[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest phyllocrania

I flashed my roms and recoveries over 500 times, the same way, so everything works normally ... I don't know how they flashed, and what is their procedure. but mine is, as always... wipe /data, format /system, wipe dalvik cache, reboot recovery, flash zip ... (when not OTA)

You've got a point here. Those who bricked their phones might not have followed the suggested "format cache, system, data" procedure. Only they can tell. Hopefully they reply and make things clear. This ROM is so good. I don't want to stay away from it. :(

Guest jiri.bati.novak

The worry is not for those who are flashing it without problems and running smoothly. Its for those, whose phones died. So many people can't just damage their phones all around the same time, that too while trying to flash the latest builds. I am no developer or expert to comment on the technicalities, but its apparent that it has something to do with the ROM or recovery.

Right, my phone died, but i know, that I did not mess with stuff. But phone died, never leave without a backup :-)

I flashed my roms and recoveries over 500 times, the same way, so everything works normally ... I don't know how they flashed, and what is their procedure. but mine is, as always... wipe /data, format /system, wipe dalvik cache, reboot recovery, flash zip ... (when not OTA)

You've got a point here. Those who bricked their phones might not have followed the suggested "format cache, system, data" procedure. Only they can tell. Hopefully they reply and make things clear. This ROM is so good. I don't want to stay away from it. :(

Also check MD5's, just to make sure your not installing a corrupt download

if is really death as appears in some messages,a backup doesn't solve.

You are using a Nightly version! A "death phone" is a risk using this.

If don't know what to do, Use the "Experimental" build instead or a more "stable" rom.

Also, appears to be a case of wrong flashing of the rom...

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest phyllocrania

Right, my phone died, but i know, that I did not mess with stuff. But phone died, never leave without a backup :-)

if is really death as appears in some messages,a backup doesn't solve.

You are using a Nightly version! A "death phone" is a risk using this.

If don't know what to do, Use the "Experimental" build instead or a more "stable" rom.

Also, appears to be a case of wrong flashing of the rom...

Maybe he meant a separate whole phone as a backup, in case your G300 dies.

Guest Tommy.35

Yeah, iam not done it, maybe that is the real problem, so, I will go lookin for another phone to buy, maybe bye bye forever, iam so sad, G300+ Dazzozo is epic.

Guest phyllocrania

Yeah, iam not done it, maybe that is the real problem, so, I will go lookin for another phone to buy, maybe bye bye forever, iam so sad, G300+ Dazzozo is epic.

This is sad.  I can understand. I bricked a previous Samsung phone of mine while flashing ROMs. I know the feeling and the pain.  :(

if your phone is still under warranty, visit the service centre ASAP.

i've got CWM 6.0.4.4 and nightly 131020 installed and it's working fine, better than older ones. but is using of this rom and cwm safe? or I should do a downgrade? i don't want to brick my phone :P

Edited by dadi11

Guest GeryEmreiss

Mine says XINYH and phone is freezing. It started, when i flashed R5 cwm. Now I have and R3 and 18th nightly and freezes are still here

Edited by GeryEmreiss

Mine is XINYH had upgraded to 131020 using OTA.  All was working OK until a couple of minutes ago where I shut it down to boot in to cwm to check version.  Now it appears to be bricked as it will not start.  i.e. Press power button nothing.  Taken battery out left it.  tried again still nothing. Bugger!!

Guest bidzapfc

Being very rude here...

So you wanted OTA updates? All working with little to no effort? Yeah right... See what happens now. Your CWM didnt wipe all partitions and some code got mixed up and burned your phones... Just great isnt it?

I'm sorry for putting it like this but you all knew the risk when you first rooted your phones

Edited by bidzapfc

maybe Dazzozo could bring the instructions to help revive the G300...

Who have the smartphone "dead", have tryed press the Volume up and down, at the same time, and press the Power button? Note that all the buttons should be pressed and, after press the Power button, mantain them pressed for a few seconds.

Appears something?

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest tcpaulh

Mine says XINYH and phone is freezing. It started, when i flashed R5 cwm. Now I have and R3 and 18th nightly and freezes are still here

It is possible your phone will die soon. You have nothing to lose by running an official update.app (maybe b926) before it dies completely . It might just fix the problem. It cant make it worse

Anyone with xinyh (Hynix) flash memory who's flashed a 3.4 rom and the phone is still alive should probably do this asap

Edited by tcpaulh