[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest edwardecl

Finally got into the menu. You are correct pico works although sounds bad, but just getting rid of the error message is good enough for me.

Apart from that ROM seems OK so far. Was the broken TTS thing a recent breakage? (not mentioned in the problems post).

Edited by edwardecl

Guest wbrambley

Anyone had any luck getting the gesture typing to work. No big deal but got used using it. Is it safe to update with nightlies now?

Install Google keyboard from market. It is the exact same keyboard but it works.

Guest fussyfella

I installed CM10.2 with TWRP 2.6.3.0 without problems. 

But, I not recommend latest(v6.0.3.7)cwm from daz, installed CM10.2 and CM10.1 roms with latest cwm and get permanently force close google apps/trebuchet.

Latest twrp: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/u8815

is that the img file? some of us may need a refresher on how to install img files :-)

is that the img file? some of us may need a refresher on how to install img files :-)

Switch phone to fastboot mode(power off, long push power on+woldown) and connect usb cable, install Minimal adb and fastboot http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42407269 to get fastboot command environment. 

Type fastboot flash recovery <image file> The recovery image copy to the fastboot environment installaltion directory.

After finish type: fastboot reboot, unplug the usb cable.

So did you install it with build v6.0.3.7 of TWRP in the end?

CWM 6.0.3.7 not recommended, Twrp 2.6.3.0 recommended

Latest twrp image: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/u8815

Sorry for bad english.

I sucessfully upgraded CM10.2 sep19 to sep22 build with TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery. Imho TWRP compatible with CM10.2

CWM 6.0.3.7 buggy, I get internal storage errors with 6.0.3.7 cwm in CM10.1-2 ROMs.

Edited by attilav

Guest wards5150

Install Google keyboard from market. It is the exact same keyboard but it works.

Thanks for that got it installed. If it is the same must be a bug on asop keyboard. Hopefully an easy fix on a nightly.

OTAs certainly shouldn't work on TWRP since it hasn't been updated for the SD card switch around, in fact the G300's TWRP configuration hasn't changed in months.

I have no idea what these issues are with the recovery since no one has given me a clear description, they've just decided to "not recommend" it.

Guest george109

They're incredibly similar. The Y300 is essentially a dual core G300. The Y300 kernel has been running on the G300 for some time and the project is actually worth continuing now.

:huh: Well, I stand corrected! Edited by george109

Ok, so I've decided to update from 0914 to 0923 with the v6.0.3.7 recovery supplied in the first post (that I had already set up before 0914) to see what happens.

After doing the updating apps thing it rebooted once and then went to my phone home screen. I'm using Apex Launcher so I'm not sure what happens with the Trebuchet launcher.

Apex seems to be working fine, AndroZip can see all of my files in both sdcard0 and sdcard1, Facebook works fine...Google Play as well.. Games that I have on my phone are working properly too.

I'm not sure why some people are reporting issues with it, it's working just fine for me.

:D

Edit: -The sound recorder crashes when I press stop
- Sounds when pressing buttons seem delayed

Edited by sabrenn

Guest danielsz11

Problem for cyanogenmod accound 4bl8k58l5p5p_t.jpg help me pleas :)

I had the same problem. Change language to English and you should be fine. When you add a Cyanogenmod account you can switch to Polish language again.

Guest trelowney

Have anyone problem with Google Play? On 20130921 build Google Play disappear and no in menu, etc. When I flash Google Apps again, it's same situation, Google Play is lost for me :(

Have anyone problem with Google Play? On 20130921 build Google Play disappear and no in menu, etc. When I flash Google Apps again, it's same situation, Google Play is lost for me :(

In case it makes a difference here ... did you update gapps via GooManager as explained in the second post of this thread

Issues:

• Bluetooth tethering currently doesn't work
  • No overclocking on the 109808 baseband yet
  • Google+ crashes until you update it from the Play Store using Goo.im gapps... O_O

Guest trelowney

In case it makes a difference here ... did you update gapps via GooManager as explained in the second post of this thread

Google Apps worked without problems from the beginning (from 10.2 to install the update gapps 20130813). Since the version I wrote my Google Play disappeared completely and was not seen, even after reinstalling GAPPS 201308013. I have already solved it, but it was tedious.
I had to downgrade to GAPPS 20121011. Downgrade ROM on 20130921. Install new GAPPS20130803. Then was reported every 10 seconds fall of Google Apps. Followed ROM upgrade to "20130924". Crash of GAPPS still continued. So therefore, I re-flashed GAPPS that same version (20130803). After new phone start crashes ceased and Google Play operate without problem.

First, thanks to Dazzozo and all the community who made possible to port cm10.2 to our little G300

Second, I'm in 20130923 and after the change of voice synth to tts all is running fine. The only "problem" I see is battery life.

The question is if anyone can tell me the basic tweaks I can do to minor this problem?

Thanks