phone that was only ever meant to run Android 2.0, and officially upgradable to Android 2.1.... I could deal with the slowness in that case when running JB.

However, after doing much searching and asking peoples opinions, as to what phone has the best ROM support to match the Blade as a replacement.... I decided to go with the G300, also an old phone... I was happy with the hardware spec, an improvement over the original Blade. However the obvious thing that jumped out to me, was I could see individual pixels easily... and text/icons looked blocky/bluried in comparrassion.

So I went and got the G300, but now I maybe selling that to get this better spec one... But wary of parting with this one, if the screen is no better.... Sure i appreciate the other specs far out-weight the downfall of the screen, such as Quad Core, 1GB Ram, dual camera's and various other improvements...

I think I'll check instore to see what the screen is like... But of course, the price for the hardware is very good...

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

I know, tell me about it.... It seems so few/little....

But trust me, I've seen a huge difference in quality from the orginal ZTE Blade vs (its replacement) the Huawei G300...

Sure the screen is ok on the G300, but it is very noticable to see each pixel on the G300, and that small text is like 80's blocky games.... Where as the ZTE Blade 1 was crystal clear... Couldnt see the pixels, and even tiny (tim) text was perfectly viewable. I've had to increase the App size on one the Apps I use, just to make the text readable...

Just seems ZTE have cut costs on the screen (unlike previous phones) just to cater for of course the WAY BETTER other hardware.... Just hope its not too noticable...

Cheers, Lister

Those extra 34 dpi make all the difference, huh?

Guest targetbsp

That makes no sense from a DPI perspective. Small text on a lower DPI screen will simply be slightly bigger to start with - there'd be no need to increase it until it has enough dots to draw it. This is why I have a lower DPI monitor - it's easier on the eyes! I suspect that simply general screen quality is your issue rather than DPI.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi targetbsp,

Thank you for clearing that, and appreciate your import... Just read again what you said about your old SanFran and i9000. I guess you could be right in that case about just plain poor screen quality and not the dpi...

Its just the SanFran and the G300 both have 800x480... (just SanFran is 267dpi and G300 is 233dpi) However just looking at anything on the screen and its clear to see each pixel. Small text on the front screen (weather report) is barely readable). And I use a File Manager App (FX Explorer) which I normally change to a lower DPI (fits more on the screen on the SanFran) and kinda turns it into Tablet mode.... However on the G300, can barely read that too... So had to re-up it again to make it readable...

So just assume its a poorer quality screen....??

I shall be looking in the shop before I go out and buy one, and also hope/wait for an unlock too, as I am on T-Mobile PAYG (not the greatest network) but all my mates have this number and cant be faffed to change it all... lol

Cheers, Lister